IGNORED

Looking to buy some new Irons...help?

Note: This thread is 3417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone!

Golf season is upon me here in New England! I am heading out today to play a round in this gorgeous 70 degree weather.

I am looking to get some new irons for myself as I have a nice driver and putter so I am set in those aspects.

I played on my golf team this year for my highschool, but Im still not very good.

I want to get some new irons, brand doesn't matter.

I am 17 y/o,  6'2 and about 180 lbs with a strong swing speed, not sure if those matter, but in some sports I know they do.

Im not too informed on golf equiptment, so if you guys could help that would be awesome!

Ideally, I would like to spend under $350 or so. But the cheaper the better of course. And I can go used.

Lastly, they need to be somewhat common as I dont have any really nice golf stores here.

Thanks everyone,

Matt

E-bay is also loaded with fakes! Anything shipping from China is a fake. However, you can get some great deals on used irons once you know what you want. There are legitimate e-bay dealers selling last years new clubs at good prices, but it's buyer beware. Tip: Any site selling new Scotty Cameron putters at deep discount - run away! (it's the most faked brand and Scotty doesn't discount, so it's a good indicator. The crooks always have Scotty's at low prices.)

dicek,

Different opinion here. Do not go eBay on this one.

Find a local golf shop and look at some irons you can hit and check out before you buy. If possible, get a fitting and keep the launch monitor computer data to chart your future swing progress.

After you learn more about golf clubs, eBay might be an option for occasional purchases.

You likely will need stiff shafts. Don't be afraid to get some Game Improvement irons (or even Super Game Improvement) in the early going. GIs will help you get the ball up as you develop your game. Ask adult golfers you know for recommendations on a good golf shop. Then, tell the pro/fitter at the shop your goals.

Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you know what you want, ebay is good, otherwise I agree with not using ebay or craigslist or anything that you can't test. If you do go the ebay route, buy used or new from a real person or golf reseller and nothing out of the country. Check the feedback and how long they have been a member. If they have 100% or near and have been a member for a long time, they're probably ok. I've bought a bunch or clubs on ebay for myself and as gifts and have never gotten a fake.

Note: This thread is 3417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!