IGNORED

Anyone carry a 4 wood in the bag?

Note: This thread is 2868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've always been told that if I can't hit the driver that I should get a 3 wood. So recently I went to get one but found a Cleveland DST 17 degree 4 wood that I hit better and farther than any 3 wood. Any one else have luck with a 4wood instead of the 3 wood? Shouldn't I be hitting the 3 farther?

I don't carry one but my wife does.    She had real problems getting any air under the ball, even off a tee.   We recently got her a 13.5* driver, and the extra height fixed her distance on drives.   Since she had the same problem multiplied off the deck with a 15* 3-wood, we got her a 17* 4-wood to replace it.   She has been having real good luck with the 4..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When it was the only club I had between my driver and 3 iron, I had a 4 wood and I loved it.  When I added a 19* hybrid, I was able to replace the 4 wood with a 15* 3 wood.

On paper, 3 woods go further than 4 woods, but the only one that I would find really odd is if you were hitting the Cleveland DST 3 wood (with the equivalent shaft) shorter than this one.  Either way, its not relevant ... you hit this one great and thats all that really matters.

You hit what you hit. A 4 wood hit on the screws will always go farther than a 3 wood that you hit fat or push or pull into the woods or water.

Heck, I've gone to a Ti 5 wood.

I do - G15 17degree. Works great, distance is basically the same for me as a 3 wood and I'm able to hit it from the fairway better than a 3 wood.

I love my 4W (I have the G15 as well). If you like the 4W, give a 7W a try as well.  They are a great combination, I switched to it from the more standard 3W/5W and much prefer it.

If it works, use it. I know people who carry only a 3 wood, because they cant a driver.

I have recently given up using hybrids because I just can not hit them worth a darn. I went and bout a 7 wood, which works for me.

What length shaft is on that 4w?

I am only 5' 4" and always looking for "shorter" clubs.  Especially since I have to shorten them anyway.

So far the shortest 4w in stock length I have found is the TM r11 4w which is 42.5".

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Wishon 915HL 16.5° 4 wood here.  Higher loft and shorter shaft means I hit it much better than any of my 3 woods.

i play a superfast 2.0 4W and I crush it off the tee.  I was hitting it 255, measued by gps in 45 degree weather last round..  i've hit a big cut around a tree 237 yds and rolled on to a par 5 green in 2.  I 3 jacked the goddamn putt though.

Originally Posted by erock9174

What length shaft is on that 4w?

I am only 5' 4" and always looking for "shorter" clubs.  Especially since I have to shorten them anyway.

So far the shortest 4w in stock length I have found is the TM r11 4w which is 42.5".

I built it to 42".  Also just answered your PM.

I carry a 4 wood in my bag at all times. On my vacation in Hilton Head I was doing horrible with my driver since I hadn't played in a long time so I switched to my 4 wood for tee shots. It has never done me wrong and every shot went dead straight. I know it's just a mental thing for me, but I love mine

Note: This thread is 2868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!