IGNORED

2012 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Were you able to see this live somewhere?  I'm following on Shot Tracker, and was surprised that his first putt went in because I thought I remembered it being outside of 30'.

Which brings me to my second question: is there no way to go to previous holes/shots using Shot Tracker?  It seems like once that last putt went in for that hole, you can't check any of the prior info (driving distance, proximity to hole, etc).

Brandon

I saw it on the live leaderboard on pgatour.com. I think I can see some older info on my phone (Android, with PGA Tour app), but the app keeps auto-quitting on me today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shindig

I saw it on the live leaderboard on pgatour.com. I think I can see some older info on my phone (Android, with PGA Tour app), but the app keeps auto-quitting on me today.

Holy crap, you can watch it live on the app today.  That's the first time I've seen an option to watch it live.

It also force closed on me the first time I opened it (Galaxy Nexus).  It's the only app I've had FC on me in a while.

Edit: looks like the footage is only of holes #14 & #17, and is also available on the PGA Tour website.  Still not bad though.  Hopefully they will do this more often.  One of the reasons I love the NFL Network app is because you get the Red Zone channel and Sunday/Monday night streams.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Force closed? Auto-quitting? Why the euphemisms? They CRASHED!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Which brings me to my second question: is there no way to go to previous holes/shots using Shot Tracker?  It seems like once that last putt went in for that hole, you can't check any of the prior info (driving distance, proximity to hole, etc). Brandon

If you click on an individual golfer, or his group, you get a screen that just shows that golfer or group. You can then click on a hole number (on the list of holes above the map of the hole) to "replay" that hole. It also lets you select previous rounds.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

A lot of people think Arnie is the King, Arnie being #1 on the list that does.  I agree, he's done a lot for golf, but it was wrong for him to call out Rory and Donald for not being there.  If he wants them to show up so badly he can pay them an appearance fee as additional incentive.

International flights and crossing time zones takes a major toll on your body even if you fly business class, not to mention the time they lose being at home.  I don't blame these guys for not wanting to put themselves through it right before a Major.  Rory isn't going to be here to defend his win at Congressional this year because it's on the same date as the Ireland Open, sometimes life happens.  IMO Arnie needs to get over it.

One little note Donald lives in Chicago and he did play last week in Tampa so the fact of flying internationally wouldn't really apply to him. Regardless I don't care if they play or not there's plenty of talent there to make it worth watching. If Palmer wants to call them out again fine by me it's his tournament and he wants it to be as successful as possible Rory and Luke would certainly add to the draw.

Now back on topic... I really want to see Dufner hold it together and get a W but McDowell was impressive today.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by brocks

If you click on an individual golfer, or his group, you get a screen that just shows that golfer or group. You can then click on a hole number (on the list of holes above the map of the hole) to "replay" that hole. It also lets you select previous rounds.

This may be an issue with my browser then (or my pop-up blocker).  Whenever I click on anything that you guys have suggested (which I've done numerous times before today) all that happens is the page refreshes.

This may be an issue with my browser then (or my pop-up blocker).  Whenever I click on anything that you guys have suggested (which I've done numerous times before today) all that happens is the page refreshes.

Shot Tracker doesn't work at all for me with Firefox, and I've given up trying to figure out what the problem is, because I don't want to turn off any of my add-ons. But it does work for me with vanilla IE (on Win7-64), and that's all I ever use IE for.

Well, this is very weird.  All of a sudden it works.  I've been using shot-tracker for about 3-4 tournaments so far, and I've never been able to zoom in on a specific golfer, group or hole.  But after I posted that it doesn't work, now it does :)

Anyway, Tiger definitely has all parts of his game working now.  It seems like he's been on the precipice for a while, but the short game would always leave him at some point.  Not today.  And the driving has been great.  He's 139 yards out on the 18th fairway for a potential 64.

Brandon

Anyway, Tiger definitely has all parts of his game working now.  It seems like he's been on the precipice for a while, but the short game would always leave him at some point.  Not today.  And the driving has been great.  He's 139 yards out on the 18th fairway for a potential 64.

Still some distance control issues, and a few wayward tee shots, but that's just another way of saying he's not absolutely perfect. If he can shoot a 65 every day, I like his chances at Augusta.

Originally Posted by brocks

So unless Wi makes a couple more birdies, looks like Tiger and Graeme McDowell in the final group tomorrow.

The Live Coverage announcers said Dufner will be in the final group, unless Wi overtakes him.

Brandon

The Live Coverage announcers said Dufner will be in the final group, unless Wi overtakes him. Brandon

Oops, I forgot they were still on assigned groups today. I assumed McDowell finished first because he had the lower score.

Tiger turns in a bogey-free 65 and has sole command of the lead at the moment. Here's looking forward to a great weekend!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Too bad Charlie made a bogey on 18. Him and Tiger would've been a cool final group.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I was enjoying this tournament,but now i know who the winner is so there is no need to watch the rest.The commentators at the golf channel already have given woods the trophy though.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Wi just sank a long birdie where it REALLY count. Tiger is a competitor, that's for sure, but he is by no means the dominant player in this tournament. Anyone betting on Tiger at this point is taking as big a chance as someone betting on anyone else close to the lead.

Originally Posted by bruce

I was enjoying this tournament,but now i know who the winner is so there is no need to watch the rest.The commentators at the golf channel already have given woods the trophy though.

Originally Posted by bruce

Sounds cool but completely false.  They did no such thing.  Why do you need to prevaricate (a nice way of saying lie)?  They said that they needed to see how he played with the lead and that just as Tiger said there is still along way to go.  Which commentators do you claim gave Tiger the trophy and what exactly did they say?  I still have the 2nd round and Golf Central on TIVO and would like to see.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!