IGNORED

2012 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by brocks

LOL, Ernie Els:

Todd Teeth: Ernie, how excited are you about today's round?

Ernie: I'm excited... zzzzzz.

LOL...exactly what I thought too. He is not a guy very confident at this moment.

In contrast, Graeme McDowell is a man with a plan. He just gave a cogent, confident plan of how he is going to win this thing.

By the by, I just wanted to say that I really do like Frank Nobilo as a golf analyst.  Not sure how others feel about him, but I always find him cogent, articulate with just enough charm/humor to be enjoyable but not enough to be annoying.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Join the chat if anyone is interested in chatting about the final round today: http://thesandtrap.com/chat Graeme certainly got some jitter to get rid of. Double bogey at one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Graeme certainly got some jitter to get rid of. Double bogey at one.

He knew it was going to be a tough day when he hit a perfect drive, and was short of Tiger's 3-metal. Now it only remains to be seen whether Tiger can finish this off.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Looks like today will be about not making mistakes.

With the top 4 players all playing over part at the start, this could be interesting.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Last week, there were lots of low scores posted early, and the leaders weren't able to separate from the pack. Looking at where the players who started the day at 3-6 under par are so far, it doesn't look like there will be a repeat of what happened at Transitions.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Graeme certainly got some jitter to get rid of. Double bogey at one.

He just bounced back with a long birdie. If there's anyone who won't wilt on a sunday, it's McDowell.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It's a good thing too. I don't want one guy to run off with a 5 shot lead after nine holes. I want competition into the 18th.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

WTF? It was obvious to everybody that Tiger would need a ruling as soon as his second shot on 4 rolled onto the sprinkler cover or whatever, but five minutes later, he's still waiting for an official to get there? I guess none of the officials were paying attention to the last group, but they'll probably put them on the clock now.

Gosh, it's kinda windy out there. Sure hope Tiger can hold on for the win, since some think he's not a good wind player...despite 12 victories in Florida in March & 3 British Opens.

Tiger was not a very strong wind player. Partly because he moved the ball a lot, wich made it more vulnerable to the wind. He was also not the best driver off the ball. If he found the rough with a tee shot in calm conditions, it could end up in a hazard with wind in play. Winning at St Andrews does not mean it's blowing in gales. That was some time ago though. The stuff he's worked on the last couple of years has made him a better player in the wind. Moving the ball less and being more accurate.

It is March now, they are playing in Florida, it is not very windy. Playing a course at a given time of the year does not mean it is blowing hard. Tiger was still the best player by miles in his haydays. He could win in wind, but he was never any good at playing in it. He's even said so himself.

Tiger's wind play is discussed in depth in another thread. It was proven pretty conclusively that he is a very good wind player.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!