• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 506 - May 17, 2021 Hit balls (including one ball into the parking lot) from the back of the range at Whispering Woods today. Didn't quite have the same feel as the other day, but… it's close.
    • So I was helping my daughter out at the back of the range today. I had chipped literally two 8-irons, then wanted her to take a break, so I said “watch this in case I duck hook it onto the practice green” (short game). I’m on the back of the range, hitting toward the mats that are 300 yards away. I hit it, a high seed, and… it hits by the mats (between two people, about six mats apart) and bounces into the parking lot. It’s a gravel parking lot, the ball didn’t go very far. But, ooooookay. So, that’s enough of that. My daughter was both in awe and frightened that I may have dented someone’s Honda. A student takes his Mevo out on the course to measure shots hit out there, and he said he measured my first tee shot a few days ago at 175 ball speed and 117.x (don’t remember the decimal value) clubhead speed. He bought a set of SuperSpeed sticks off eBay later that day. Wheeeeee.
    • I played as a 2 man in a pretty big local tournament that gets top flight guys. The course was set up long and tough, but weather was good. 1st day =X 2nd day =79 I hit the ball really well both days and would’ve shot in the 70s both days if I didn’t take an X on a hole. I didn’t know where to hit the tee shot, so my captain gave me a starting line hit the ball 15 yards right of the start line- quality drive, captain says that’s not bad, you can get home from there ball was lost on an overgrown hillside and the team was in good shape, so I sat in the cart instead of holding up play i had 50 yards of open fairway to the left thanks captain  Putting was bad but, even with a 5 putt (4 of them were within 3.5 feet and I tried on them all) - I scored pretty well and made a handful of birdies on a tough setup.
    • My biggest drop in handicap over two years was going from a 9.9 to a 3.9. How? I stayed out of the shit.... I called the zoo... I finally cured my hook (It came back again, then I was able to cure it again like literally today.)    @iacas will be the first one to tell you or you can tell for yourself, in My Swing Thread... my swing looks like an unfolding lawn chair. (I’ve taken literally four lessons in my 24 years playing golf). I can understand complex, like the number A# that Erik has on this site. I’m trying to learn to play golf with mostly a three-quarter swing. It is however a process. In the meantime, I aim away from the shit (darker zones), try to get on or around the green, and don’t do anything stupid when I do get out of position... basically “miss” straight... 
    • Yep. Jack was never so lucky to be gifted a major. Those club pros gave him their best every tournament in the early years! 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Billy B
      Billy B
      (42 years old)
    2. Golf hack
      Golf hack
      (61 years old)
    3. GrinderUK
      GrinderUK
      (61 years old)
    4. macuis
      macuis
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...