IGNORED

My Swing (Parker0065)

Parker0065
Note: This thread is 4377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Swing_Before.jpg

Swing Before

Swing_After.jpg

Swing Today

I have to convert the video but I took a couple screen shots today and saw some things I liked and didn't like. But in these shots I can see that on my backswing I'm in a much better position with the club coming back more over my right shoulder But I still have some work to do on it.

I really dig Adam Scotts swing so I looked at his takeaway versus mine and Oh boy, I have some work ahead of me:

Takeaway_Scott.jpg

Takeaway_Me.jpg

As the pictures show, I'm still getting the club back inside a little too much, where Scotts clubhead covers his hands almost perfectly. Something to strive for,,lol!

I didn't take a shot of the top of my backswing but there's definitely work to be done there. My club is still crossing the line at the top pointing to the right of target. May have something to do with not getting my left shoulder down enough, I'll keep working on it.

Note to Patrick57: This has nothing to do with a "quick fix"! I was way out of position on my backswing and Mvmac has me going in the right direct for sure. It wasn't like I was shooting 85, then miraculously shot 71. I usually shoot 72-74 but would hit one or two really bad hooks O.B. or in trouble that would cancel out the 3-4 birdies per round.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Just a couple things.  When the clubshaft is parallel to the ground, that pic Adam Scott, I'd recommend NOT having the toe "up".  A lot of people think it's square, but it's actually open to the arc we are swinging on.  We swing on an inclined plane, not straight back and straight through.  This is more for general knowledge, yours is a little open.  Even if you don't hit this position, it's doesn't mean you can't make a good, efficient backswing.  The more important position imo is when the left arm is parallel to the ground.   A good check point is the shaft is pointing at or just inside the ball.  Good example is Jonathan Byrd

Jonathan byrd A2-3 dtl.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Parker0065

As the pictures show, I'm still getting the club back inside a little too much, where Scotts clubhead covers his hands almost perfectly. Something to strive for,,lol!

Note that your shaft position isn't nearly as bad or as inside as it looks. We're right on Adam's toe-line - perhaps even a tad LEFT of it - while we're quite a ways (the camera = we) right of your toe line.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I noticed the same thing, look at the white line, your aligned to the right and the camera is not directly behind you.

Parker.jpg

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Thanks Eric and EverythingGolf for pointing out the camera angle and my closed stance. I'll have to review your video on how to tape my swing to get more accurate angles.

Mvmac I think I'm starting to see where you were going with my "Left shoulder down more". My shoulders are still on too flat of a plane for hitting a 6 iron in my videos. I'll keep banging away at it. I was just so pleased with my round on Sunday because without all that forearm rotation it really helped me eliminate the left side of the golfcourse. I hit 10 of 14 fairways and the 4 misses were all just a few yards in the right rough. I lost no balls to the left with my old ugly hook and I really appreciate your guy's help with that!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Note: This thread is 4377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!