IGNORED

Titleist 735.CM Stainless irons

Jack_2251
Note: This thread is 3872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was having a think about trying the new 735's, and was wondering if anyone new about them.

I have the PW of the titleist 735.cm, and it feels quite clicky and hard, not as soft as mizuno. Does everyone have this opinion of them. Also, are the 3,4 and 5 irons different feel to the 8,9,PW??
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I've been playing the Titleist 735cm's for around a year now and they are a pretty nice iron that perform well. They definately have a harder feel than a Mizuno forged but I didn't find them to be to hard. When struck well the club is soft.

I'm actually thinking of dumping my irons for a set of Taylormade RAC MB TP's. I'm ready to make the jump to a full set of blades. My set is in pretty good shape, 5-PW Project X 6.0 (similar to the DG s300), just normal wear and tear from the irons clanging in the bag but other than that nothing that affects their performance. I'm just not one to have irons booties for my clubs, that just goes to far for me.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I've been playing the Titleist 735cm's for around a year now and they are a pretty nice iron that perform well. They definately have a harder feel than a Mizuno forged but I didn't find them to be to hard. When struck well the club is soft.

Hey my fellow venezolano

. Im planing to buy a new set of iron. I will like to see yours. For how much you will sell them and can you tell me what leght and lie they have? send me pics here rthat15@gmail.com . Help another fellow venezolano

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Do you believe I got a really great deal on these?

Titleist 735.CM Stainless Irons
Used- In "very good" condition it says online

3-PW

$150.93
Stiff flex

I think its a great deal, but what do you think? Do you have these, and if you do, do you like them? Pros and Cons?
Any other stories you wish to tell?
Thanks so much and may god bless you all! ^_^

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

That is a pretty respectable price for a set of stainless 735cm irons in very good condition, as they can usually go for over $200, with the 1025 steel versions still being around $300.  If your HI is 25 because of your iron play, you may have a bit of an issue with the long irons though.  Not by any means am I saying you shouldn't play them, just that they are aimed at lower handicap players.  I myself am a mid-capper and I switched from cavity backs to muscle backs this year.  Just don't get discouraged if you have a bit of trouble with them, is all.

My iron play is getting better, and not really. It is more of my short game, as I made sure to at least have a putt for par everytime last year. True, my iron play could still improve, but I think they are decent. Thanks for replying

In My Bag..

SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

Funny cause I just bought the same ones.  You were on Golfsmith weren't you?  I called and apparently they are marked wrong.  Did you notice the "good" were more expensive than the "very good".  Looks like we should have paid over $200 for these, but I grabbed the same set as well....Guess they had a few sets at the "very good" level.  They look great, can't wait to get em!

good luck with them

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/titleist_forged_735cm_irons_review http://thesandtrap.com/t/9770/new-735s-coming I love my 735s!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by mrjosep

Funny cause I just bought the same ones.  You were on Golfsmith weren't you?  I called and apparently they are marked wrong.  Did you notice the "good" were more expensive than the "very good".  Looks like we should have paid over $200 for these, but I grabbed the same set as well....Guess they had a few sets at the "very good" level.  They look great, can't wait to get em!

good luck with them

When did you buy them? Like what day/time?

In My Bag..

• 1 year later...

So early this morning when i couldnt sleep, i was surfing ebay and found these in a 3-PW set that happened to be a +1 in length..  And after some reading on them I bought them..

I know i just picked up a set of Adam's GI  Tight lie's , but i figured these Titleist's would be a good upgrade, since the 3-4 irons are CB's, the 5-6-7 are CM's and the 8-9-pw are blades..

Now from all the review's i've read it sounds like these were basically the cats meow, a few years ago...

I'm just curious if there is really any difference between a set that is a few years old vs something that is brand new??   in the same set up..

Plus I figured this gives me a good chance to compare the difference between a GI iron and something less forgiving...

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those irons are my favorite irons. The fact that they are cavity, muscle, and blades gives you the best of all worlds in your irons. I gamed these for four years then made my own blended set of mizunos. The heads will last forever, just make sure to regrip or reshaft when necessary. Also make sure to adjust the loft and lie atleast once a year, as forged clubs can bend slightly over time.

Got ya!!!  would of never thought about that with Forged heads lol...   Yea i am kind of geeked about getting these...  Crazy thing was Wednesday night i stopped into golf galaxy and went to the simulator with a new forged titleist 5 iron and a rocketbladez 5 iron ( not tour )...  And amazingly i was hitting them both very well with minimal shanks..    Now i have no clue on how accurate their sims are, but i was struggling to hit the titleist 5 iron 130yards... Even though i was hitting the ball good.. But with the Rocketbladez I was averaging about 160 yards..

And my MPH ball speed was about 15mph slower with the Titleist's ..

It is what it is

oppps.. I should of noted that i've noticed that i have problem with hitting Moon shots with my irons...   Not sure why i have this issue, but it's something i am working on to get that nice low piercing hit with my irons......

It is what it is

Originally Posted by David L Yskes

And my MPH ball speed was about 15mph slower with the Titleist's ..

That's not the club...

I still play the 735s because I have not found anything I like better. It's hard to beat the control of the blades in the scoring irons and the forgiveness in the long irons to give you the best of both worlds.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Well my Titleist's 735 CM's came in the mail today and after work i went to the range and hit two buckets..

and honestly i didnt notice a difference with hitting these irons vs my Adams GI tight lies...  I mean my bad hits would still be a bad hit with the Adams..usually from popping up and hitting the ball thin..

I actually found that i hit the 7 thru 3 irons a lot better than my Adams 7 thru 3..   I'd probably say that I hit the 6 iron the best, just gave me a good overall ball flight and distance..    I'd say overall I actually got better distance and accuracy from these irons vs my Adams..

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the 8 thru PW irons were to hit, considering they are blades..  And how I have always heard that you really need to be a good ball striker or else they kill your hands..    Almost makes me consider getting a full set of blades...  but maybe next year..

I'd completely recommend a set of irons like these to anyone looking to upgrade from a GI type of iron set...

It is what it is

I'm glad you are enjoying them. I wouldn't get too excited about going all blades. Generally they get harder in the mid to long irons. The 735s take that into account and give you a shallow cavity 5-7 and a full cavity 3-4. The 8-pw muscle backs are very manageable and give some more control that you would expect from a blade. They are also designed to come off lower in the short irons and higher in the long irons. They are serious sticks. Have fun.

TourSpoon...

i actually ment to say a Muscle Back type of iron set..( if they make one )   Not full on blades lol..

But after having my first golf lesson today with a PGA Pro, i am geeked about using these clubs now!!   The teacher had me hitting my 8 iron out to about 150 yards, which was about 20 to 25 yards farther than i was previously hitting my 8 iron..   And that was after some simple adjustments to my stance / approach to the ball and to my swing and follow thru....   And not even swinging any harder too...

And jmo, I could honestly see myself using these irons for several years or until the grooves wear out......

It is what it is

...And how I have always heard that you really need to be a good ball striker or else they kill your hands..    Almost makes me consider getting a full set of blades...  but maybe next year..

I have a set of the 735cm as well with rifle 6 (really stiff) shafts for a righty. I can still hit right handed, and take them out every now and then. They go much shorter because I don't swing that fast right handed, and can't properly load the shaft on the downswing. I also got a set of newer Cleveland CG Tour blades. Yes, they hurt the fingers on a full swing toe hit. Especially the 3 iron. The blades are used as a training tool for better ball striking. They are hard to hit and require a lot of work to get any distance out of them. They have been teaching me how to hit better because of that unforgiving nature. What is great about them is that the distance is more consistent from shot to shot. Once I get more serious about scoring, I plan to migrate back to a good CB club.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!