IGNORED

Imrove your Putting with Three Protectors

Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Patrick57

Ha Ha!

I have an experiment for you. Not counting your putts, its too off-putting, count your playing partners misses and you will see the misses are more often left and do fall in the 80-90% bracket. (right handers)

Everyone says I don't miss so many to the left but the law of averages because of the mechanics and design of the putter are heavily swayed for misses to the left.

drugs are bad mmmmmkay

In my own scientific experiment with my normal group - its pretty even with misses either left, right, short or long.

Your numbers would be a tiny bit closer to right if everyone always putted with the down hill slant to the left of the hole. Otherwise, get off of the hippy lettuce and stop pretending to be an instructor.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you figiure?

Everyone says I don't miss so many to the left but the law of averages because of the mechanics and design of the putter are heavily swayed for misses to the left.

I think he is talking about the part where you said open the face P57 not the part about the toe.

Because of the 3 protectors. 1mm towards the toe can't be measured in degrees.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Originally Posted by iacas

Here's a figure: of all putts missed by golfers which reach the hole, 49.8% are to the left and 49.8% are to the right. 0.4% miss on both sides because they lip out and go around the cup partway! (Where's my cymbal and drums for the "ba-dump-bump?")

If we set up a robot with a balanced putter on a straight swinging line and ensured the face was always square to target on a straight putt then yes Eric this would probably be the stats. But we are talking about humans.  "ba-dump-bump"

How do you figiure?

Aha! So that's where the razor blade comes into the picture! Of course! I'm going to shave 1mm "open" my custom fitted putter that goes straight because now Patrick57's posts make so much sense! Oh my! You've GOT to write a book, Patrick57! With pictures! And more scientific statistics!

Originally Posted by meenman

drugs are bad mmmmmkay

In my own scientific experiment with my normal group - its pretty even with misses either left, right, short or long.

Your numbers would be a tiny bit closer to right if everyone always putted with the down hill slant to the left of the hole. Otherwise, get off of the hippy lettuce and stop pretending to be an instructor.

Your objections have substance because you have studied this or you think putting is similar to tossing a coin. Most female golfers will leave putts over 30' short on average 80-90% of the time. Male golfers slightly less.

I don't have to pretend! How did you know I liked the blow!

Originally Posted by kurisu

Don't you just love when people say they conducted a scientific experiment? (referring to our genius Patrick57 here)

I didn't mention scientific experiments.

How did you know I was a genius?

Aha! So that's where the razor blade comes into the picture! Of course! I'm going to shave 1mm "open" my custom fitted putter that goes straight because now Patrick57's posts make so much sense! Oh my! You've GOT to write a book, Patrick57! With pictures! And more scientific statistics!

Kurisu, please call me Patrick and I have written a book, unfortunately without pictures but my descriptions don't need them..

• Administrator

Your stats are laughable, P57.

Watch a PGA Tour event. Tell me how many putts miss left there. If it's > 80% for every putt shown hit by right-handed golfers over the course of a four-day PGA Tour event, I'll make you a moderator. If it's 80% or less, you leave for good.

You must record every putt so that we can fact check your data, but frankly I already know the results.

Is it a bet?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ah! So Patrick, you admit your studies and statistics have no scientific value whatsoever. Good, that's a start. Now, as the genius you are, I expect you also admit you pulled (pun intended) your statistics out of thin air (trying to stay polite) and that you don't know the difference between units of length and degrees.

Originally Posted by iacas

Your stats are laughable, P57.

Watch a PGA Tour event. Tell me how many putts miss left there. If it's > 80% for every putt shown hit by right-handed golfers over the course of a four-day PGA Tour event, I'll make you a moderator. If it's 80% or less, you leave for good.

You must record every putt so that we can fact check your data, but frankly I already know the results.

Is it a bet?

How can you check this. I would love to give it a go. I did make one error though. I am talking about putts inside 10 feet.

P.S. You would miss me if I was gone.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm not doubting the OCD thing.

And, I am entertaining the idea that there are other "things" with which you wrestle.

That you make unproven universal statements about putts missing left based on nothing more than your observations...and "years of study"...and having "worked in depth with this"...all leads me to believe that you do not suffer from a lack of confidence which can be good for golf, but annoying as he** in a forum like this.

Give me a figure for misses to the left? 50% 60% 70%

I have worked in depth with this. Its a sort of OCD thing.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Ah! So Patrick, you admit your studies and statistics have no scientific value whatsoever. Good, that's a start. Now, as the genius you are, I expect you also admit you pulled (pun intended) your statistics out of thin air (trying to stay polite) and that you don't know the difference between units of length and degrees.

I know a millimetre is a tad over a scliff and 1/10 of a degree is the angle of your logic. LoL

There is a name for people like P57 in the world of Internet forums. I have not seen it thrown around on this site so I would personally like to congratulate P57 for being TST's first...TROLL

[b]My Bag[/b] 1 Burgeoning mental game

• Administrator

1) I am genuinely serious about this thread

2) Can we get back on topic

The topic is absurd. So I think we're pretty much on topic as it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Apotheosis

There is a name for people like P57 in the world of Internet forums. I have not seen it thrown around on this site so I would personally like to congratulate P57 for being TST's first...TROLL

Its been said already, I have forgotten what it means though. Can we get back on topic?

Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!