IGNORED

Iphone GPS apps: Golfshot vs Golflogix

Note: This thread is 3581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Golfshot or Golflogix?

• Golfshot
    • Golflogix

I have the golfshot gps app on the iPhone. It is great and I highly recommend it. The only thing better that I've seen is the iPad version ( which transferred over without additional purchase). With previous versions I had a few issues with it but now--besides the major drain on the battery (more than 50% per round)--I have no complaints. ( this is my first post, it's not a fake... I had to start somewhere!)

Originally Posted by Jonnyy8699

But does golflogix crash on the iphone? And what features would make you want to use golflogix more if it didn't crash?

I dont know. I dont have an iPhone so I can not tell you that. The things I like in Golflogix are the scoring.  I just think it is eaier than golfshots. Clicking one button to select score instead of the slider to select the score is easier to me.And then clicking save and waiting for it to save is annoying. On iphone, both Goldshots and Golflogix have club distances and club selection, but on the Driod Golfshots does not have it. They gave minor updates, but not the same as iPhone. On the new Golflogix, everytime I try to track my distance, the app crashes so I have learned not do even try.

I got GolfLogix based on feedback from friends who have it. After experiencing it on their phones, I went and got it for my iPhone. Haven't used Golfshot but don't see a reason to based on what I've seen from GolfLogix. It's easy to use, graphics are accurate and as mentioned here previously the scoring is quick and simple.

The video flyover is cool but my favorite GolfLogix feature was tracking my club distances and seeing the averages displayed on the graphics. I could then determine which club was safe off the tee and which to hit on approaches, given the pin position and trouble areas.

Was pleasantly surprised that, by using the screen lock throughout the round, only about 30% of my battery was used. I'm also interested to see what this Golf Digest button will bring to the app when it’s ready.

Overall, would recommend GolfLogix to anyone.

Originally Posted by Desert Glory

I got GolfLogix based on feedback from friends who have it. After experiencing it on their phones, I went and got it for my iPhone. Haven't used Golfshot but don't see a reason to based on what I've seen from GolfLogix. It's easy to use, graphics are accurate and as mentioned here previously the scoring is quick and simple.

The video flyover is cool but my favorite GolfLogix feature was tracking my club distances and seeing the averages displayed on the graphics. I could then determine which club was safe off the tee and which to hit on approaches, given the pin position and trouble areas.

Was pleasantly surprised that, by using the screen lock throughout the round, only about 30% of my battery was used. I'm also interested to see what this Golf Digest button will bring to the app when it’s ready.

Overall, would recommend GolfLogix to anyone.

If my Golflogix app on my Droid X didnt crash so much, I would totally agree with you. I hope they fix it soon so I can pick a side.

I have just upgraded to GolfShot GPS after using GolfShot Lite for about 6 months and really like it. I have never tried GolfLogix purely because I have never heard of it so cannot comment on how it works. As for GolfShot though, I find it faultless. It doesn't crash, works fast, saves club averages and is very easy to use. I also love the statistic tracking which is why I downloaded the Lite version in the first place. The main factor I imagine would be price, At £20 GolfShot is not cheap, but a lot cheaper than a rangefinder!

This is also my first post but is not fake! I just felt passionate about this topic to register!

Hi All,

I want to get a golf gps for my iphone 4, I am mostly looking for distances for all clubs in my bag so I can work out how far I hit the ball with each club on average, also distances to greens etc.  Statistics for the round etc.

I was looking at either golfshot or golflogix, would like to hear from anyone who has used both and can tell me how they compare

Thanks

Clarky

This thread is only a couple of posts down....There are several current threads that are active on the subject.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56708/iphone-gps-apps-golfshot-vs-golflogix

I use Golflogix on my Android phone, it has never crashed once.  I also stopped using oobgolf to track my scores as they won't update their scorecard to reflect the actual pars for the entire front nine of my local course, they only list the back nine.  I had the same probem with Golflogix at first, except it was the back nine that was missing.  They updated the course info right away by creating a seperate back nine, and replied to my emails very quickly.  Their online system still doesn't combine nine hole rounds so they count towards your handicap, like the RCGA does here.  I had to manually re-enter my scores today through my phone so they count properly towards my HC.  Lol, it looks like I played four 18 hole rounds today, but only because of re-entering them through the phone, but now that I am caught up, it is no longer an issue.

Originally Posted by moparman426

I also stopped using oobgolf to track my scores as they won't update their scorecard to reflect the actual pars for the entire front nine of my local course, they only list the back nine.

I take this back.  oobgolf contacted me today and requested a score card scan.  They straightened out the course pars, ratings, slopes, and handicapping.  Kudos oobgolf, my apologies.

I realize the thread is geared for the iphone, but I gotta vent about the Android version anyway. My feeling is that they ruined golflogix with the new "features":

1) I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when you are using the club tracking, the distance it shows when you save the shot is not the same as what you see after you finished the round. I find that now the distances are about 20 yards shorter (on drives) than what it said when you are standing over the ball saving it.

2) I don't know how many times I have had to re-enter my equipment into the software. Whenever it "syncs" between the phone and website they get messed up. Either the Manufacturer disappears or what you have nicknamed the club disappears.

3) Mystery equipment, particularly balls, start showing up as being in my bag which I've never entered. The ones I did enter disappear

4) Good luck if you get new clubs and want to save your stats from the old ones. You can combine the new and old yardages, but it is close to impossible to have separate yardages.

5) It continuously crashes and locks up the phone (HTC Incredible). You know how long it takes to pull the battery out and reboot the phone? Way too long when you are playing on a busy course.

The version they had last year was terrific. Everything about it worked great. Now, with the new version almost nothing works right. Oh wait, the flybys work ok.

Just a side note Golfshot for Android does not track club distances currently, even with the paid version. I contacted them and they told me that they expect that to be added in early summer. I hope so, because I really want that feature and right now there is nothing that works properly.

I don't have any of those issues, but I am (was) using the free version of Golflogix, so no club tracking for me.  All I really needed it for was the GPS.  My phone is the HTC Sensation 4G.  Even after their latest update that was supposed to improve battery life, the phone needs to be on the charger as soon as you're finished 18 holes.  I have recently gone back to the oobgolf app, as they have also just recently GPS mapped my local course and fixed the scorecard.  Golfshots also just finished GPS mapping my local, so I may give that a try as well.

Ugh I get so mad at myself seeing golflogix finally implementing features that I thought of 4 years ago. Maybe if I weren't so lazy. Hopefully I'll finish mine soon :( I promise it will be better than all the current ones, I just need to finish it lol.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
i downloaded golflogix app and the sonocaddie 2 app from the play store. I have paid for both apps so i have all the features of both. I have to say that both are really really good. Sonocaddie is pretty basic for features but it gives u back center front greens locations as well as distance to all the hazards. It uses both google maps as well as a video game like layout(wgich is the best way).to illistrate the hole. It has a score card to track your score and putts.also the battery usagewas pretty small as long as you keep the screen off between shots. The golflogix does all the same things plus more. It allows to to track how far tou hit each club and way way more detailed score card. Golflogix is the better app by far if you like features sonocaddie is great for its simplicity. Let me know what you end up using. I highly highly recommend either of these apps

I use Golfshot. I just emailed them a feature request and they say it's coming soon: live leaderboard. See what your friends are shooting in real time.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

I tested out a lot of GPS apps and though some had better/more features than others on the Android platform, I'd have to say Golfshot is my favorite. My only gripe with Golfshot is, until 3.0 comes out for the Android platform, you can't track club yardages. When I emailed them about 3.0 for the Android platform they responded saying that it would be out "soon". That was about 3 months ago so hopefully it's nearing its release since I have been out due to an injury. Once 3.0 hits the market, in my humble opinion, it will be the top GPS app on the market.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

• 3 weeks later...

Played a round of golf with partner who had golf shot and I had golf logix.  Only difference I found was that golf logix had an annual fee while golf shot was a one time only fee.  Otherwise  both were equal

I ended up going with golfshot for my iPhone 4 and I think it's great. Highly recommend it. The yardages are accurate and has great features for tracking your play. I preferred the interface to golf logix but from what I hear both applications would serve you well.

Note: This thread is 3581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!