IGNORED

Rocketballz face angle?

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't feel like "changing" the angle is changing anything.

If the clubhead is grounded and in a static position, you can loosen that screw and spin the shaft in either direction. The clubface is doing nothing while the shaft is spinning. Once the shaft is "adjusted", you are no longer gripping the shaft where you gripped it before the change was made.

The clubface never changes, only the shaft changes when you turn it a little left or a little right, and you never grip the shaft in the same place because there is no top side or bottom side to the shaft. It's just round.

• 2 months later...

I just got a Rocketballz driver. Got a stiff shaft and a 9.5° loft. I love the club. I was hitting a Ping G2 so this is a big step up. I had finally stopped slicing, and then I bought this driver and have played one round(the range was closed due to rains so I didn't get to try it out). I sliced it every time, but no more than 10-15 yards, and still hit 9/14 fairways. I am going to adjust the face closed just a bit and see if that helps.

With that said, even with my slight slice I think I was hitting the ball at least 10-15 yards farther than when I hit my G2 straight. The loft helps a lot too, since my other driver was a 10° and I was getting some really high shots.

This thread has helped, the instruction manual really isn't that clear about how to adjust the club but I think it's because the adjustments are much simpler than you expect.

Originally Posted by Lash

I just got a Rocketballz driver. Got a stiff shaft and a 9.5° loft. I love the club. I was hitting a Ping G2 so this is a big step up. I had finally stopped slicing, and then I bought this driver and have played one round(the range was closed due to rains so I didn't get to try it out). I sliced it every time, but no more than 10-15 yards, and still hit 9/14 fairways. I am going to adjust the face closed just a bit and see if that helps.

With that said, even with my slight slice I think I was hitting the ball at least 10-15 yards farther than when I hit my G2 straight. The loft helps a lot too, since my other driver was a 10° and I was getting some really high shots.

This thread has helped, the instruction manual really isn't that clear about how to adjust the club but I think it's because the adjustments are much simpler than you expect.

May be a stupid question, but what do you mean by adjust the face closed? Just manually changing your grip? I just bought the same club, 9.5 degree, stiff shaft, and as far as I know, the only adjustment you can make is to the loft. So to close the face you would need to add some loft. With that said, I took it to the range and adjusted it down to 8 degrees...and LOVED it.

EDIT: Whoops. Just read the thread, looks like this has been addressed. Disregard! :)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TGans

Gordo is right, the way the shaft in the RBZ is set up, raising the loft closes the face, and vise versa.

I believe this, but I still don't understand it.

I just adjusted mine during lunch and lined up with it. Sure enough, the face was closed, and I wasn't doing it on purpose. It looks weird now to make it look straight. I don't quite understand how it is closed and why I can't just turn the grip in my hands, but it does look closed at address. I'm excited to get to the range and hit it and see what that does for me.

• 2 months later...
i might as well join the masses and spring for a new rbz after reading some of these reviews, heck i was happy with my new speedline. lol

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!