IGNORED

What do you think happens with Bubba from here?

MacGregor9
Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't really put my finger on why but, I don't like Bubba at all.

Speaking for myself, I thought he lived up to his name by paying a ton of money for a stupid old car from a stupid old show.

Originally Posted by brocks

Speaking for myself, I thought he lived up to his name by paying a ton of money for a stupid old car from a stupid old show.

It's better than spending it on drugs and strippers.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by brocks

I agree it is a "stupid" car, but he clearly has the money to spend $100k on the quintessential redneck car and it does not harm anyone so the question is, why not?  There are thousands of people that wish they could own it (for a reason I cannot comprehend, but that is beside the point).

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I did not see Bubba winning The Masters - I was betting on Oosthuizen right up to the end.  I agree with the Phil Mickelson comparison in that Bubba can pull off some creative, bold and amazing shots but sometimes struggles to put four good rounds together.  When he's on, though, he can do just about anything.  I would bet that Bubba gets a bunch of top 10's, a win or 2 each year and 1 or 2 other majors.  I bet Oosthuizen gets one or 2 more as well.  I also agree with the comment made before that Bubba does better when coming from behind vs having the pressure of the lead all day.  Oosthuizen has shown he can handle the pressure pretty well.

I really don't see any more majors? I don't know why but I mean. Just one major doesn't account for an automatic (at least one or more). I see quite a few wins, and plenty of tops 10's. Just not sure about any more majors. The competition is getting tougher and tighter near the top!.

I can see Bubba getting maybe 1 or 2 more majors, he's really an all or nothing type.  I could see him getting maybe an Open championship, US Open is too penalizing and PGA is a toss-up (this year's venue could suit him though)

It's only going to make him better.I don't think he'll get on a Tiger like run,but I do think he will win a couple of more majors along with his share of Tour wins.I have grown to like him since he has mellowed out.

Originally Posted by iacas

One of three things will happen:

1) He'll sink back into obscurity, winning only occasionally.

2) He'll continue on the same pace he is now, winning some and losing some, and getting another major or two.

3) He'll rise up and win four or five majors, maybe six, and win an event or two each year on the PGA Tour for quite some time.

Point is who knows? My money's on the second but if I was actually betting it'd just be a dollar. :-)

I see one of these 3 things happening also, but I would bet more on 1, and only a dollar!  I'm not so sure he won't feel he has accomplished everything he ever dreamed and not really be into the winning.  I've heard a lot of his interviews and he commented that he had never dreamed this big before, so I worry that he might be content with one major and we really never see much of him again.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!