IGNORED

Your Nightmare Pro Am Pro: Who Is It?

Shorty

Who is the player that you'd prefer not to be teamed up with.

Give reasons if you'd like to.

Mine :

Zach Johnson - comes across as an arrogant and smug jerk. To me. And to friends who've seen him in the flesh.

When I've suggested that he might be particularly focused or "in the zone", I've been shouted down where these people say that he comes across as an grade A *****.

Just looking at the list of current players, I can't say that there are any others I'd want to avoid. They all seem like pretty decent chaps.

Not current, but it seems that Gary Player is an absolute nightmare to play a pro am with. Apparently he insists that people try putting crosshanded and all manner of things that he is currently obsessing over and they just don't enjoy the experience. It's clear that he's a control freak. You'll notice in interviews he only talks about what he wants to talk about. And....it's often worth listening to, BTW.

Now that's not to say that I don't value his contribution to the game or his record. I'm talking about pro ams

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Probably Charles Barkley I would kill my self having to watch that swing for 18 holes but It would be an eventful and funny round

The PGA tour player would probably be Spencer Levin I couldn't stand playing with him always fidgeting and smoking the whole round.

Originally Posted by namkrats

Probably Charles Barkley I would kill my self having to watch that swing for 18 holes but It would be an eventful and funny round

The PGA tour player would probably be Spencer Levin I couldn't stand playing with him always fidgeting and smoking the whole round.

Yes, I'd probably be avoiding a smoker, too.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Tiger.  Tiger doesnt seem like a very nice person (and Ive heard this from people who have actually played with Tiger) and I cant imagine him being any fun.  More recently, Id have to say Bubba Watson too.  He seems to have gotten quite arrogant since winning The Masters.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Tiger.  Tiger doesnt seem like a very nice person (and Ive heard this from people who have actually played with Tiger) and I cant imagine him being any fun.  More recently, Id have to say Bubba Watson too.  He seems to have gotten quite arrogant since winning The Masters.

?? He won it four days ago!

I would have to agree re Tiger, but it's hard to judge how pros would be in a pro-am based on their tournament mien. Some enjoy pro-ams others can't stand them but do them out of obligation.

Angel Cabrera strikes me as a guy that could be a snot in a pro-am.

Spencer Levin and Tiger Woods. Both seem like douches. And if I were a pro, I would probably hate pro ams...not much of a people person.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I'm guessing Rory Sabbatini, as I can't really think of anybody else.

Most of the guys I root against that I can think of, I would probably still enjoy playing with them for different reasons.  That includes Bubba Watson and Phil Mickelson.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Sergio Garcia.  I heard a pro-am partner in Europe tried to choke him one time.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Vijay Singh is the biggest A-Hole out there!!!! I would NEVER play with that guy.

I saw him at a practice round a few years ago, at The International at Castle Pines in Denver. They were playing skins, was on the first tee talking.

We overheard them, and there was a rookie guy (don't remember who it was) playing with Vijay and Chris DeMarco.

Vijay said something like "oh this guy is a nobody, I'm not playing skins with him"

A total complete jerk. And he NEVER signs autographs, even during practice rounds.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Blubba Watson. Can't stand him as a person or a golfer and the more crap I read about him at the moment (because he's flavour of the month) the more I dislike him. Pink-shafted, blubbering, brainless, arrogant idiot.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

LOL at the comment about Gary Player. I have all the respect in the world for his accomplishments but I always though he wouldn't be someone I would get along with.

As far as contemporaries go there isn't anyone I would not play a pro-am with but John Daly might be my last pick. I admire his talent but all the non-professional antics this guy has pulled over the years in competitive rounds would be in the forefront of my mind. For all the demons he has/is fighting can be excused as part of the human condition but firing one ball after another into a lake or slapping a moving ball with your club "polo style" because he failed to clear the false front on a chip for the 4th time isn't something I have very much respect for. I would always wonder when he would just up and quit during the pro-am round.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Who is the player that you'd prefer not to be teamed up with.

Give reasons if you'd like to.

Mine :

Zach Johnson - comes across as an arrogant and smug jerk. To me. And to friends who've seen him in the flesh.

When I've suggested that he might be particularly focused or "in the zone", I've been shouted down where these people say that he comes across as an grade A *****.

Just looking at the list of current players, I can't say that there are any others I'd want to avoid. They all seem like pretty decent chaps.

Not current, but it seems that Gary Player is an absolute nightmare to play a pro am with. Apparently he insists that people try putting crosshanded and all manner of things that he is currently obsessing over and they just don't enjoy the experience. It's clear that he's a control freak. You'll notice in interviews he only talks about what he wants to talk about. And....it's often worth listening to, BTW.

Now that's not to say that I don't value his contribution to the game or his record. I'm talking about pro ams

Really? I don't think Zach comes off that way at all. Of course I don't know him though. Maybe he is a jerk.

I agree on Gary Player. While I respect him for what he's done for the game, he's very opinionated and seems to what everyone to conform to what he does. Not surprising that his son turned out the way he did. While his son (Wayne) isn't a "pro" in the general sense that we're talking about here, I would forfeit the money I paid to get into the pro-am if one of the guys in my group was Wayne Player.

Screen shot 2012-04-13 at 3.49.41 PM.png

http://iloveyougaryplayer.tumblr.com/

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by zipazoid

?? He won it four days ago!

I would have to agree re Tiger, but it's hard to judge how pros would be in a pro-am based on their tournament mien. Some enjoy pro-ams others can't stand them but do them out of obligation.

Angel Cabrera strikes me as a guy that could be a snot in a pro-am.

You stole my post!

my get up and go musta got up and went..

C'mon guys.  Gary Player is a good guy.  How can you not like a guy that took his green jacket home from Augusta and then refused to return it for awhile.  LOL!

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Oh, I forgot to pick my chop.

Robert Allenby.

Biggest jerk in golf and whiny with it.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon