IGNORED

Your Nightmare Pro Am Pro: Who Is It?

Shorty

Originally Posted by Domenic

Shit, I have to go to school pretty soon. And I have have to give a damn 15 minute tutorial on a 5 stroke roll. Spring break came too late and ended too soon.

You seem to have mistaken this for Twitter.....

Originally Posted by theduck

TIGER WOULD BE THE ONE I WOULD NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH AS HE DOES NOT COMMAND ANY RESPECT AS A PERSON.

I HAVE PLAYED WITH ZACK JOHNSON AND SPENT SOME TIME WITH VIJAY AND THOSE WHO COMMENTED NEGATIVELY ABOUT THEM ARE DEAD WRONG.

THE WORST I HAVE PERSONALLY PLAYED WITH SOME YEARS AGO WAS DON JANUARY.

THE BEST I HAVE PLAYED WITH INCLUDE JERRY PATE, BRENDT SNEDEKER, KENNY PERRY, NICK PRICE, LARRY MIZE AND PAUL AZINGER.

ROGER THAT!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Paradox

I'm playing in a pro-am on an immaculate course...I probably wouldn't care too much!

Agreed.  For me, getting a chance to play on a PGA course with a PGA player or two would be like winning the golf lottery.

So, complaining about who I got stuck with would be like complaining that my 1 mil jackpot came in $10 bills instead of $100's.

Surprised to hear that Shorty would choose Zach as a player NOT to be partnered with. While a bit staid, I've also seen inteviews where he'd be a good pro-am experience. Not surprised to see Vijay's name on here. But word I've heard is that while he may not be liked publicly, he's very well liked amongst Tour players. That may not translate to a 5 hour pro-am round.

My list of thanks and thanks, but no thanks:

Desired partners:

Graeme McDowell

Keegan Bradley

Justin Rose

Hunter Mahan

Paul Goydos

Fred Couples

No thanks:

Sergio

Justin Leonard

Bernhard Langer (would be a 6 hour round)

Pat Perez

Rory Sabbatini

I have played with several of them on the Champions Tour.  I will list them either as a "tool" (aka jerk), or a "stud" (aka a great guy to hang out with for four hours):

Lee Trevino - stud

Mark O'Meara - tool

Mike Goodes - stud

David Eger - stud

Fuzzy Zoeller - stud (probably not a shocker there)

Tim Simpson - ok guy, just quiet

Bob Tway - 100% complete tool

The big surprise to me was Tway.  Ever since he won the PGA in '86 I was always kind of a fan and always assumed he was a great guy.  He is the biggest jerk you can imagine.  When we were done, he just walked off without saying a word to us and when my 10 year old son caught up to him after the round to ask if he would sign his glove, he rudely snatched the glove out of his hand, scribbled on it and shoved it back at him without even saying a word.

Originally Posted by colin007

tim herron

colt knost

carl petterson

see a pattern?

LOL, worried someone will try to steal your midround snacks?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm with you,not to fond of the way he carries himself

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I'm with you,not to fond of the way he carries himself and i would probably give him a kick in the ass and tell him to quit his whining lol

Originally Posted by Stretch

Oh, I forgot to pick my chop.

Robert Allenby.

Biggest jerk in golf and whiny with it.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I'm pretty sure you could add Bill Haas to the list as well.  I believe his major in college was Theology (or something related).

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Bubba

Zach

Webb

and bunch more, don't remember them all, but there's a pile of 'em.

Just for the record...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Originally Posted by showtime583

Go ahead and add Baddeley to the list....

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

HaHa!  I was giggling at my desk, and probably sounded stupid.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by Domenic

no one. A round of golf is a round of golf. With anyone, I don't mind. Especially not a pro. So HA! I just disrespected YOUR thred! *kicks Shorty in the shin and runs away*

Someone's personal beliefs would probably not be discussed or come up during a Pro Am. I can think of a lot of people who don't seem very fun based on their tournament play, but they might be different in a Pro Am. I mean, would Ben Crane or Padraig Harrington be that slow in a Pro Am? Would you risk being put on the clock?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My choice would easily be Steve Stricker (see avatar).  Everyone I have ever heard talk about him has nothing but nice things to say.  I'd also love to get some putting tips from him.

That being said, I agree with the others who wouldn't care who they are playing with.  Even if there (somehow) wasn't a tour pro in my foursome, I would find it hard to complain about being able to play a beautiful, name brand course that I probably would not otherwise be able to play (if it's private) when it's in the best condition possible.

• Administrator

Ian Poulter.

'Nuff said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Don't care which pro I get partnered with, but would like to avoid a grouping with The Donald.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Someone's personal beliefs would probably not be discussed or come up during a Pro Am. I can think of a lot of people who don't seem very fun based on their tournament play, but they might be different in a Pro Am. I mean, would Ben Crane or Padraig Harrington be that slow in a Pro Am? Would you risk being put on the clock?

Tough call.  Considering I know people that play slow as molasses when nothing is on the line, I'm inclined to say yes.

Originally Posted by uttexas

Don't care which pro I get partnered with, but would like to avoid a grouping with The Donald.

Another tough call for me.  While I have very little respect for the guy, I might find it amusing to be surrounded by him and his ego.  At least for one round.  He is one of my favorite people to watch make an a** of himself on TV, so I imagine I would enjoy it in person for a spell.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West