IGNORED

SwingByte and SwingByte 2 Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now.... There is some degree of validity with regards to a lot of comments posted here.

The SwingBytes device is a bit annoying as it has a hard time remaining both synced up and properly aligned on the club.

It is good for having a rough analysis of your swing plane and speed. I actually slowed down to see if it would follow my every move (it did). It does have a hard time maintaining sync via bluetooth.

I got it for 101 bucks off eBay. You get what you paid for methinks.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought to post something I wrote to the SwingByte folks... As an IT Guy and gadget lover, I believe this device has some potential.

Here is my note to the folks:

Hi Alex,

I have had SwingByte for about a month.

You need some work on your device, but I am going to put it away and give you a chance to tweak this device (it has very huge potential).

Point 1 - Mounting

Even with the mounting tabs, the device still moves on impact requiring calibration. It doesn't bother me as much as I get a chance to review my current swing, gather my swing thoughts, and prepare for the next swing.

Point 2 - Online data

I recently sent a note to your technical staff that my online swing data is not oriented for my side of the club (I am a lefty). This feature is useless to me and as an IT Executive I am stunned you guys did not QC this. Still it has great potential and you definitely need to work on this.

Point 3 - Useability

Right now, you are getting a silent whisper bad rap amongst those in the know. Whereas stats are pretty good to know for data junkies like me, the average joe needs a better understanding. I realize that the device and application isnt going to make us all PGA pros instantly, but I cannot stress enough what my customers in our industry tell us, "You want me to use something new in order to make my job easier? Then make damn sure you make it simple at first, and fill me in on the details later."

You have an awesome product that needs some fixing. I really think these oversights are related to speed to market and that tweaks are around the corner. Keep chopping wood.

Your thoughts community?

At the teaching center at my school we use a swingbyte, currently in the process of buying a used trackman. Most of the information is not correct or useful. Most people say the carry yardage is wrong but it seemed like that was my normal distance. I will use it more in the next couple days and report back here.

Originally Posted by tkahlm

At the teaching center at my school we use a swingbyte, currently in the process of buying a used trackman. Most of the information is not correct or useful. Most people say the carry yardage is wrong but it seemed like that was my normal distance. I will use it more in the next couple days and report back here.

Cool. I bought it for $102 bucks. Its relatively cheap, so my expectations are not that high. I bet that both the development of the software and the actual device is probably far less.

Loving my swingbyte since i bought it.  I personally dont mind keep readjusting the unit after each shot if need be.  its a darn site cheaper than buying a full blown launch monitor, and the stats its spits out are very usefull.  I'm not interested in face angles and all that personally, more angle of attack and the swing diagram, which shows me waht im doing wrong, the feedback is instant and i dont have to pay a pro £40/hour for a lesson.  I play off 4 so have a general idea of whats right and wrong, its just the fine tuning im looking for, for instance my driver swing speed is 110 mph and im only hitting the ball 230-250 yards, purely down to the fact that i have a 10 degree downward angle of attack - no good on a driver where i should be getting closer to 0 degrees or even a positive number.  Each swing with the feedback allows me to adjust and try to hit up.

Great product, and for someone wanting to understand their swing better a great tool

I think the device is useless.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having trouble with the link, but apparently flightscope and swingbyte are going to partner up. Could be interesting.

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

I take back my previous statement about yardage. I forget the exact number but another student at my school used it and he had a 113 MPH swing speed with a 5* launch angle, unfortunatly he doesnt remember AoA, but it was saying between 275-285 carry.

• 4 months later...

Anybody get theirs? How is it performing?

Golfsmith shows they are shipping and you get $20 off with the Memorial Day sale.  Unfortunately, I can't find a review of the thing anywhere.

Mine shipped yesterday so will report back when it arrives! Just wish I had an ipad so I could use it for the sync'd video recording. Have to wait a few months for the iphone app to be updated.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Mine shipped yesterday too.

I hope it still works with the old Android software until they update it.

Mine is on its way but has spent the last 3 days held up in Chinese customs! Maybe by end of next week.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Mine too...

I might give my SWB2 to an FBI friend of mine to make sure it aint doing nothing weird.

DHL is reporting its still in China...

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!