IGNORED

SwingByte and SwingByte 2 Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry for bringing up older post. Has everyone using the swingbyte updated the software for ITR usage? I just did so and found a substantial change in most of the categories. The 3d images and video swings obviously look the same, but the numbers for club face (open or closed to target, expected shot shape, shaft lean,etc.) are now in line with what I see on the course and with Track Man. My original opinion of the Swingbyte2 was luke warm, but I now say Im  very satisfied and impressed.

A final thought; after a few hundred swings, with driver through wedges, I have only had slippage problems after 3 swings.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I'm not too much into gadgets when it comes to golf, except for alignment sticks when I'm at a range. The best advice an instructor gave was "if your swing start correctly it will probably end correctly with little input from you. If your swing starts bad....", well, You know where I'm going with this, I'm sure. . In most cases there is a fine line between a good swing and a bad swing. "That's why one day your swing feels "way off". And the next day your swing feels "right on"...my instructor said to me before he moved. "Work on your basic fundamentals"
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Andrew Rice did a review of the newer version and according to him, the accuracy is no good for face and path compared to Trackman.

http://www.andrewricegolf.com/2013/06/swingbyte-vs-trackman/

I prefer using a high speed camera and noting where on the face the ball made contact with a dry erase or whatever.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

"Work on your basic fundamentals"

To shortcut that this can quickly go off-topic, please check out this thread: .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

With all do respect I disagree with Andrews assessment. When properly utilizing the ITR function the swingbyte holds up very well by comparison to Track Man The ITR ability just became available (post negative review) and it stands to reason if a person was not properly targeted with respect to the swingbyte, club face, and intended target that the individual would have "false" information. I stated such in my above post. The difference between with ITR and without is amazing.

With all do respect I disagree with Andrews assessment. When properly utilizing the ITR function the swingbyte holds up very well by comparison to Track Man

The ITR ability just became available (post negative review) and it stands to reason if a person was not properly targeted with respect to the swingbyte, club face, and intended target that the individual would have "false" information. I stated such in my above post. The difference between with ITR and without is amazing.

If that's true, then I'd take a serious look at trying it but I can't find any side by side demos against Flightscope/Trackman on YouTube. I'd be more convinced of its accuracy when someone takes a swing with Swingbyte attached and a Trackman/Flightscope device working at the same time and the numbers are similar, then I'd really be tempted to buy it. Swingbyte - do a side by side YT vid!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

waldo,

I'm running mine on the Droid OS so I don't have ITR yet, but it sounds like ITR will get these numbers closer to legitimate which is promising.  I tested it against Flightscope back in October, and it was off, way way off.

Its a shame the company used ITR as a selling point back in March, and they have yet to release the gold version of the 2.0 app (for Android).  I have the beta, and the video sync leaves a lot to be desired.  All you can do is play the entire swing, you can't stop it at 1/4, 1/2, etc.

You did say that you're seeing numbers that are in line with Trackman.  Are the numbers still based on Swingbyte's data capture points, or did they finally give in and give us numbers that are closer to Trackman and Flightscope?

You could do a lot with Swingbyte if its accurate, but I must say that a lot of their decisions have been head scratchers.

Sticks:

DR - TaylorMade R9 SuperTri

3W & 5W - Callaway Steelhead III

3H - Mizuno JPX EZ

4-PW - Mizuno MP-64's

GW & SW - Cleveland CG16's

Putter: Odyssey White Steel #2

I agree that the company should not have marketed and sold the product a year before it was ready. My iPhone ITR is (appears) to be the full version. I, and a couple of the local club pros, used it in comparison to trackman and found the results very close. Within +/- 3% of trackman. My iPad is still using the Beta version because that has not been fully updated/tested, as is the case for all the Android products. SO; if you have an IPhone your in business. My iPad numbers "seem" closer to accurate when compared to trackman but not as consistent, accurate, or as quickly processed as the iPhone ITR app. I video with the phone and let icloud move it to the iPad and that's no biggy. The question we all have is how do you market and sell it based on future expectations? It would appear they were more concerned with market shares then promise fulfillment. Having bitched that gripe, I am currently very pleased with how my swingbyte works with my iphone. I'd think when they fix the Android problems those users will also be pleased. Its not a trackman, but a comparable accuracy of +/- 3% is pretty darn good.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone use this?  Or another similar product?  Does it actually work as advertised?  I'm interested in seeing stats about my swing such as general path, club head angle (open or closed during swing), steepness or shallowness, etc.  I looked around the forums but couldn't really find anything.

Your thread will likely be merged with one of the following, but while you wait...

Using Swingbyte Information to Improve

Swingbyte 2 (With Pics)

Swingbyte data - Trying to understand numbers - Club Face to Path

Poor Man's Trackman - Swingbyte - What do you think?

Next time try the search function at the top of the page.

Edit* not trying to be an ass about it, just pointing out that there is a search function and it should always be used first before creating a new thread.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just got this, and I really like it.  It has really helped me already.  I like to know specifics.  Whenever I take lessons I ask a million specific questions about every aspect of the golf swing, and instructors usually don't give me the thorough answers I'm looking for.  But this thing gave me a very good picture of my swing and what I need to change, especially after comparing my swings to the pro swings they have online.

Yes it's not perfect, you have to adjust the alignment after most shots and they're working on the app still, but do you really expect anything in the world to work perfectly all the time?

If you're a patient, relaxed person, the little hitches won't bother you at all, overall I highly recommend this thing if you want to see your swing in detail and adjust accordingly.  One caveat is you should know what is generally considered "correct' and "incorrect" in order to adjust things successfully.

• 9 months later...

I just got the SwingByte 2. It is great for taking a look at your swing path. They need to improve the descriptions of some of the parameters but in general, it works pretty well. The iOS app is still buggy, they need work there. Otherwise, it is very useful for what I see so far.

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!