IGNORED

What golf companies do you like to support, and why?

Moonnerd
Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Topper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

None. I see and try a product, I like it based on its performance, not its name. My bag runs the gamut. No brand loyalty here. Actually, my bag has no name - I blacked it out - hate looking like an advert. Headcovers aren't branded either.

We said, although I don't go so far as to remove labels.  I just don't care enough to bother.

Your avatar is a PING.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Lots of excellent golf clubs out there, as I found circa 2009 when I switched from stiff to regular shafts.

As far as paying full price, I try to avoid this. Normally I buy clubs after the first price cut, or pick up gently used ones. A couple of lessons - followed by practice - normally does me more good than swapping golf clubs.

Also, unless we deal with factory reps, we're more likely to see the customer service at the golf shop/pro shop than at the OEM.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't go out of my way to buy a certain brand. I think each manufacturer has their own strengths and weaknesses, but I won't buy an inferior club just because of the label.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I go for price/performance.

I spent $400 on my Ci9's brand new. Why the hell would I spend $1000 on Pings or Titliest when there is little or no difference.

Don;t get me wrong, Ping and Titliest are great brands - but for me - there is absolutely no point in paying extra for them.

I play a driver form a company that went bankrupt. It cost me $70 brand new. If I bought an R11S brand new, it would cost me $400. Would I see a difference? Probably not, and if I did, it would be so minimal that spending the extra $300 would not be justified.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

My bag is a grab bag of used clubs I've collected over the years.  Once I've got my swing worked out, I plan on getting fit for Ping clubs through the bag.  I've owned two sets of irons previously, and I have a G2 driver and old Anser 4 putter in the bag currently.  The quality is great, but I think the most important factor for me is that the clubs - irons, wedges and putters anyway - are made in the good ol' U.S. of A.

My reasons aren't jingoistic, it's just that I have gotten a little sick of golf companies that have outsourced their manufacturing to China whining and moaning about their gear being counterfeited.  The way I see it, they're kind of like a guy who marries a girl that cheated on her previous fiance' with him... and then is surprised when he finds her in bed with another dude.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

My bag is a grab bag of used clubs I've collected over the years.  Once I've got my swing worked out, I plan on getting fit for Ping clubs through the bag.  I've owned two sets of irons previously, and I have a G2 driver and old Anser 4 putter in the bag currently.  The quality is great, but I think the most important factor for me is that the clubs - irons, wedges and putters anyway - are made in the good ol' U.S. of A.

My reasons aren't jingoistic, it's just that I have gotten a little sick of golf companies that have outsourced their manufacturing to China whining and moaning about their gear being counterfeited.  The way I see it, they're kind of like a guy who marries a girl that cheated on her previous fiance' with him... and then is surprised when he finds her in bed with another dude.

Made or assembled? My IKEA furniture is assembled in Alberta.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Made in China.

Assembled in the United States.

Point being they've outsourced manufacturing to a country that views intellectual property about the same way that the Taliban views women's rights, and they have the audacity to complain when fakes pop up.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "fakes" are actually being manufactured in the same facilities that the big name companies are using, and just being hauled out of the factory as "over-runs" and sold on the interwebs.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

Quote:

Made in China.

Assembled in the United States.

Point being they've outsourced manufacturing to a country that views intellectual property about the same way that the Taliban views women's rights, and they have the audacity to complain when fakes pop up.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "fakes" are actually being manufactured in the same facilities that the big name companies are using, and just being hauled out of the factory as "over-runs" and sold on the interwebs.

You're talking about PINGS, right?

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I spent $400 on my Ci9's brand new. Why the hell would I spend $1000 on Pings or Titliest when there is little or no difference.

Don;t get me wrong, Ping and Titliest are great brands - but for me - there is absolutely no point in paying extra for them.

I play a driver form a company that went bankrupt. It cost me $70 brand new. If I bought an R11S brand new, it would cost me $400. Would I see a difference? Probably not, and if I did, it would be so minimal that spending the extra $300 would not be justified.

You didn't see the commercials? You gain 17 more yards!!!!!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran123

You didn't see the commercials? You gain 17 more yards!!!!!

I gained 17+ yards when I replaced the two 3-woods* I was rotating with a 2009 Launcher with Red S shaft!! Yay Cleveland!!

* 1960s era Burke and MacGregor Eye-o-matic (old persimmons with original shafts).

I like Adams products - my Speedline 9064LS is the best driver I've hit, plus it was relatively cheap (more greens fees FTW).

Driver:  titleist.gif 910D2 (9.5*)

Fairway: taylormade.gifRocketballz 3W (15*)

Hybrid:  adams.gifV-Tech 3 (19*)

Irons: titleist.gifAP-1 (4-PW)

Sand Wedge:  titleist.gifVokey SM4 (56*, 14 bounce)

Lob Wedge: titleist.gif Vokey SM (60*, 7 bounce)

Putter:   odyssey.gif White Ice #1 (35 in.)

Ball: taylormade.gif Penta TP5

Bag: titleist.gifDeluxe Stand

You're talking about PINGS, right?

No... others.  Sorry.  From what I understand PING has a foundry outside of Phoenix.  The irons and wedges are definitely made in the USA.  I think the putters are.  Drivers and fairways may be made overseas... not sure.  You can tour the PING factory in Phoenix.

edit: Irons other than the ANSERS.

No... others.  Sorry.  From what I understand PING has a foundry outside of Phoenix.  The irons and wedges are definitely made in the USA.  I think the putters are.  Drivers and fairways may be made overseas... not sure.  You can tour the PING factory in Phoenix. edit: Irons other than the ANSERS.

I'm pretty sure with the i15/G15 lines they moved pretty much everything overseas.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I'm pretty sure with the i15/G15 lines they moved pretty much everything overseas.

I read an article that said that the factory tour no longer had the foundry on it because it had moved across town.

Quote:
Update 2012: When I took this tour, in 2008, there were club molding and club making processes here. Those processes no longer take place at this location. PING has a foundry in southwest Phoenix that does make heads and monitors the molding process, but obviously that is no longer part of the tour.

Bought a used Cleveland HiBore for $40 at a Florida outlet store a few years back when I was on vacation.  Bought a newer Cleveland HiBore XLS two years ago for $75 brand new - end of season sale at golfsmith. Love they way they felt, and I was able to get them at a very good price so I will look to them first in the future for drivers at least because of the great experience I've had with two of them already.  I'll still shop around though.

Have Nike irons/wedges because the price was right at the time I was looking and the clubs felt pretty good.  Not as much loyalty there, although I plan on having those clubs for a loooong time because I'm poor and cant afford new golf clubs every season.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Tend to support smaller and local companies--hence all the Adams gear in my bag (I know, they just got gobbled up by a giant). I'm also a sucker for a good deal, resulting in my recent purchase of a Callaway 56 degree JAWS sand wedge--it has like 14 degrees of bounce. If the price is right, I have no brand loyalty. The exception is the golf ball--I just really like the TP Black, which is more and more difficult to find these days, so I'm buying them wherever I see them. Suppose I'll be wearing my TRUE Tours until they fall apart, then I'll buy another pair.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by skates

I will stick with Mizuno irons until the day I stop playing golf. Top notch irons and I just love the feel dont think I will ever not play mizunos. But the rest of the bag I just go for whatever is working. I will switch out drivers a decent amount of time just to try and find one I have the most confidence in.

I was just about to reply that I have no brand loyalty.  I do club testing and may the winner present itself until your comment.  I have to admit that forged Mizuno irons are fantastic and I may always play Mizuno....it's just a matter of deciding between models..LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

The only product that I buy based on the company's values are the Winn Hero grip.  As a disabled veteran from OIF, I give a lot of money to The Wounded Warrior Foundation, and Winn's contributions (no matter how much they are) from the sales of the Hero to Soldiers First is just another way for me to give back to my fellow wounded Soldiers.  I wish Wounded Warriors and Soldiers First was around in 2003 when I was wounded.  They have taken good care of a couple friends of mine who were wounded in combat.  Soldiers First built him 2 handicap ramps before he was released from Walter Reed and made his house more wheelchair friendly so that he could come back home with as few problems adjusting as possible.

Great charities, and the fact that Winn contributes to them makes them a winner in my book.

I also support Butch Harmon and Feherty's foundations to support wounded Soldiers, but they're not offering a product, just a service to our veterans.

Thanks brother for your service.......  I'm a veteran of the services too. (non combat)........ Thank you!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!