IGNORED

What golf companies do you like to support, and why?

Moonnerd
Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by user9800

I am a Ping fan. I play all ping clubs except for my putter.

Does anyone see the irony?  LOL.....that is funny user9800!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

LOL, I knew someone would bring that up. I play the clubs that work best for me, and the Sabertooth putter just suits me. I always threaten my putter to replace it with a new one, but I cant find one that works as well for me.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

Titleist.  From their balls to their irons.  Not the woods or Driver though.

Tried playing some TaylorMade Irons and had terrible results.  Quickly went back to my 735 CM Titleist irons.  Much more feel and great response  on both good and bad shots.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by jamo

I'm pretty sure with the i15/G15 lines they moved pretty much everything overseas.

You're right.  I went to Edwin Watts and picked up an I20 4 iron and it said "Head Made in China", "Shaft Made in USA" and "Assembled in USA".

I guess by "foundry", they mean "the place where we un-crate the crap from China".  Disappointing.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wishon for clubs. I'm a believer in the merits of custom fitting, so the ethos of the company appeals to me. Their designs are technically sound, clean-looking* and they perform well. They also stick with good stuff and don't flip it out just to have something "new and improved" to sell. My irons and driver are both 5+ year old designs that are still in the current line. Customer service is outstanding.

(* OK, the SGIs look like ... SGIs. But they keep the classics classic. I just need to get rid of the little bit of gold fill on these and they'll be fully OCD approved. )

IMG_1420.jpg

Srixon for balls. Seems like they have good tech. Plus I bought about 20 dozen Z-Stars when they were on deep discount at the end of the last product year.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Wishon for clubs. I'm a believer in the merits of custom fitting, so the ethos of the company appeals to me. Their designs are technically sound, clean-looking* and they perform well. They also stick with good stuff and don't flip it out just to have something "new and improved" to sell. My irons and driver are both 5+ year old designs that are still in the current line. Customer service is outstanding.

(* OK, the SGIs look like ... SGIs. But they keep the classics classic. I just need to get rid of the little bit of gold fill on these and they'll be fully OCD approved. )

Srixon for balls. Seems like they have good tech. Plus I bought about 20 dozen Z-Stars when they were on deep discount at the end of the last product year.

Those look like Clevelands (which look like . . . ). I support Cleveland because they did get their start making equipment as an homage to classic clubs from the past. Sort of a players knock company that turned into a real golf equipment company. Wishon stuff always looks good but it rarely shows up on ebay and even then it would have been custom fit for someone else, so alas, I'll likely never own it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Lately Ive kind of gotten into Nike stuff.  For a long time I was a Nike hater but lately Ive decided to give them a shot and they really do make good stuff.  The fact is that they have some of the best people in the golf industry working for them (Tom Stites for example).

I guess Ive come to realize that while Japan may make some of the best cars in the world, maybe that doesnt mean they make the best of everything.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Callaway... I've played Callaway X-Tour irons now for years and I love them. I also really love what they're doing with their golf balls and the HEX dimple patterns. Love the feel of their HEX tour balls and have for the past 2 or 3 years. I just tried the HEX Black Tour my last time out and it was the best feeling ball I've ever played.

I play an original Nike Sasquatch Driver however, and it's a great club for me... Generally long and straight off the tee. I'd love to try out some of the new drivers tho, maybe a newer Nike SQ and especially Callaway's RAZR/RAZR FIT, or the Taylormade RBZ. I've tried them on an indoor simulator, liked the feel of them, but was unsure of the actual distance/trajectory and general ball-flight I was getting. Would like to try them on the range...

All the top brands are great really, it's just all about finding the products that feel right for you. I tend to gravitate towards Callaway tho.

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

Maltby/Golfworks- I love makign my own clubs and the Maltby TE's are the best clubs I've hit thus far.

Callaway-classy company, and the first name in golf I learned

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

I like PING, they are a class act. Just put a set of i 20's, yellow + 1/2" in the bag. Awesome clubs. They hit like a cavity and play like a blade.

I will never get a fitting from Surestix Golf in Oak Brook, Illinois. First time in my life I payed full price for golf equipment and I got ripped off in a bad way. Worst junk I've ever put in my bag. Lesson learned and back to my roots of sticking with local companies like Tour Edge (Exotics) or Wilson. I've always been treated right by those guys. I'm also becoming a big fan of Miura because of their "baby blades". They look sooooo nice.

I have lots of loyalty towards Mizuno only because their clubs feel so darn good.  My first set of irons were the old Hogan edges, followed soon after by the Mizuno Trues.. I have had nothing but Mizunos since then except for a short flirtation/trial of Ping Anser irons.  Nothing feels the same to me as the Mizuno irons.  I am now set in my ways and have admitted it to myself..

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

No loyalty here except for Scotty Cameron putters, which I collect. I switch equipment every year.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

mizuno irons in all calibers, callaway woods, titleist wedges, odyssey putter, pro v ball. the only thing I will never buy is Nike.  I think all their stuff is junk but thats just me.  Had sevaral pairs of $120+shoes that wouldnt stay together and then they lost me as a customer. When i see Nike clubs I think cheap made in china tennis shoes. lol

Mizuno for me.  The only time I will ever pay full price is if I get great service in a smaller chain or independent golf shop.  I have never liked the larger shops, it reminds me car shopping.

Callaway.....   Their clubs work the best for me and after making a purchase or two through both the main site and the Pre-owned site, their customer service sold me on them.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!