IGNORED

What golf companies do you like to support, and why?

Moonnerd
Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still using my set of 2001 Ben Hogan Apex Edge graphite shafted clubs

I finally bought one mint Apex 50 blade with a stiff steel shaft from 2004 a few weeks ago. It is really beautiful. Interestingly I have am able to hit it, too. That made appetite for more, so I bought a set of 1988 Apex Red Lines which should arrive every minute. 60 bucks for a good condition are worth a try, me thinks.

Yes, I am currently in love with the Ben Hogan brand. Since the name points to a great golfer I am happy advertise it.

My only real preference is for Titleist balls.  I am a bit provincial in that they are made in Massachusetts and I like supporting local business and would like to have them keep making them here.  Also, I found out last year that one of my high school class mates works there.  I do like Titleist woods and wedges and love Mizuno irons.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

MacGregor for many years from 1978 - 2010. For me they died in 2010, but I still play my MacGregor MT driver from 2008.

I've also owned/support Titleist(Wedges, Irons, Balls), Callaway(Fairway Woods, Balls), Taylormade(Drivers, Balls), Adams(Irons, Hybrids), Mizuno(Irons).

If I were going to reload my bag completely today it would look something like this:

Driver/Woods - Titleist D3

Hybrids - Adams Pro

Irons - Titleist MB712, or Mizuno MP-69

Wedges - Titleist Vokey

Putter - Scotty Cameron

Ball - Callaway Black

which is basically no change in my current bag other than my Driver/3wood and Irons.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Our club pro fits Nakashima, Wishon, and Henry-Griffitts clubs on site at the club.  Since the major OEMs switched from green grass pro shop sales to Golf Galaxie and Dick's Sporting Goods, I can't help but think that they're making "store clubs" similar to the Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge, MacGregor Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear, and H&B; Louisville Grand Slam of days long gone by.  Manufactured at a volume to stock these big chains and others, they can't possible be the same quality clubs that used to be sold in pro shops only back in the day.

Another thing about the aforementioned brands fitted at our club: they eschew the garish textures and graphics that the major OEMs presently employ to make golf clubs look like licensed Star Wars toys.  Still, few of the male members patronize the pro shop for anything but apparel.  I'm an exception, but it's mostly young women that I seem to see getting fitted there.

Taylormade RocketBallz.....13° tour spoon;  Ping G15.....17° fairway wood;  Callaway RAZR X Blk.....24° fairway wood;

Epon AF-901....19° driving iron;  Wishon 870Ti....5-8 irons (1° weak), 9-iron (2° weak); Nakashima SuperSpin.....52, 58, 64° wedges;

Lovett Tour Standard.....sand iron; Louisville HB.....putter.

I like Titleist balls, ProV1's to be exact.  I have the most confidence when playing those balls.  The only other loyalty I have is to my Odyssey putter.  Other than that no brand loyalty for me...he11, I still play the same driver I've had for 8 years (Integra head, Grafalloy shaft) because I can hit it as good as any other I've tried since...I refuse to change equipment just to say I have the latest and greatest unless it will improve my game.

If it is fit for YOUR swing, it doesn't matter what it says on it.

overall, I think most golf companies are ruining the game. it's all about money. the majority of game improvement should come from you not your equipment. use proper equipment, yes, but if you can buy 17 extra yards and your friend can buy 17 extra yards, what's the point? where does it end? what if everyone could drive the ball 400 yards? how fun or challenging would the game be then? all we are doing is running up the tab on ourselves. we are making ourselves pay more money when we don't have to. for the most part, we are pricing ourselves right out of the game.

• Upvote 1

Callaway/Odyssey and Bridgestone. They give me free stuff! :) I really do like the Callaway line of clubs. Bridgestone balls are crazy good too. Nike clothes and shoes and great. Comfortable and good fit.

If I had to pay for equipment. I think my bag would be Ping S58 irons. Callaway drivers, fwy woods and hybrids and Bridgestone balls.

I really don't care for TaylorMade. Although they seem to make a quality product, I feel as though they've over marketed themselves. Throwing equipment at anyone who comes along.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ping irons and Odyssey (Teron) putter for me. Have used different woods and weges but just love Ping irons. Have just updated to the i20's and love them already. Ping customer service is second to none.

Wilson Staff ... best golf commercials.

seriously ?

SERIOUSLY !

LOL

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Ive always been a Nike guy since I was growing up, so in all my other athletic stuff it was always nike nike nike, then when i got into golf i had the typical starter set (golf kids america? somethin like that) and when I got my first real set of irons it was straight to nike, didnt try anything else. My Drivers and woods were cleveland tho, was always very happy with my clevelands, well lately I've been shopping for new irons (upgraded the driver to the Nike VR STR8-FIT Driver, and SQ2 fairway wood) and have really taken a liking to the taylormade R11s, and really want to try some Pings after hearing and reading a TON of good things on here. Soo..I guess my first choice is ALWAYS Nike, but I'm willing to try out anything

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

I've always been one to go a different route than the norm, so I'm partial to components.  The Wishon driver and fairway clubs are by far the best I've ever tried.  I play Maltby hybrids and irons, but will be building a set of Wishon 752TC irons this fall.  It's kind of cool to be able to call the designer himself and have a conversation over the phone, or even in person.

As for the ball, Titleist DT Solo has been real good to me, and isn't outrageously priced.

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Okay, this will definitely sound stupid, but how do you try out clubs before buying them???

Go to any of the big box retailers - and they have demo clubs.  Also when you go to the driving range - or even the golf course... Just ask the guys behind the counter what demo clubs they have.  They may not have them out, but most likely they have clubs you can try before you buy.

Nike. because they have ran my entire life, lol.

Sneakers, basketball, snowboarding, softball, golf. If its sports or athletics my whole house is Nike. Thats said.

With that said, i am also a big fan of srixon, bridgestone(balls), and cleveland (wedges and putters), taylor made woods/hybrids I'm giving a chance now. I like the look of them, lets see if i can hit them.

Primary Bag  | PING G410+ 9deg | Titleist 917F 16.5deg | TM rescue hybrid 18deg | King Cobra Black Utility 21deg | TM P790 5-AW Recoil shafts | TM MG2 54/58 Wedges | TM Spider X putter 

Ping.  When I turned twelve and was playing junior high golf, I just had to have a Ping Anser 2i putter as the insert was the coolest thing ever...you could SEE the word Ping behind it!

Grandpa picked one up for me, and it has never left the bag, despite how many Scotty's I have owned in the meantime.

Their contributions to the Wounded Warrior project stands for something as well.

Ogio Nexos Black on Black

Taylormade TP R9 Superdeep, 9.5, Aldila RIP A70X

Bridgestone J38 15, Motore F1 75S

Mizuno Masters Tournament Blades

Mizuno MP-T10 60.08

Ping Anser 2i

When it comes to clubs, its Adams Golf for me. I love the look and feel of the majority of their products. With the exception of the putter, my whole bag is Adams, my back up bag...yup, Adams again. However, I am not a Taylor Made fan, so with their acquisition of Adams, only time will tell if I stick with them. When it comes to golf balls, I prefer Srixon. I love their Z-star XVs in the warmer seasons, and the Q-Stars in the colder seasons. Although, Bridgestone is growing on me as well. For Shoes, it has become True Linkswear. By far the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever tried on. The rest of the equipment/apparel, I don't have a preference for specific brands. I'll buy/use what I like.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!