IGNORED

2012 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After[COLOR=FF00AA] 8 holes[/COLOR] of the Valero Texas Open, John Huh was [COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]9 over par[/COLOR][/COLOR]. After three rounds he is 4 under and only five shots off the lead at time of writing - 13 under par without a bogey for the last 46 holes is a gutsy performance.
  • Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Extremely impressive. I haven't seen him in action yet, but I hear he is one for the future if not the present.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

This is just another course where tour stragglers needing a win to ensure they keep their card for another two years and have better chances to win against a lack luster field. Fortunately the up and comers like Huh can make it not so easy for these guys.Take Robert Allenby trying to win the Mayakoba Golf Classic for example.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw this.  You could barely see the ball.  The rules official let him uncover it but not remove it, so he could identify it, then he had to brush sand back over the ball.  It ended up worse than when he started. He almost made it in from the sand after taking the unplayable.

Originally Posted by camper6

Watching the television broadcast today.

Player with ball deep in bunker sand.  Could not see the ball.  Had to uncover it to get a shot at it.

The announcer stated the player had to identify his ball.  Since when in a bunker?

The ball was so deep the player elected to take a one shot penalty and drop in the bunker again.

Anyone else see this?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by Shorty

After 8 holes of the Valero Texas Open, John Huh was 9 over par.

After three rounds he is 4 under and only five shots off the lead at time of writing - 13 under par without a bogey for the last 46 holes is a gutsy performance.

Seems like he's been in contention in every tournament he's played this year.  Great season!

Can't believe Every missed that birdie putt on 16!

Nice par save by Huh. Rooting for Johnny Question Mark!! Go Huh!

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Ben Curtis. Man, I would not have guessed that one.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Shorty

After 8 holes of the Valero Texas Open, John Huh was 9 over par.

After three rounds he is 4 under and only five shots off the lead at time of writing - 13 under par without a bogey for the last 46 holes is a gutsy performance.

I checked in on him when I woke up Thursday to see he didn't have a single par on his opening nine. I was pretty sad to see what had happened. But man oh man did he turn this tournament around! HUH!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

I checked in on him when I woke up Thursday to see he didn't have a single par on his opening nine. I was pretty sad to see what had happened. But man oh man did he turn this tournament around! HUH!

What would have been the odds of him making the cut after 9 holes, let alone anything else?Great player.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I wasn't paying attention but someone just threw a tantrum and broke their putter in 2.

LOL at Scott Piercy and his volcanic temper.  Pat Perez may have a challenger for worst composure on tour.  It's rare that you see a tour player let a bad shot completely take over their game, to the point where they just flail at the ball like a hacker.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

LOL at Scott Piercy and his volcanic temper.  Pat Perez may have a challenger for worst composure on tour.  It's rare that you see a tour player let a bad shot completely take over their game, to the point where they just flail at the ball like a hacker.

That was pretty awkward to watch...  He just rushed three straight shots and blew up a great tournament.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Definitely shocking to see a pro in contention meltdown and angrily throw away shots like that. I could look it up, but I wonder how much each of those shots were worth.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

The 18th hole cost him about $160K.  5 under would have put him into a tie for 4th.  His 1 under finish dropped him into a tie for 18th.  Each one of those poor shots cost him about $40K.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Note: This thread is 4380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!