• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 156.  Played 18 holes at a local-to-me course that I'm growing to really like.  Highlights include three threes on the scorecard and a really good recovery shot -- I was in the trees on hole 15, I had to keep my shot under the trees and go 100 yards, and there was a bunker about halfway between me and the green, so I couldn't roll it, but I also couldn't hit it high because of the trees.  I made a near-GIR with that shot and got up and down for par.  Down in three from about 100 yards out and in the trees was great   
    • Glove under the right arm drill.  Help with overswing and staying connected.       
    • I lost more golf balls at LLB than I did the previous 4 days combined. 😉 I agree. Visually appealing, but from a golfing perspective, kind of boring.   
    • I'm taking way too long to write up my thoughts on the courses, but in the meantime… I'm going to focus on this stuff about LLB… FWIW Lawsonia is like $65 or something, while LLB was $100 to $125. I think everyone else who went would vote 8-0 the opposite way. LLB is absolutely a target golf course. There's really very little thinking to go around. Where you hit it should be pretty obvious on most every tee, and you're often punished for a miss. It has nowhere near the "areas to miss" as Lawsonia. I mean, are you sure you didn't confuse the two courses, Colin? 🙂 Yeah, I just… I don't know what to say to that. But I did have a bit of a theory I wanted to run by you… Could it be that Lawsonia's "fescue" areas were a lot like CA desert areas, and you've never really played much "parkland" golf courses like LLB tends to be (trees, deep bunkers, etc.)? So maybe you liked LLB more because it's unlike anything you've ever really seen, while those of us from PA, etc. are used to parkland golf courses. LLB is not architecturally all that interesting, IMO. Agree to disagree it's "important" at all. Especially since four of us walked. Every ball there is going to end up in like three places. We have different definitions of "target golf," man. All par threes tend to be "target golf." You're hitting the green. But, I'm curious about how much you liked LLB because of the possible "difference" from the courses you play a lot now.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. amgolfer
      amgolfer
      (37 years old)
    2. At least 7 handi-andy
      At least 7 handi-andy
      (30 years old)
    3. MSDOGS1976
      MSDOGS1976
      (67 years old)
    4. Rob Lane
      Rob Lane
      (62 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...