IGNORED

Why do resort courses get a bad rap?

Note: This thread is 4070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Around here it is price and price alone that maybe hurts Resort Courses.  The resort courses in general take advantage of the vacationing (read snow birds) public from the (Wintertime) frozen areas of the US and Canada and charge a wad of $$ for green fees Nov-April.  But there certainly nothing wrong with this and most of the courses are very good and few are outstanding.  If you're only here a week I guess the green fees don't bother you.  Most of us 99% folks that live here play these courses when the temps are 100+ and pay $30 (and up) in green fees.  but just to repeat there is nothing wrong with the courses and some are outstanding.

Butch

I played a course in Hilton Head Island, SC, in 2010 called the "Ocean Course at Sea Pines." The "Ocean Course" had one view of the ocean and the ocean was about a mile a way! The course also had a lot of water!

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread but here goes. I am going on a Bachelor weekend with 5 guys at the end of June (yes I posted a new thread yesterday 0 responses boo, ha ha) anyway I was thinking of booking Villa Roma in the Catskills.  We would only be golfing Saturday but checking in Friday and leavind Sunday morning.

2 of the 5 actually avid golfers, crappy ones but still can get around a course. The other 3 non golfers. Would Villa Roma be a good choice for 1 round of golf lodging, food and drinks nothing wild just a relaxing weekend with golf, alchol and food. Open to any other suggestions Thanks

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 4070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!