IGNORED

Tee height setters

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't use any kind of marking or anything. I just extend my pinky finger out as I tee my ball up and when the first digit bends back and stops I'm at the right height.

This is what I do. Ball on tee, in hand, once the tip of my pinky touches the ground, its good to go.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to follow up on this.  I decided to by one of these after reading your post.  Not sure how long yours are lasting but mine lasted all of two rounds.  The top bugle part separated from the base.  I emailed them regarding a replacement last week and still haven't heard back.  Color me disappointed.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

http://www.bugletee.com

I just picked up 2 packs of 2 and really like them.  They are basically indestructible - like some of the rubber tees you'll see at the driving range installed into the matts.  Not the exact rubber - but close.  Also, they guarantee life of the tee - and if it breaks, will replace it for free.  Oh and some of the funds will go to charity.

Carlos

Tried to do an edit.  Just got off the phone with the CEO of the company.  Nicest guy in the world, he's sending out a replacement today.  He explained that they'd had a bad batch of glue and it had caused a few to separate like mine did.  He assured me it won't happen again and to contact him directly if anything like that happens again.

Originally Posted by Nole77

Just wanted to follow up on this.  I decided to by one of these after reading your post.  Not sure how long yours are lasting but mine lasted all of two rounds.  The top bugle part separated from the base.  I emailed them regarding a replacement last week and still haven't heard back.  Color me disappointed.

Carlos

to OP, I just started using the Nike Zero Friction tees and love em, they have 3 pre marked lines for tee height, which yes I realize I can do that on any tee with a sharpie, but your allowed to be lazy every once in awhile

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

• 2 weeks later...

They do not affect the ball speed or rotation at all. They have been tested by Ping. I was first introduced to this tee by a Swedish Golf Pro who has been using it for many years now. He is actually rotating two tees and is still using the same tees for more than 3 years. It is also nice not having to have 20 tees in your pocket ... just the one. If you need a tee for a par-3, there are always a few broken wooden tees around the tee box somewhere.

Originally Posted by Nole77

That sucks.  What is your club head speed?  Did you hit a shot fat / take a divot when you broke it?  I don't see how it could break if you have an asscending blow with a driver.

An update on my use of the Bugle Tee... I have been using the same tee the entire time since I bought it.  Which was back in March.  At the time, I bought 2 packs of 2... So even if this one breaks... I'll have a back-up of a back-up.  My understanding is that if you break your tee, you can send it back and get it replaced for free?

Note, I don't use the bugle tee on any holes where it could fly off the tee box into a difficult area to retreive (like an elevated tee where there is large elevation change or drop off - or any hazard with a forced carry).  So I don't actually use it on every drive... But I would say 95%+ of my drives - I'll use it.  And I can't complain at all.  I like it a lot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh... I see you were able to get a replacement.  Good luck with the Bugle tee... I hope you have success with it like I have.

I bought a bag full of really cheap tees that last at the very most two shots before breaking (and that's only coz I thin the damn ball so much!)

I just assumed all tees - except for the really high-end ones - would break easily.

Originally Posted by mchepp

Chi-Chi used to put tape on the tee to mark the height. It would also help with preventing them from breaking.

Goes to show how much purses have changed when you had good pros saving tees.

I use tees with a color band (Pride Professional Tee System -- I use yellow). But really just check it by placing driver behind the ball.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

The Bugle Tee should not break or separate no matter how bad a swing (or fast for that matter) you put on it. Should it fail, send back the top part to Bugle and it will be replaced for free.

A good thing with the Bugle Tee is that you don't have to have 20 tees in your pocket all the time, and you get rid of most of the debris of broken tees on the tee boxes. The movers might like that! Also, the Tee comes with a life time guarantee.

I play my my tee so that about half of the ball is above the driver. Keep in mind that your driver is the only club that should NEVER touch the ground. What I would recommend since you have a hard time eye balling it is set the ball up perfectly, then make a mark on your tee with a Sharpie and make the same mark on every tee so that you can be consistent.

Originally Posted by ajst22

I play my my tee so that about half of the ball is above the driver. Keep in mind that your driver is the only club that should NEVER touch the ground. What I would recommend since you have a hard time eye balling it is set the ball up perfectly, then make a mark on your tee with a Sharpie and make the same mark on every tee so that you can be consistent.

That is a lot of work.  Get a bugle tee. :D

bugletee, just as a quick suggestion, you should absolutely kill the autoplay in your website.

That's one of the things that turns me off the most in web advertising.

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!