IGNORED

My Swing (PumaAttack)

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

I know it was meant to be a progress journal and Erik attacks me for no reason. 

And yes.  I will never post another video here again.  Only Evolvr.  @iacas has ruined this thread for me. 

Umm....that's not at all what I meant, but ok. 

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm really not a big fan of people lying, particularly about me. I'm honest, direct, forthright, blunt… whatever you want to say. But I am not a liar, and I do not suffer lies gladly.

Tony's last post contained several lies, and while I'll send him a PM outlining these, to continue to point them out here in this thread serves no useful purpose.

This line of discussion is adding nothing positive to the community. Tony is dead set, seemingly, in playing the victim role when @mvmac, myself, and others took time to volunteer free help.

We've learned our lesson, and will not help Tony in the future.

P.S. Tony was given a warning yesterday by Mike, and today by me, so if he doesn't reply for a day or two, he's unable to. Nor, though, is he allowed - this matter is closed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

That is an awful answer. 

I hit all the key position on the downswing and my Evolvr coach didnt mention my backswing position as a concern.  

Please give a detailed explanation why it is sooo bad?  I am plenty shallow on my downswing.

Hi Tony, I've also had many issues trying to understand what was suggested in the past. However, I will add that there is no ego involved in the answers people give. It's just a matter of you or me interpreting what was stated correctly. I know it sounds cryptic at first, but the suggestions are good. To this day, I'm still following suggestions and advice from almost two years ago. It takes time to make those changes. Also, language skills are not my strong point, while I think yours are much better.

On a side note, I feel like we have to get our swings to a point that changes are easier to implement so the advice makes sense, but unfortunate we're not swing gumbies. Changes are very hard to make. Tell yourself it will take a year and it might happen sooner.

So, that said, I think your picture sequence shows that you go from a shallow swing to a steep through transition even though your A6 position "looks" good. The issue is that having your picture perfect A6 position is not helping your swing. Mike stated the exact reasons why your swing is still not optimal. Basically, the swing comes first then if you do that swing correctly your body and club positions will be correct at A6, and not the other way around.

Whatever your evolvr instructor is saying for you to do does not change that.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm not going to pile on here but I'd suggest this be taken offline to PM's or actual live discussion.  I don't believe the instructors here have done anything wrong and in the end it's just getting more personal and less about your swing.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I don't understand why you got bent out of shape about the Lydia video and you keep mentioning how you swing like Rock? Seems to me the reasonable thing would have been to take the FWIW from @mvmac and talk to your instructor about it. Then maybe introducing both sides and get a clarification.

The trend of this website is that when you post a swing you get feed back. You came off pretty defensive and I know there is a bit of a power struggle there...  @pumaAttack just try not to take it so personal.

• Upvote 2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

I want to apologize for my behavior on Friday of last week.  I was genuinely asking why it matters about the backswing and let my frustration with my swing get the best of me.  

I want to thank everyone who offered free advice and took time out of their day to help me.  I acted childish and am embarrassed for not showing the gratitude you all deserved.  

@mvmac I truly appreciated the detailed response you gave me.  It has helped me understand the concept behind the shallowing move.   I should have been more clear and acted more mature in my questioning.   I know you guys preach being a stupid monkey but my brain craves knowing why, especially with a concept I don't fully understand.  I will work on this. 

Again, my behavior was out of line and I will do my best to never let my emotions get the worst of me again.  I am sorry and hope to learn from this ordeal, that I brought upon myself. 

That's all well and good, but you were told why, too. You just had to read it, and if the "why" answers weren't thorough enough, ask for more detail, not react the way you did.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

I want to apologize for my behavior on Friday of last week.  I was genuinely asking why it matters about the backswing and let my frustration with my swing get the best of me.  

I want to thank everyone who offered free advice and took time out of their day to help me.  I acted childish and am embarrassed for not showing the gratitude you all deserved.  

@mvmac I truly appreciated the detailed response you gave me.  It has helped me understand the concept behind the shallowing move.   I should have been more clear and acted more mature in my questioning.   I know you guys preach being a stupid monkey but my brain craves knowing why, especially with a concept I don't fully understand.  I will work on this. 

Again, my behavior was out of line and I will do my best to never let my emotions get the worst of me again.  I am sorry and hope to learn from this ordeal, that I brought upon myself. 

It's really tough to hold back your emotions especially after working so hard on what you thought was the solution. It's tough, but everyone on this site is actually trying to help. You only have to remember that in the future. :-)

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, Lihu said:

It's really tough to hold back your emotions especially after working so hard on what you thought was the solution. It's tough, but everyone on this site is actually trying to help. You only have to remember that in the future. :-)

Thanks!

I appreciate your support.  

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's all well and good, but you were told why, too. You just had to read it, and if the "why" answers weren't thorough enough, ask for more detail, not react the way you did.

Absolutely agree.  My line of questioning and responses were out of line.

I will learn from this. 

• Upvote 1

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I should be able to get some videos up soon on where I stand on shallowing (and sent off to Evolvr). Let's knock this issue out, and move on to the next flaw. Unfortunately for me, it is only now getting a tad comfortable in slower motions, but it all breaks down as I speed up. Doubtful I'll be moving on for a while, but who knows- maybe it'll start clicking.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

14 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I should be able to get some videos up soon on where I stand on shallowing (and sent off to Evolvr). Let's knock this issue out, and move on to the next flaw. Unfortunately for me, it is only now getting a tad comfortable in slower motions, but it all breaks down as I speed up. Doubtful I'll be moving on for a while, but who knows- maybe it'll start clicking.

Right on!

We can absolutely knock this out!  I think I finally get the concept and not just worrying about one angle in time.  

I am committing to doing slow practice only for all of June to really engrain this.  I kept thinking I had a quick fix (my wrists, forearm rotation, .etc)  but realize this is a whole body move and will take lots of time.  

Right now I am working on a steeper backswing, flat left wrist, hips and chest rotation and dorsiflexion in my right wrist.  That is a lot of moving pieces and not something to cure over night.  Gotta learn to enjoy the process and laugh off the occasional shank. 

• Upvote 1

Tony  

7 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Right on!

We can absolutely knock this out!  I think I finally get the concept and not just worrying about one angle in time.  

I am committing to doing slow practice only for all of June to really engrain this.  I kept thinking I had a quick fix (my wrists, forearm rotation, .etc)  but realize this is a whole body move and will take lots of time.  

Right now I am working on a steeper backswing, flat left wrist, hips and chest rotation and dorsiflexion in my right wrist.  That is a lot of moving pieces and not something to cure over night.  Gotta learn to enjoy the process and laugh off the occasional shank. 

When working on a new piece from your instructor, it is important to not forget about the other work you have done. I try to spend the first five minutes of a session going over the prior pieces. Sometimes I would focus so much on the new piece, that I would regress.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

When working on a new piece from your instructor, it is important to not forget about the other work you have done. I try to spend the first five minutes of a session going over the prior pieces. Sometimes I would focus so much on the new piece, that I would regress.

That's why golf is so hard. There are so many parts of a swing that can go bad so many different ways. It's like the buttons on a kitchen blender. You push in one hoping to fix a problem only to have another one pop out. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

That is a great point.  I was so focused on the shallowing downswing that I let me backswing regress. 

47 minutes ago, Lihu said:

That's why golf is so hard. There are so many parts of a swing that can go bad so many different ways. It's like the buttons on a kitchen blender. You push in one hoping to fix a problem only to have another one pop out. . .

That's why I have the twist style blender, no popping out of buttons!

Tony  

Not sure if this is a solid move or not but it felt pretty good:

Worked on taking my hands in to start, steep backswing, flat left wrist, start the downswing with the hips, keep my hands high, add some dorsiflexion on my right wrist and pivot through the swing.

• Like 1

Tony  

27 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Not sure if this is a solid move or not but it felt pretty good:

Worked on taking my hands in to start, steep backswing, flat left wrist, start the downswing with the hips, keep my hands high, add some dorsiflexion on my right wrist and pivot through the swing.

In my humble opinion, it looks pretty good. You seem to shallow out a bit at the transition just as advised. Do you have a face on? Also, what did you use to film this swing, iPhone?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

In my humble opinion, it looks pretty good. You seem to shallow out a bit at the transition just as advised. Do you have a face on? Also, what did you use to film this swing, iPhone?

Thanks!  I think getting my elbow in place on the backswing really helped.  I filmed it with my iPhone 6.  Using slo-mo with 720p and 240 fps.

Here is the face on:

Tony  

• Administrator

Much better. DL anyway. Don't keep your left arm so deep in transition.

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!