IGNORED

Just got my new i20s

Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just received these yesterday after the long 9 day wait and boy was it worth it! I got these clubs custom fitted, CFS Stiff shafts Black dot and I just got off the driving range from hitting the full set for the first time and could not be happier with my purchase. I hit these clubs smoother and straighter than i have ever hit irons before. it would appear as though the whole club face is a sweet spot making them very forgiving. I highly recommend these irons to anyone with even moderate skill or above. I could swear i gained about 5 or 10 yards per club out of all this as well. Ping really came out with a great model this year. VERY IMPRESSED!

I play to a 12 hndcp and have the G15s...was strongly considering the i20s but am a little concerned they are beyond my abilities.  Your initial results have me intrigued to say the least.  I have an appointment for an upcoming PING fitting with the sole intent of trying the i20s.  I hope for similar results!

Driver:  i15 (8*)  3W:  R11 (14*)   Hybrids:  G10 (28*)    A12OS (25* & 19*)  Irons:  i20 (7i-UW)    Wedges: CG14 (54* & 58*)   Putter:  Scotty Cameron Red X5    Ball:  Penta   

"What other people may find in poetry, I find in the flight of a good drive" -- Arnold Palmer  

We need to see some pics?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Cman13

I play to a 12 hndcp and have the G15s...was strongly considering the i20s but am a little concerned they are beyond my abilities.  Your initial results have me intrigued to say the least.  I have an appointment for an upcoming PING fitting with the sole intent of trying the i20s.  I hope for similar results!

I am around a 15 hndcp and have the g5's and have been thinking about getting new irons. I went out yesterday and wanted to get fitted for new pings. After swinging the i20's, I didnt want to swing anything else but i swung the g20's and didnt like them at all. The i20's feel so smooth when hit, and is more forgiving then i thought they would be. I went and placed my order for the i20's (4-pw,sw) and can not wait till they get here.

Superfast 2.0 Driver 10.5*

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

You have made a great choice. I have played two full rounds with mine and my ball striking and accuracy have already shown improvement. What setting/shafts did you get with yours?

I am a maroon dot with a +1 inch extended shaft. I went with the cfs steel regular. I just got an email yesterday saying my i20s will be here next week wednesday, I cant wait. Will post some pics when they come in.

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

Im hoping they are too.

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

I love mine. I bought the driver and 3 wood as well. Probably get an i 20 hybrid too. Ping has hit a home run with these sticks.

I love my driver and will never put a 3 wood in my bag again but I like the way there i20 17* hybrid felt but I love my g5 19* hybrid right now. I might look at there i20 5 wood too.

I also just got an email today from the place I ordered my i20's from. They just received my clubs today and will be shipping them out tomorrow. I got them 2nd day air so HOPEFULLY I will have them before I play on Sunday.

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

My clubs came in last night, so I will be going to the range tonight after work to hit them. I can not wait and I hope I like them. Wish me luck.

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

Originally Posted by bfn18

My clubs came in last night, so I will be going to the range tonight after work to hit them. I can not wait and I hope I like them. Wish me luck.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I had a chance to demo a g15 7iron side by side with an i15 7iron and found the i15 to be plenty forgiving and my handicap is probably around 30+. I just have a hard time mentally with the clunky look of the G series and similar irons.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a recent Ping i20 Irons Review from the 2nd Swing Golf Blog-- WITH pictures everyone!

To some up the review: The Ping i20 irons compete in the player's club market, but are far more forgiving than most in that class, making them great for mid-handicappers as well!  Time and time again I've heard how forgiving these bad boys are, makes me want to hit them myself!

http://blog.2ndswing.com/ping-i20-irons-review-20-questions-with-bob-jordan-of-2nd-swing-golf/

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I had a chance to demo a g15 7iron side by side with an i15 7iron and found the i15 to be plenty forgiving and my handicap is probably around 30+. I just have a hard time mentally with the clunky look of the G series and similar irons.

The i20 7iron to the g20 iron is an even more striking comparison.  Both equally forgiving, but the i20 is more workable.  This review actually compares the i20 7iron VS G20 7iron specifically:

"They’re [i20s] a player’s club, but mid-handicappers could certainly benefit.  Just the other day I sold a set to a guy who blended the G20’s with the i20’s.  Everything from the 7-iron through Wedge was i20.  I fitted him at the 7-iron for both the G20 and i20, and we found out that he hit the i20 7-iron equally as well as the G20 7-iron.  So, he went with the i20 because it allows him more workability. "  -- Bob Jordan, 2nd Swing Golf

Played with my new i20's on Sunday. I shot an 83 (which is a pretty good round for me). They feel great and a lot more forgiving then I thought they would be. Great clubs.

2012-05-03_22.22.20.jpg

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

I own them in green dot 2 upright with stock ping stiff shafts.  I have broken my person best rounds 4 times since owning them.  I also have the driver 9.5 with stock stiff and I have never driven the ball this well in my life.  And I also have the 14 degree 3 wood in project x 6.0 and I can say that after not having a 3 wood in my bag for the last 3 years because I just can not hit one, I am now a green hitting machine on the par 5's.  And I have yet to miss a fairway when I opt to tee off with it.  I am so impressed with Ping that I just added a 58 degree tour s wedge.  I am a long time Taylormade honk and I just got fed up with a new set of irons and drivers come out from them what seems like every other week, I decided to make a huge change.  I have never been happier I am now a Ping guy for life.

• 2 months later...

After being fit, I finally took the plunge and bought the i20s (7-UW)...green dot, +1" and dynamic gold X100 shafts.  They are a massive improvement for my game from my G15s. In the last 2 mnths I have dropped from a 11.8 to a 8.4 hncp...these irons are awesome!  I am hitting so many more greens and just love the look and feel of these sweet irons.  Anyone considering upgrading to the i20s should not hesitate...these are the real deal!!!!

Driver:  i15 (8*)  3W:  R11 (14*)   Hybrids:  G10 (28*)    A12OS (25* & 19*)  Irons:  i20 (7i-UW)    Wedges: CG14 (54* & 58*)   Putter:  Scotty Cameron Red X5    Ball:  Penta   

"What other people may find in poetry, I find in the flight of a good drive" -- Arnold Palmer  

Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!