IGNORED

Whats your best score?

Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Six under 66 on a tour course from the pro tees, i.e., the tips.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty impressive..... I have to admit the neat "after the fact" scorecard makes his accomplishment look cheap.  I'd rather see the original sloppy card from the round................

68 (-4) I worked at a country club as a caddie and in the bag room from age 13-22. (through college).  I knew the course like the back of my hand.

At my home course from the back tees -5 under par (67)

In tournament play -3 under par a million years ago in a Regional Highschool match winning medalist honors.

I've shot -1, and -2 a few times in various medal play tourney's.

Originally Posted by showtime583

+2 73 at Bowes Creek - Elgin, IL (6412, 71.5/138)

+2 74 at Harborside Int'l - Starboard - Chicago, IL (6620, 72.4/129)

Have shot even on a few 9s, and shot -1 once for 9....

Showtime,

I appreciate that you included the course rating and slope too because  lets face it........all courses are not created equal!!!   Nice playing on legit courses!!  I can relate to a score when I see a CR and slope attached to the score.  Without vital course information, I can't relate to a score........maybe it's a course rated 67.9cr with a 105 slope or something?......LOL

My low round:  72.5cr 137slope......(-4) 68.

Originally Posted by DocPangloss

75 (+3) from the tips (139 slope, 73.1 rating) at Lone Tree Golf Club in Colorado. With a double bogey on the last hole. Which was not enough to make the high school golf team.

What?  A 75 from those tees wasn't good enough to make a HS team?   That is just plain crazy........a 75 from those tees is good enough to make the top5 on most any HS team.  Even if it was a bit of a fluke, shooting a 75 from there will make the roster.  No HS team is that deep where a kid shoots 75 on that track doesn't get a roster spot.

I'm guessing there is more to the story than the 75?  The only way I can see that falling short if it's one of those private golf academy 'pseudo Highschools' where prodigies and pro golfer wannabes fly in from all over the country/world to learn to play golf. (where HS education is secondary to golf)

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

What?  A 75 from those tees wasn't good enough to make a HS team?   That is just plain crazy........a 75 from those tees is good enough to make the top5 on most any HS team.  Even if it was a bit of a fluke, shooting a 75 from there will make any HS team.

I'm guessing there is more to the story than the 75?  The only way I can see that falling short if it's one of those private golf academy 'pseudo Highschools' where prodigies and pro golfer wannabes fly in from all over the country/world to learn to play golf. (where HS education is secondary to golf)

Just a large (1800+ students) public high school south of Denver. At least two of the players on the team were good enough to have a shot at winning the State championship. See below for the bigger reason why I didn't make the team. I think I missed a playoff by a single stroke.

Originally Posted by DocPangloss

Unfortunately there were three rounds for tryouts. Holes 2-54 I was a combined 11 over par. Hole 1 I shot 8 over par.

Originally Posted by moparman426

Wow.  Either your school has quite a few talented golfers, or the team was already chosen before tryouts.

Yea...there is definitely more to this story.

Six under 66 on a tour course from the pro tees, i.e., the tips.

Can you be more specific....... The tips may only be 5700yds 65CR and 103slope...........LOL It just depends on the course!! Saying it's a "tour course" is a little vague.......

I'm not really sure where to post this - but this thread seems as good as any

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/19074235/mini-tour-player-fires-16under-par-55-possibly-lowest-score-in-the-history-of-golf

card51712.jpg

I kinda feel bad for Ryan Munson - he shot a 69 and lost by 14 strokes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Wally Fairway

I'm not really sure where to post this - but this thread seems as good as any

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/19074235/mini-tour-player-fires-16under-par-55-possibly-lowest-score-in-the-history-of-golf

I kinda feel bad for Ryan Munson - he shot a 69 and lost by 14 strokes.

Pretty impressive..... I have to admit the neat "after the fact" scorecard makes his accomplishment look cheap.  I'd rather see the original sloppy card from the round................

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Thought I would give this thread a bump.

When I was younger (15 at the time) and playing tournament golf, I went with my father on a business trip to Charlotte. The first day we were there, he had meetings all day, so I played Rocky River Golf Club with two random guys they paired me up with. The course is 6970 yards from the tees we played, par 72, rating is 73.5, and the slope is 137. I shot 33+32=65 the first day, and naturally my dad didn't believe me. He played with me again the next day and I shot 33+31=64 for my career best round. I shot 64 several times on the course that I grew up on, but it's a par 71 (and really easy).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot a 38 on the front nine yesterday (par 34).

I had 7 pars with one bogey and one real bad hole.

I have spent the past few weeks focusing on slowing down my backswing and doing a smooth transition, and because of this I was hitting such pure shots all day.

I also spent more hours than normal on putting and chipping and clutch putts and pitches to save par on some holes really helped.

It feels really good to see your hard work pay off sometimes.

Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!