IGNORED

Distance improvement question

Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Honestly I have the opposite problem as you do. At around a 22-24ish HCP I can cream the ball with my driver. I've clocked a few over 300 this year and probably average around 270 or so. But when I drive a ball on a 350 par4 and I have less than 100 to go I still can struggle to get the Pars.

I really wouldn't worry about distance, i've always been a big athletic hockey player so for me distance came first and I'm trying to work out control. I think that if I had control first and figured out distance I'd be in a much better spot. Dont worry about what other players are doing, last night I tied my friend who 2 ironed off of every tee because he doesn't like his driver. Distance is overrated except for on the odd 550+ par 5s.

How bout those capitals? Ovis winning the cup this year. but seriously I agree with this point. I have been trying to beat my older brother since the day I started playing golf. hes got 16 years experience on me but I go out there all young and strong and try crushing all my drives and he just pokes it out there maybe 250. He beats me almost everytime. There is alot to be said for being accurate. I keep saying Id give up 50 yards for playing from the fairway any day. It is just so much easier not having to worry about trees or rough. I would say if you want to gain distance I'd go to the gym and make that same accurate swing take you a little further without you having to swing harder.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

How bout those capitals? Ovis winning the cup this year. but seriously I agree with this point. I have been trying to beat my older brother since the day I started playing golf. hes got 16 years experience on me but I go out there all young and strong and try crushing all my drives and he just pokes it out there maybe 250. He beats me almost everytime. There is alot to be said for being accurate. I keep saying Id give up 50 yards for playing from the fairway any day. It is just so much easier not having to worry about trees or rough. I would say if you want to gain distance I'd go to the gym and make that same accurate swing take you a little further without you having to swing harder.

God, I really hope the capitals dont win. Not because I dont like OVI, I do. I cannot stand Dale Hunter, disgrace. That and the style of game they play is awful it made that 1st round the most boring 7 game series I have almost ever seen,

No forcheck, no pressure in the neutral zone just simply corwding 4 players infront of holtby and praying to win games 1-0. Yeah great hockey.

Go FLYERS the only team lef tthat still at least tries to play offense.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Originally Posted by saevel25

I don't think age has anything to do with it. I'm 27, and i know people who are 10 years older than me who hit the ball as far or on occassion farther than i do.

When you're late 50's and health issues and injuries start getting in the way, tell me that age has nothing to do with it.

And that is why I asked the OP about his age.

Crap - yeah, i's easy between 20 and 50 to gain yardage in these times. Sometimes, after 50, you can gain yardage if you're injury free, play often, have an efficient swing, and exercise frequently. But generally, that doesn't happen in the general population.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by BostonSully

God, I really hope the capitals dont win. Not because I dont like OVI, I do. I cannot stand Dale Hunter, disgrace. That and the style of game they play is awful it made that 1st round the most boring 7 game series I have almost ever seen,

No forcheck, no pressure in the neutral zone just simply corwding 4 players infront of holtby and praying to win games 1-0. Yeah great hockey.

Go FLYERS the only team lef tthat still at least tries to play offense.

looking back on this who expected kings and jersey. Im excited but everybodys going crazy around here. i live about an hour from the staples center.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

• Administrator

(He's a little angrier looking than I'd like, but let's stick to the topic please.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!