IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't really like her before, but I think Christina new found passionate play is a slight hint of refreshing for the show.  In the beginning my picks were Anya and Selanee, but I think Christina is working her way into my favorites.

Originally Posted by Barry

then start rooting for Glorianna please

You don't like her?   IMO...she's one of the good girls.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Automatically putting someone in the Elimination Round is absolutely  ridiculous. Also making it so the first place person has absolutely no way of going home and gets to stay on top of the leader board no matter what is retarded. Maybe the hosts and creators of this competition don't believe in fair play, but you might as well call it the WWE of golf if you already determine a winner. Marcela would have had to get beaten by every golfer to go home. That would be next to impossible, not to mention she got the same amount of points for losing twice and winning once. Points should have been reduced for each loss. Kelly gets one chance while all other contestants got at last two. Not to mention this allows Marcela to choose first in the next round and surprise she gets another huge advantage. The people should have a disadvantage for having the least amount of points but they shouldn't make it impossible for a person to come back and that is exactly what they do. Also that clown and his wife need to host something else because they are annoying as hell. I can tell this guy holds more balls in his hands than just Titleist if you catch my drift.

• Upvote 1

Well then.

Welcome to the sand trap?

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

In order for people who do not know you to know what you're talking about, you have to give some context

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Actually that was a pretty good rant.  If you've been watching the show you probably have all the context you need.  It WAS pretty rough putting Kelly straight in elimination and they haven't done that too much in the Big Break serieses that I've followed.

Automatically putting someone in the Elimination Round is absolutely  ridiculous. Also making it so the first place person has absolutely no way of going home and gets to stay on top of the leader board no matter what is retarded. Maybe the hosts and creators of this competition don't believe in fair play, but you might as well call it the WWE of golf if you already determine a winner. Marcela would have had to get beaten by every golfer to go home. That would be next to impossible, not to mention she got the same amount of points for losing twice and winning once. Points should have been reduced for each loss. Kelly gets one chance while all other contestants got at last two. Not to mention this allows Marcela to choose first in the next round and surprise she gets another huge advantage. The people should have a disadvantage for having the least amount of points but they shouldn't make it impossible for a person to come back and that is exactly what they do. Also that clown and his wife need to host something else because they are annoying as hell. I can tell this guy holds more balls in his hands than just Titleist if you catch my drift.

Best first post, ever.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

You don't like her?   IMO...she's one of the good girls.

Ya, I'm not really sure why, but I don't like her.  Pretty sad that I can't explain it, I just don't :)

This year is really lacking in off-the-course controversy.  Everyone seems to love everyone. Has there been one time where someone said something negative about someone else?

This week's show sure wasn't set to challenge the girls much.  Other than the pressure of being there the contests were a bunch of simple little chips and pitches.  The "take a chance" game was lame because there was never any reason to not "take a chance".  Only 2 of the cards had anything less than the 12 foot mark so of course they'd all "take a chance".  Then when Anya got stuck with 6' (and nailed it!) it was pretty much for sure they would all "take a chance" .  IMO this should have been 50/50 split of closer/farther than 12'.

They seemed to play better but I think that was mostly because the challenges were fairly simple.

Loved watching Anya nail 4 drives right down the gut! Nothing to it.

Christina is a great putter

Is it me - or does Salenea (sp??) have a very odd golf swing? She looks like she is trying to hit punch shots on every swing... And then her annoying comments.  She sounds like a burner.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Barry

Ya, I'm not really sure why, but I don't like her.  Pretty sad that I can't explain it, I just don't :)

This year is really lacking in off-the-course controversy.  Everyone seems to love everyone. Has there been one time where someone said something negative about someone else?

This week's show sure wasn't set to challenge the girls much.  Other than the pressure of being there the contests were a bunch of simple little chips and pitches.  The "take a chance" game was lame because there was never any reason to not "take a chance".  Only 2 of the cards had anything less than the 12 foot mark so of course they'd all "take a chance".  Then when Anya got stuck with 6' (and nailed it!) it was pretty much for sure they would all "take a chance" .  IMO this should have been 50/50 split of closer/farther than 12'.

They seemed to play better but I think that was mostly because the challenges were fairly simple.

Loved watching Anya nail 4 drives right down the gut! Nothing to it.

Christina is a great putter

I agree the challenges are very weak.  And they keep playing the same freaking hole / green complex so they know the breaks (very little).  I've played the Ocean Club, and there are better holes than what they are playing.  They are playing like the easiest holes on the course.

I think if you took Anya's swing and Christina's putting and combined them into one player you'd have a multiple major winner. Anya needs some putting lessons and a putter fitting. She's like a week away from being able to play on the LPGA tour. Her swing is awesome.

Constantine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Is it me - or does Salenea (sp??) have a very odd golf swing? She looks like she is trying to hit punch shots on every swing... And then her annoying comments.  She sounds like a burner.

Yes, she does seem to have an odd swing.  There is extra movement as she comes through the impact area. I don't mind her personality though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I think if you took Anya's swing and Christina's putting and combined them into one player you'd have a multiple major winner.

Anya needs some putting lessons and a putter fitting. She's like a week away from being able to play on the LPGA tour. Her swing is awesome.

Yea, I agree.   Its a shame to see her go, but to miss the putt she missed I guess she deserved it.  Over the course of the not so great show, I've become a fan of Christina, however, I'm wondering if she has eaten anything since it started.  She looked really, really thin on the last show.  Too thin.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I think if you took Anya's swing and Christina's putting and combined them into one player you'd have a multiple major winner.

Anya needs some putting lessons and a putter fitting. She's like a week away from being able to play on the LPGA tour. Her swing is awesome.

I agree Anya has one of the better golf swings on the show.  Marcella's is pretty strong too IMO.  But the biggest flaw I saw in Anya was her lack of confidence.

I was laughing every time I heard her say (she's said it multiple times on the show) that she will never feel the kind of pressure again that she's felt on the Big Break.  I'm sorry, but if you are in contention within a tournament, I'm pretty sure you're going to have those feelings come roaring back?  Unless she doesn't think she will be in a position to win in the future?

And then for her to go and say that she has never fought that hard for anything in her life... Like she did on the golf course during the multiple elimination challenges... Come on.  If you've played competitive golf for any length of time... You'll know it is a grind.  And you have to fight for your life more times than not.  I just was turned off by the lack of competitive drive in her... And felt she needs a life coach more than any other on the show.

Andale, andale, Go,go,go, bite, bite, spin, spin, stop, stop, back up, spin back

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Glad Anya is finally gone. Selannee is the next worst of the bunch. I think it'll be Marcella/Gloriana in the final.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

i think selanee' is the best looking of the remaining girls. ive been rooting for her from the beginning. not sure what it is but i really like her personality and shes gorgeous to boot.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

That sounds about right. Her interviews are just... expressionless.

I'm still rooting for Christina. This doesn't hurt: http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01534434/big-break-atlantis-christina-stockton-1.jpg .

But really, I think her swing's not bad, and she's done reasonably well with the short game.

Anya hit the ball well enough to stay on longer. No way she should have charged that eagle putt the way she did.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!