IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I couldn't stand Shannons voice at first but she was one of my faves.  I think Natalia or Allison will win it.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Originally Posted by bplewis24

A few thoughts:

1) I thought Aubrey may have been the worst contestant in years, and today strengthened that.

2) Today is probably the first time I would have considered not buying my way out of elimination.  If Aubrey and three other players are in, I like my chances.

3) This was some of the worst golf I've seen on TV before.

4) I've never seen somebody struggle so much with 1 foot putts.

Brandon

Amen to 4.  That was just sad, and I think Selanee is one of the best on the show.

Could Aubrey chunk any more chip shots?  That was even sadder, I am glad I don't have to watch that anymore.

Has there ever been any asian girls on the show?  It seems strange there has not been considering how many there are on the LPGA.  I have a hard time believing that they don't get any applications.  I realize they would need to be able to speak English for the interviews and such.  I do wish that the balance between good looks and golf skill was pushed more toward golf skill.

Seriously. Glorianna, "I know this game, I got a strategy" on the tic tac toe game. This is so pathetic. Secondly the Kelly states her affinity for Natalia and that she "loves her so much"..... She has only know her for a week....good gawd

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by JerryTimes

I couldn't stand Shannons voice at first but she was one of my faves.  I think Natalia or Allison will win it.

I hope so... my two favorites. ;) lol

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

I didn't know people actually watched this show to see golf.  If it doesn't involve actually playing full holes of golf, it doesn't make sense to me.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

These are collectively the worst group of "semi-pro" women golfers I have ever seen on the big break.  I get that these challenges aren't full holes and they have to wait awhile for the camera crews to get in position, but this is hard to watch.

Taking 5 strokes to get in from 125 (granted it was out of the rough) is just awful.  I am a 17 capper and can beat that daily.  And dont hit me with the pressure statement... I know it exist but 5 strokes from 125?  Really.  I am done

• Upvote 1

Man, Natalia has some of the nicest legs I have ever seen on a golf course.

I also thought she was one of the better golfers there, for what that is worth.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Bayou Boogie

First Meghan, now Natalia--this show must have something against my viewership--turning into one of the least compelling seasons for me.

And all the girls are playing so nice with each other.

The golf on this show is practically unwatchable.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

The buyout thing is ridiculous.  I laughed like crazy when Kelly ( I guess that's the one, can't remember names) buys out last week only to find out that the two low on the totem pole have to play a match to start the show and the loser gets sent immediately to elimination.  And she loses!  She pissed away 36 points and ended up in the next elimination challenge.  Now she did survive but unless they come up with some gimmick to give the girls that are low on the list a chance to earn bonus points, she stands NO chance of winning this thing.  If you're going to be on the show, be in it to win it.  Go down swinging.  But I guess this is not really about golf but rather about a narcissistic vehicle so they can get 15 minutes of fame and attention.

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

The buyout thing is ridiculous.  I laughed like crazy when Kelly ( I guess that's the one, can't remember names) buys out last week only to find out that the two low on the totem pole have to play a match to start the show and the loser gets sent immediately to elimination.  And she loses!  She pissed away 36 points and ended up in the next elimination challenge.  Now she did survive but unless they come up with some gimmick to give the girls that are low on the list a chance to earn bonus points, she stands NO chance of winning this thing.  If you're going to be on the show, be in it to win it.  Go down swinging.  But I guess this is not really about golf but rather about a narcissistic vehicle so they can get 15 minutes of fame and attention.

Only one person gets to the final show on reaching 100 points. The other two have to survive from week to week(I believe there are usually 3 on the last show)

I dont see how narcissism can be put into the equation anywhere. They are there for the prize money/sponsorship, just like anyone who applies. Your being a bit over the top about the whole thing.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

Taking 5 strokes to get in from 125 (granted it was out of the rough) is just awful.  I am a 17 capper and can beat that daily.  And dont hit me with the pressure statement... I know it exist but 5 strokes from 125?  Really.  I am done

I thought the same thing.  I started out defending the level of play in the first couple of weeks saying it would get better when the weaker players left, but this is just stupid.  At this point in the show the players left should at least be able to HIT THE GREEN from a greenside bunker.  How many complete misses of the green from inside 50 yards were there this week?  A bunch.

Natalia was definitely my favorite and I thought one of the better players. One bad drive did her in when Kelly has had how many bad shots??? Aubrey was by far the worst and how she survived as long as she did was astonishing.

Driver: Taylormade R11 Aldila NV 75

4W: Taylormade R9

3/4H: Taylormade Burner 19* 22*

5-AW: Taylormade RBZ

W: Cleveland Tour Action 588 56* 60*

Putter: Callaway White Ice 2 Ball Lined

Buying out is still probably right. If she doesn't buy out she has a 1/3 shot of going home. If she does buyout she has a 1/2*1/2 (or 1/3 if the other person doesn't buy out). The tricky part to figure out  is that the next day you might also be up for elimination if they do the same thing.

I have no clue what the current point totals are (I think it is about 50) but it seems to me like they are going to have to start giving away more points or they are going to run out of  contestants before they get to 100.

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

Allison.  So delicious.  Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddddd.........I'm spent.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Originally Posted by Bayou Boogie

First Meghan, now Natalia--this show must have something against my viewership--turning into one of the least compelling seasons for me.

And all the girls are playing so nice with each other.

I felt that way too. The f'n weak link got to buy herself out. I was pretty much like, the only girl with a pro attitude gets screwed when she hits one out of bounce. No sense in this show anymore.

Edit: There was never any sense in this show.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!