IGNORED

My Edel Wedges (Or 'Super Bounce and Why It's Good for You' or 'The Sweet Spot Is Finally in the Right Place!

Note: This thread is 1072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great video on golf shafts for wedges. KBS is taking a lead into developing multiple styles of wedge shafts.

I like the part were they talk about how players react to different feels when you change shafts. I found that out when I got fitted for my Edel wedges. One of the shafts was very tip stiff. I just kept chunking the wedge shots. Change the shaft and I am able to hit shots again.

Probably because I wasn't feeling the clubhead load/unload correctly that I was releasing it way early.

Another reason why I think Edel is head of the curve by actually offering a multitude of shaft options when you get fitted.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

Erik,

Questions on Edel fittings: Are outdoor Edel wedge fittings superior to indoor fittings? Do you need to hit shots off of actual turf to get the best measure of what you need?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Questions on Edel fittings: Are outdoor Edel wedge fittings superior to indoor fittings? Do you need to hit shots off of actual turf to get the best measure of what you need?

I think fitting outdoors is best. We've fit people indoors too - with a FlightScope and a good ear and knowledge you can do a good job. It just doesn't "sell" it to the golfer as well since they don't get to feel actual turf interaction.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, wolfpack said:

Is there a standard fee for the fitting/discounted rate for buying 3 wedges?

There's really no standard, no. All I can say is that we do not charge a fitting fee if you buy, and we do discount multi-club purchases.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Waiting for my Edel Wedges.   :cry:.  

It's been 8 days.  :whistle:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On Friday, April 01, 2016 at 11:23 AM, jsgolfer said:

Make sure you post pics of them. 

6 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

Make sure you post pics of them. 

Patiently waiting.  ;-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

12 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Patiently waiting.  ;-)

As am I for my putter.  Well minus the patiently part.

On April 1, 2016 at 11:23 AM, jsgolfer said:

My wedges took about 2 weeks. 

The putter took longer...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

12 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Patiently waiting.  ;-)

Greatness takes times :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...

If I play on hard grass and tight lies often, wouldn't I want low bounce so the club doesn't get bounced off the ground?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

If I play on hard grass and tight lies often, wouldn't I want low bounce so the club doesn't get bounced off the ground?

Common misconception.

This wedge has 22° bounce, and there's a thin layer of tight fairway carpet laid directly on concrete:

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Common misconception.

This wedge has 22° bounce, and there's a thin layer of tight fairway carpet laid directly on concrete:

Interesting.  So does the bounce "help" here or does it simply not hinder like I thought it would?

Tony  

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Interesting.  So does the bounce "help" here or does it simply not hinder like I thought it would?

It doesn't hurt. In other situations it's very helpful.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

It doesn't hurt. In other situations it's very helpful.

Gotcha.  I have been working on my finesse wedge technique and will be sure to try out difference bounces.

Tony  

On 4/1/2016 at 8:22 AM, iacas said:

There's really no standard, no. All I can say is that we do not charge a fitting fee if you buy, and we do discount multi-club purchases.

Interesting. I was looking to go get fit for a putter and wedges. I have to drive 4 hours for a fitting.  They want $100 for the putter fitting and $100 for the wedge fitting.  If I buy the clubs from them they will credit half my fitting cost to the club purchase.  I also asked if I could get a discount for multi-club purchases and they said no.  I dont think I am ready to drop $1100 on a putter and 3 wedges.  Do you think most places give a discount for multi-club purchases or are you in the minority?

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

• 2 months later...

I'm very close (basically only money and finding a fitter permitting) to getting a fitting organised, so long term, no real issue. However, yesterday, I realised that there's something off with one of my wedges, but not sure what... As with most golfers starting out, my wedges are off the shelf, both Clevelands (a 54* RTX 2.0 and a 58* RTX). However, I absolutely love the 58* but hate the 54* - something feels odd about it. I feel like I have to almost flip at it to not hit behind the ball and I don't get anywhere near as much check on it as with the 58 or even my Apex Pro GW. My guess is that the shaft on the 54* is a bit too stiff/heavy, but it's interesting that it's making this much difference.

Anyway, will hopefully get some Edels toward the end of the summer or at worst before Christmas. I've seen the benefit of fitting with my driver and I'm slowly going through the rest of the bag.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 1072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!