IGNORED

627yds/par 5. Is this normal?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by colin007

doubtful.  lets say he really did hit it 310.  so then hes got 290 with a 3 wood from the fairway?  like i said, doubtful.

Ok lets say I did hit a 310 yard drive, 290 with my three wood is pushing it. I'm not saying I can't do it, but I doubt it. My first shot was for sure 320+ and after really thinking on it... The first shot could have been up to 340 yards, It was inbetween 320-340. How do I know this? Just like you said, there is almost no way I hit my 3 wood 290. Maybe I did, but 270-280 is more like it. They are still long shots for anybody but I don't lie and they did happen.

There are many situation where a newb golfer could hit a 600+ yard par 5's in two shots and have 20-30 handicap or higher. It might not be the norm but is very very possible. If I gave you my entire athletic history, I'm pretty sure it would make sense lol, but Ill save that for another post. I have a couple friend that never golfed in their lives and I'm almost positive, both of them would be able to make these shots within a short period of time and would have a way higher handicap then me.

Sincerely, Jim

Ok lets say I did hit a 310 yard drive, 290 with my three wood is pushing it. I'm not saying I can't do it, but I doubt it. My first shot was for sure 320+ and after really thinking on it... The first shot could have been up to 340 yards, It was inbetween 320-340. How do I know this? Just like you said, there is almost no way I hit my 3 wood 290. Maybe I did, but 270-280 is more like it. They are still long shots for anybody but I don't lie and they did happen. There are many situation where a newb golfer could hit a 600+ yard par 5's in two shots and have 20-30 handicap or higher. It might not be the norm but is very very possible. If I gave you my entire athletic history, I'm pretty sure it would make sense lol, but Ill save that for another post. I have a couple friend that never golfed in their lives and I'm almost positive, both of them would be able to make these shots within a short period of time and would have a way higher handicap then me.

You know how I know you're full of it? Tiger woods' average drive is only 295.3, and the top pro on tour its bubba Watson at 313. So you drive farther than bubba Watson and tiger woods? Yeah, good one. And golf is SOMEWHAT about athleticism but its mostly about technique. Technique gets you distance, power and strength are the last factors of the equation. Its not just rare for a higher handicap to have the required technique to have that fast of a swing speed, its ultra incredibly rare.

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

You know how I know you're full of it? Tiger woods' average drive is only 295.3, and the top pro on tour its bubba Watson at 313. So you drive farther than bubba Watson and tiger woods? Yeah, good one.

And golf is SOMEWHAT about athleticism but its mostly about technique. Technique gets you distance, power and strength are the last factors of the equation. Its not just rare for a higher handicap to have the required technique to have that fast of a swing speed, its ultra incredibly rare.

How does me hitting some drives further then Bubba and Tiger's average drive, account for me driving farther then them? Tiger's longest drive on record is 425 yards playing downhill, not sure about the wind. One of his longest drives on a calm day and the hole playing flat was around 362. Im not even going to look up Bubbas stats, but I'm guessing the are longer. I have hit a golf ball 326 yards on a calm day and flat hole that I measured with gps, and verified on Google earth getting the same number. By me driving the ball 326 yards one time in no way makes me a longer hitter then both players you stated.

My drive we are talking about, most likely went further then 326 yards. Why don't I know exactly how far it went? I don't know how far it went because I stopped measuring drives after I racked up about twenty, 300 plus yarders and the 326 yarder. I've also hit shots further since I've stopped measuring. Me hitting a few drives around 326 yards in no way makes me a longer hitter then the two players you stated.

My average drive distance is probably around 190 yards if you count them all. If you're only counting fairways hit them maybe more like 240. With these two less then stellar stats, I still rip 300 plus drives often, two sometimes three per round. They usually don't hit the fairways but most are playable and not in hazards or OB. I also take maybe 3-5 penalty strokes per round for OB. The shot we are talking about came to rest in the first cut rough about one foot in from the fairway. The lie was actually much better then a fairway shot, sitting up in the short rough like it was on tee.

Allot of things did come together at the right time for the two shots but.... it happened. I know allot of people exaggerate or lie, but I'm not one of them. All my Distances are correct and exact as I can get them. I'm not bragging or looking for attention, just stating facts. Just thought it might be an interesting perspective.

I love to say it but..... Your wrong. . I'm not sure why its such a stretch for you.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Ok lets say I did hit a 310 yard drive, 290 with my three wood is pushing it. I'm not saying I can't do it, but I doubt it. My first shot was for sure 320+ and after really thinking on it... The first shot could have been up to 340 yards, It was inbetween 320-340. How do I know this? Just like you said, there is almost no way I hit my 3 wood 290. Maybe I did, but 270-280 is more like it. They are still long shots for anybody but I don't lie and they did happen.

There are many situation where a newb golfer could hit a 600+ yard par 5's in two shots and have 20-30 handicap or higher. It might not be the norm but is very very possible. If I gave you my entire athletic history, I'm pretty sure it would make sense lol, but Ill save that for another post. I have a couple friend that never golfed in their lives and I'm almost positive, both of them would be able to make these shots within a short period of time and would have a way higher handicap then me.

I'm sorry but I'm very skeptical of your claims. I've been playing for decades, often with some damn good golfers and have never seen anyone other than a pro hit a 330 yard drive or a 290 yard 3 wood. That's a lot of rounds and a lot of good golfers. And you are new to the game. I say BS.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MSchott

I'm sorry but I'm very skeptical of your claims. I've been playing for decades, often with some damn good golfers and have never seen anyone other than a pro hit a 330 yard drive or a 290 yard 3 wood. That's a lot of rounds and a lot of good golfers. And you are new to the game. I say BS.

No need to be sorry, and I'm not offended by your call of BS. Like I always say, no picture no video no proof, then it didn't happen. Not sure if there is an easy way to prove the yardage on a drive to someone, other then playing a round with that person.

I'm not going to post in this thread anymore about this subject. Ill start a new thread stating all my long drive claims and stats. Then you can bash me in there hehe.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

No need to be sorry, and I'm not offended by your call of BS. Like I always say, no picture no video no proof, then it didn't happen. Not sure if there is an easy way to prove the yardage on a drive to someone, other then playing a round with that person.

I'm not going to post in this thread anymore about this subject. Ill start a new thread stating all my long drive claims and stats. Then you can bash me in there hehe.

just post a video of your swing.  that's all that's really necessary.  and BTW, " your wrong"?  LOL!!!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!