IGNORED

My Swing (El-Boogie1975)

El-Boogie1975
Note: This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: learning for 2 years (haven't hit the course yet)

My current handicap index or average score is: Not sure

My typical ball flight is: mix of high and low I guess

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slicing

Videos:

This was a good hit actually. I hit other one's that sliced to the left. If you have any swing critiques, let me know.

Nike SQ Machspeed STR8 FIT Driver

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

I'm left handed,s o when I strike the ball, most of the time the ball flight is way left. It's happening less with the irons, but it's still there.

I'm looking to reduce this and bring the ball flight more right to left, instead of left to left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate all the advice I received, it really helped me improve.

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Your weight is staying back, as evidenced by your lead (right) foot sliding out to your right, causing you to cut across the ball.  Take a look at the thread regarding Stack and Tilt to see how weight forward can help you with this.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even feel the weight staying back when I hit it. I was actually surprised by what I saw when I watched it back. I've been working on rotating my hips and getting my back heel off the ground, but none of that happened here.

I took another video and it was the same thing. It's funny because when I practice, I don't do that.

Thanks for the feedback. I have to pay more attention to the weight staying back thing. Could that be the reason my balls go left a lot?

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

By all means... weight back means that your clubhead will cut across the ball.  Worse still, it's a glancing blow as your upper body spins, so it'll be a much weaker shot.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know what you mean.

I've had some good hits where I didn't have my weight back and I can tell the difference by what you're saying.

I will take a few more swings and record it face on and try to see what I get.

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

you seemed to pop up quite quickly as you hit the ball,keeping a steady head could help with your consistency at striking the ball. its great to see a nice shot, but a steady head can help produce more good shots but i'm just an amateur bud.

karsten 10deg driver

fat shaft irons

tour ii putter

prov1x

Looks to me that when your making your backswing your moving your weight to the outside of your back foot. Weight transfer should be a bi-product of making a good turn and the weight should turn into the inside of your back foot. Also, shoulders, knees and feet should parallel with target not just feet and clubface. Have someone watch to at address to check this for you. I hope this helps you and good luck!

• 8 months later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: unknown

My typical ball flight is: not sure, high?

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slicing

This is what I'm doing now. The slice is gone for the most part and I'm feeling better about my swing. This was shot during my lesson.

Videos:

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Crazy thing is. This was during the first lesson I ever received. I just listened and let him guide me. He gave me two quick things that just worked and the slice was gone.

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Smashin it, big improvement there. The only thing that I'd say is when you start your back swing your wrists and forearms look very loose and weak. The club looks like its wobbling around a bit. Still, good improvement.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Note: This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!