Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoSports

New Product to Hit the Golf World in July

Note: This thread is 2639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

0  

  1. 1. How often do you use video to breakdown your swing on the range?

    • Every time I go to the range
      8
    • Every once in a while
      28
    • After I have a lesson with my teacher
      9
    • Never
      38
    • Only if I have a friend there to video my swing for me
      21


107 posts / 9605 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I just placed an order for one of these.  I was using my iPing cradle - but it was kind of jerry rigged to get it to work.  I hope this holster works better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really wish this thread was labeled correctly to target iPhone users instead of the "golf world". Most golfers don't use iPhones and therefore don't need to bother with this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish this thread was labeled correctly to target iPhone users instead of the "golf world". Most golfers don't use iPhones and therefore don't need to bother with this thread.

They still have iphones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by KingG

I really wish this thread was labeled correctly to target iPhone users instead of the "golf world". Most golfers don't use iPhones and therefore don't need to bother with this thread.

I think you'd be surprised at how many golfers have iPhones...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We should add an option to the "Why Join a Country Club" poll..."To Avoid iPhone Users."

I would join!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bplewis24

We should add an option to the "Why Join a Country Club" poll..."To Avoid iPhone Users."

I would join!

Guys at country clubs don't have iphones???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Guys at country clubs don't have iphones???

My fictional Country Club would ban iPhones and confiscate them at the entrance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I just placed an order for one of these.  I was using my iPing cradle - but it was kind of jerry rigged to get it to work.  I hope this holster works better.

I'm interested to hear how you like it after you've had a chance to use it.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

My fictional Country Club would ban iPhones and confiscate them at the entrance

Ha.  What if I promised to keep it in airplane mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For all of you out there with iPhones, it works great with the many swing applications that are already available in the app store.

Take an alignment rod, slide it in the ground, and then using the holster connect your iPhone and start videoing. Its simple and easy to use.

To all of you who do not have the iPhone and are reading this thread, my sincere apologies. The design was not meant to offend the other phone users. If there is demand in the future for the other phones then we will certainly work hard to create another design.

martin.png

www.protosports.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by ProtoSports

For all of you out there with iPhones, it works great with the many swing applications that are already available in the app store.

Take an alignment rod, slide it in the ground, and then using the holster connect your iPhone and start videoing. Its simple and easy to use.

To all of you who do not have the iPhone and are reading this thread, my sincere apologies. The design was not meant to offend the other phone users. If there is demand in the future for the other phones then we will certainly work hard to create another design.

www.protosports.com

I was about to order one and it just dawned on me ... I would probably have to remove my phone from it's case to fit it into your holster, huh?

The case I have is kind of a pain to get on and off, that's the only reason I ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes you would have to remove your case when you are using the holster. Even though it may be a little bit of a pain to get your case on and off, the advantages of being able to video yourself hitting balls is well worth it. Especially if you are able to start making improvements to your swing mechanics and/ or ball striking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by ProtoSports

Yes you would have to remove your case when you are using the holster. Even though it may be a little bit of a pain to get your case on and off, the advantages of being able to video yourself hitting balls is well worth it. Especially if you are able to start making improvements to your swing mechanics and/ or ball striking.

I already do video myself, but I bring a little camcorder and a tripod.  It's not hard, but it is a little conspicuous and I don't really like to draw a lot of attention to myself at the range.  I think my phone on a stick will be a bit more subtle and not attract a crowd.

I think I will go ahead and order one ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

www.protosports.com If you take swing video or partake in swing lessons you must check this out. Now available in black and white. Be sure and like our Facebook page @protosports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 2639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...