IGNORED

TaylorMade woods and hybrids: Large difference between 2.0 and original Superfast?

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade all of my woods to TaylorMade Superfasts.  My question is, what is the biggest difference in the SuperFast series and the SuperFast 2.0?  I would, ideally, love to buy all 2.0's but may be limited to a smaller budget.  Is there a vast difference in performance between them?

I still have to hit the original SuperFast's so I understand it's all about what feels right....just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

Keep Calm and Chive On!

I dont know the difference but I have the original superfast and love it. Also i was just on TGW and the drivers are going for 130 brand new and woods 100 i believe.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

The feel, look and sound are much more noticable than the performance difference.  I really liked the Superfast TP 1.0.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by delav

The feel, look and sound are much more noticable than the performance difference.  I really liked the Superfast TP 1.0.

IDK what hes talking about. I love the sound of the original superfast.

The differences are pretty marginal. Outside the obvious paint color difference, I believe the only real differences are shaft offerings. I've hit them both (unfortunately not side-by-side) but haven't found a reason to get a 2.0 version over my 1.0.

Don't forget about TM's ridiculous product cycle...if you really want the white ones, just wait another 6-8 months when they drop something new on us and all the club ho's start selling off all their "old" equipment.

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

IDK what hes talking about. I love the sound of the original superfast.

I did not say one was better than the other.  I in fact prefer the sound and feel of the older model, too.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Not sure how I missed this thread but I accidently created a new one on the same subject, oh well.

The 2.0 has a slight tweek on the head design, with a slightly lighter shaft and grip. That all adds up to 5 yards more on the driver, a 2% increase on distance. The average price difference ranges from 30%-40% more for a 2.0 version over the 2010 model. 2% increase in performance does not add up to 40% increase in price. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely, Jim

I ended up finding the TaylorMade Superfast (1.0) at my local Golf Galaxy used for 40$.  It is in great condition and a new grip so I guess my patience worked out.

I was a bit upset that I couldn't get an accurate result in the simulator with it.  I was hoping to get a good idea for distances with it but the sim results were that I was hitting it 350+ yards.  I was getting all of the ball....but I'm a realist.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

Ya those things you have to take with a grain of salt. My ss is around 105 and Im usually hitting 270-300 depending on draw fade wind and what not. I do have a different shaft though. I love it and just when I think about dropping money on like a newer used driver like the 909 I realize there is a good chance i lose distance cuz this thing is a beast really.

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!