IGNORED

How did you fix your slice?

lostmyballs
Note: This thread is 2499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sounds good to me!

Well... I know there is no magic potion... but the feeling yesterday was a bit of frustation... No good ball striking, all my drives did slice... What a hard club to manage !! I keep on training, but sometiomes this sport gets you sad, really sad.

:nike:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For the last two seasons I adopted an address position with the express position of mitigating the push/slice: closed stance, ball further back, closed face, strong grip.

That's called the "Joe Mama Yo Mama" swing. Glad you got past that, what's the point of keeping it in the fairway if it's a low, short pull that goes nowhere. Probably felt like crap at impact too.

My driver is a definite work in progress. Maybe I'll tinker with embracing a fade. I (try to) draw all my irons and generally my miss with them will be a push or a hook, but all bets are off with the driver, I can hit 9 different ball flights from the same set-up which would be AWESOME if I could predict which of the 9 I'll get on any given swing. Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Most of the slicers I see rotate their shoulders immediately in their downswing. This will obviously take the club out away from your swing path. Keep your right arm tucked closer to your body. Start your downswing in a more controlled (ie slower) motion with your lower body and then drop your hands (pull the bell rope) with that right arm tucked. Concentrate on the inner back portion of the ball and follow through along your swing path to the right. You can even put a broken tee or something to the right front of your ball (righties) and swing toward it. When you're trying to change anything, start of slow with half or quarter swings and build up speed when your muscles have it down. Save some money on balls and het into a net or get some wiffle balls. Bring a few beers along to keep hydrated.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

A slice can be fixed by firing through the ball with the right shoulder and following through over the left shoulder. Ben Hogan was great at that. To view a great video of Hogan that demonstrates that action …

Why not just post the video instead of redirecting folks to your site?

EDIT*

Here's the video so people can watch it without leaving TST.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This will sound goofy.  But I can curve the ball both ways (and sometimes that's on purpose.  What I do to fade it is swing my left arm faster than my right. To draw I concentrate on slowing my left arm down and speeding my right arm up.  I know that is likely not exaclty what is going on, but it is mentally what I feel and try to do.

Calvin Peete said to draw or fade the ball, all he did was turn his head to the left or right. I heard that a long time ago, so I assume to fade, turn it to the left. To draw turn it to the right. Maybe I should try it.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Calvin Peete said to draw or fade the ball, all he did was turn his head to the left or right. I heard that a long time ago, so I assume to fade, turn it to the left. To draw turn it to the right. Maybe I should try it.

I think that only works if you wear a nifty driving hat.

Not everyone can pull off that fashion statement.

Bill - 

and you have a withered arm...

• 3 months later...
two months ago I switch to single plane swing (some call it single axis swing, or moe norman's swing)......it fix my huge slice to zero..slice is not in my dictionary anymore now i am struggle with my little draw :)

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

Last year I was the world's worst slicer and it drove me crazy. I would watch and read all the tips about how to fix my slice but none of it seemed to work.

This year I decided to get out my clubs and practice. My slice has now disappeared and I am hitting the ball straight as an arrow. As a righty the only thing I can attribute that to are the following things I am now doing.

1. I am keeping my left arm straight and close to my body throughout my swing

2. On my back swing I stop and focus on the ball before beginning my down swing

3. On my down swing I bring my right elbow in close to my side as I swing down and through the ball

Oh and one other thing I changed is that before my feet use to be flared out but now they are pointed more straight forward.

I don't know why that's made the difference for me, but as long as it continues to work I plan on sticking with it.

two months ago I switch to single plane swing (some call it single axis swing, or moe norman's swing)......it fix my huge slice to zero..slice is not in my dictionary anymore

now i am struggle with my little draw :)

And.......How did you do this?? :roll:

:nike:

And.......How did you do this?? :roll:

first maybe you can google it first: one plane golf swing and also find in youtube: moe norman I am in my final step in adopt moe norman's single swing.....I learn it by my self with trial and error. i will documenting it on youtube when I nearly fully adopt it.

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

Fortunately for Calvin, he probably always came into the ball square. I can turn my head whichever way you want but I'm pretty sure my slice on the longer clubs comes from keeping the clubface open. And no, I haven't fixed it yet :(

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

it's onyl start of the season here in northern germany so i can't quite say that it is fixed, also i never believed in it as a real slice but at the moment everything is going straight somethimes with a slight draw :-) all it took was a lesson with my pro who told me that i didn't quite rotate my arms through impact leaving the clubface open to the path...I have always had a nice in to out swing so after that comment he showed me how to rotate my arms proberly. I hope that i can stick to that feeling through the season and it could be a good one. (also we ever so slightly strenghtened my grip which helped massivly with my 3-wood)

WITB:

| 3-Wood | :callaway: Razr Fit 15°

|  Hybrid | :cobra: Baffler T-Rail 18°

|   Irons  | :tmade: TP CB 5-PW

|  Wedge | :tmade: TP 56/12

|  Putter  | :odyssey: Versa 1w

|    Ball   |  Dx2

|    Bag   | :callaway: Standbag

And.......How did you do this?? :roll:

this video maybe help as starting point: [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAIwyS3DICU[/video]

this video maybe help as starting point:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAIwyS3DICU

On what? :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!