• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • been a while since I have seen it but at one point there was a study shown that showed it actually HURT. People who did the line missed more putts. e the line of people "well it helps me", good for you, overall the stats, at least in that study, said for most golfers it doesn't, and yes I am sure you are the outlier.   To the point it doesn't help...I have twice recently been paired with a guy who very carefully lines up the line, looks from above hole, looks from below the hole, looks from both sides, very carefully aligns it again...and leaves it 6' Does the process again, ships it 4' past the hole and misses by a foot on the low side. That dude can line it up as long and careful as he wants, but until he figures out pace and how to actually read a green, it is pretty worthless.    
    • And...you might meet a guy who will be your go to guy down the road...we were introduced to a fitter. Ended up buying from him...irons and wedges... Still using them...got all kinds of good golf info from him..picked up a used set of ping eye 2's last year for $100...brought to my guy (his house is his temporary covid 19 shop) and got my grips and extra wrap put on in 20 minutes while I waited. He fitted me for a driver three years ago...all in $350 plus almost three hours of time with him. You'll learn about swing speed, what shafts are probably best for you, lie...ask a ton of questions
    • It’s just a money grab!  NCAA can’t have one Conference going rogue.   I’d cancel the season!
    • 92,46/46. Shot 104 on this course the previous time I played it.  I had a no sevens round going until an 8 on a par 4. Total headcase, no reason for it, just plain stupid. Anyway, drives were good, but the 3 wood didn’t cooperate until the 16th hole and a par on the par 5. My putting is terrible. Couldn’t get the first putt to within 3 feet and they were all short. So on the 15th hole, I thought, maybe I’m standing too close to the ball.  So I backed off a bit, extended my arms and it sermed like I could see the line better.  Putts were better after that.  
    • So what? Should the colleges just say, "you know what, you are going to get lots of money anyways, let us use you as indentured workers so we can make millions off your abilities". That is basically the situation college athletes are in when they are in a program that is the money machine for the college. We had indentured workers in the past in this country and as a society we kinda said no. At some level these players need to actually get some value for what they are doing in college. If a junk degree isn't valuable enough then they at least need to make money off their likeness and they need to at least get some sort of compensation from the school.  This just sounds like pettiness.   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. camerongautx
      camerongautx
      (29 years old)
    2. CyboNinja
      CyboNinja
      (39 years old)
    3. Hawk367
      Hawk367
      (53 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...