IGNORED

Bridgestone e6 or srixon q star

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone, I have been playing the bridgestone e6 for a year or so now. I enjoy it but I am looking for a ball that holds the greens better than the e6. I find it rolls to much on short irons and wedges around the green. I would also like a softer feel I played a penta last week enjoyed the soft feeling. As I only have around 6 e6 balls left I need it get more golf balls I was looking at the srixon q star how does this compare to the e6. If the q star was softer and holds the greens I think I would switch to the q star. Would like to hear from anyone who has used both and what your thoughts are. Or if you have any other recommendations. I may even look at the penta at some stage as I enjoyed the feel. I am a 15 handicap. Thanks all

The Q-Star will spin more and should be better at holding greens for sure. If you like Bridgestone, try the e5, a lot softer and spins more than e6 so will help you hold greens - e5 has a urethane cover. I've played the Q-Stars and they are very good balls.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Thanks for the response I was looking at the e5 also so it looks like it could be down to the e5 or the q star. May even look at the hex chrome. I do hear good things about the q star.

Another vote for the Qstar.  One of the best cheap balls I've played.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Try the e5. That is meant for spin around the greens, and has a urethane cover which which will help the ball stick. I play these and I get great spin around the greens. I also tried a sleeve of the Q-Star...the spin isn't there.

http://beyondtherough.blogspot.com/2012/05/golf-ball-review-callaway-hex-chrome-vs.html

I actually had a post on my blog about these golf balls. Check it out for a more descriptive analysis.

Thanks for the responses and thanks for that blog ajst22 very informative. Sounds like the e5 will be my next ball. Does it feel softer than the e6? I prefer the softer feeling golf ball. I do like the e6 was helpful when I was slicing a lot now that i am hitting straighter after lessons I'm after more spin on the greens the e6 runs away too much. E5 looks like the goods.

Originally Posted by clarky75

Thanks for the responses and thanks for that blog ajst22 very informative. Sounds like the e5 will be my next ball. Does it feel softer than the e6? I prefer the softer feeling golf ball. I do like the e6 was helpful when I was slicing a lot now that i am hitting straighter after lessons I'm after more spin on the greens the e6 runs away too much. E5 looks like the goods.

I don't know, but it does have a very soft feel. If you can control your slice, then the e5 is perfect for you. I like a softer feeling ball too, and the spin is basically my number one priority. Just buy a sleeve first to see if you like them before you fully commit

I will get a sleeve of the e5. I got given some penta tp5 I loved the feel today when playing and my iron shots and wedge shots stuck on the green no roll like the e6. Only thing was I was a bit erratic off the tee with the penta. As luck would have it I found a yellow q star on the 15th it was not as good around the green as the penta but my drives were dead straight with good distance with the q star. Always a trade off I guess. The q star was a nice ball though.

I am currently playing the NXT Tour-S, in which I am not a big fan of. The only other mid-priced ball I really liked was the RocketBallz. I wanted to try out the Velocity, but I went with a dozen of the Q-Stars this past weekend after reading so many good reviews on this ball. I haven't hit them yet. We'll see this friday!

Phillip

I bought a dozen velocitys about 6 weeks ago, I Played it though the first, and couldn't stand it.... Went straight back to a z star on the second... The velocitys would be good for someone who hits a nice drive, but doesn't quite get the distance.... For me they ballooned up and were just yuckkk! I gave them to my girlfriend to play with... She got a cheeky extra 10 yards instantly....

Update! I played 9 holes with the Q-Star today. I believe I found a ball to play for the rest of the year! It was long off tee and spin was really good. Great ball!

Phillip

Id have to go with the Q-Star.  The E6 is a great ball if you want to hit it straight but its not going to give you a lot of backspin.  I currently play the E6 and like it but have had many instances where it has cost me strokes because it wont hold the green the way Id like it to.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I havent tried the q star but I think I am going to after this thread. I have to agree with e6 though. I loved the ball until I learned what a ball sticking to the green is and now I cant go back to a ball that will not stop on the green.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I have played the Q-Star for my last 2 rounds. Really like them. Straight off the tee and decent distance.  Just got a new wedge so can't judge green holding yet compared to some of the other balls I have tried.  I also really like the yellow.

I am going to give the e5 a try.  I've read alot of positive reviews and I like to have a softer feeling ball.

I tried a sleeve of the e5 and the q star. I prefer the q star much better for me. Feels nicer good distance holds the green well. The yellow is nice too easy to find. Great ball the q star.

• 4 weeks later...

Have played the E6 for a number of years, tried the E5, not bad, Qstar not impressed.  My ball of chose is the Callaway Hex Chrome.  Distance and straight off tee as is the E6, but the spin on the green is great, Spent alot of time when course was quiet hitting both balls into green from same position using same clubs and the E6 was releasing a good 10-15 ft farther in most cases leading to some nasty putts with ball resting up against tall fringe.  The hex chrome is also available in the yellow which I really like.

• 5 months later...
Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!