IGNORED

Nike Golf - Tiger Woods TW '13 Golf Shoes

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like you'll finally be able to wear the Nike 'Free' golf shoes that Tiger has been wearing for awhile now (I believe since fall of 2011).

They will be sold as the Nike TW'13 golf shoe and are launching on June 8th.

I have a pair of Nike Free 5.0's that I wear to the gym to train in... And they are awesome.  I wouldn't mind trying these TW'13's but at $169ea, I think that is over priced.  What do you guys think?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most all marquee golf shoes are overpriced these days.  I do think the concept of the "free" golf shoe is great, though.  Golf shoes with more flex and movement can never be a bad thing.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Hell for that price use the $20 discount given now and get the TRUELinkswear Stealth and don't look like a tool wearing tennis shoes.  The Stealth does not look like a "clown shoe" like the Tours do.  Although I have both

Just bought this today. EASILY as comfy as true linkswear while not looking like a slipper.  The balance in them is tremendous.  The price was a little steep but I must say they are well worth it.  The wider base allows for stability and better traction, which is very nice.  But the main reason I bought these was the 'free' design.  I'm a high school golfer, leading to the fact that I walk at least 100 holes a week, so light and durable shoes are a must.  The TW emblem on the heel and tongue is probably a major con to some, but if you actually care about your feet and your lower body, you'll get these shoes.

Handicap: 5

Home Course: The Highlands (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

You can't pay to much for comfort and fit with a golf shoe. From someone who has had both feet operated on I don't care what it looks like or how much it costs, if it works for you and is more comfortable that is a good thing. Now I do believe that Nike knows how to market, so wait a year and get these for $50.

Originally Posted by snapjack

You can't pay to much for comfort and fit with a golf shoe. From someone who has had both feet operated on I don't care what it looks like or how much it costs, if it works for you and is more comfortable that is a good thing. Now I do believe that Nike knows how to market, so wait a year and get these for $50.

Amen to that. I'd say 119.99 or so next year. Don't think they'll go down too fast unless Tiger spontaneously loses popularity again.

I thought they would be priced in the $120 range... Kind of surprised they pushed it to $169.  That is excessive - especially when the 'Free' running shoes can be purchased for $90.  Heck, I did the Nike ID (customization) on my free 5.0's and they were $120(ish).  Really think they are jacking the price up simply because they are 'TW' branded.

More info on these (as well as the new Nike Method Midnight putters) in the latest Bag Drop. Check it out.

New Method Putters and TW '13 Shoes from Nike

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

As far as the OPs question as to whether or not $169 is too much, I'd say no. Good, comfortable shoes are worth it. I paid $159 for the TRUE tours when they came out and have since got a pair of the TRUE stealths and they were completely worth every cent. They are extremely comfortable. If you like the way that these look and feel then I'd say go with it. They may not be the "barefoot" platform that TRUE uses, but they are a "natural motion" shoe and I think that's a really good thing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Well a huge difference between the Free 2.0's and the TW 13's is waterproof materials used in the TW 13.  I also have a pair of Free's and they are anything but waterproof. Insanely comfortable though!

Originally Posted by GoldenBearCub

Well a huge difference between the Free 2.0's and the TW 13's is waterproof materials used in the TW 13.  I also have a pair of Free's and they are anything but waterproof. Insanely comfortable though!

I'm sure there are some enhancements between the Free running/training shoe and the TW 13, but fundamentally - it is very similar.  The shoe is made in Asia - no way it cost Nike 47% increase to make the golf shoe over the running shoe.

I have had the Nike Air Range shoes for a year or so and love them. They are very comfortable. But, next year when I get new shoes, these will be something I will look at. I like these style of golf shoes.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by kingscrossgolf

Looks like a nice pair of shoes! Does anyone know what they are made of?

I believe they are made of equal parts:  ego, mopeyness, magic, extreme talent, extreme work ethic, extreme aloofness and crushed ambien.  ;)

Most likely rubber with some kind of leather or leather like upper.  Though tiger's previous pair of shoes had some type of breathable mesh.   Which begs the questions:  what are theydoing about waterproofing?  At that price i would like a 2 year warranty (though you will never see me wearing a tw product)

If the shoes are comfy, $169 is a steal.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I went to Golfsmith today to take a look at them.  First I have to say they are light, but the upper feels very thin and plastic like.  I'd fear that walking in the woods and catching them on a branch the upper would easily tear.  I will say for shoes with cleats they were very light and comfortable much more so than my Adidas Tour 360 4.0's.

I didn't end up buying them because in that class of shoe I prefer the Ecco Biom Hybrids and True Linkswear Stealth I already own.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!