IGNORED

Oddest shot you ever made that looked bad, but turned out good

Josh531
Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year playing one of my local courses I was on the 9th hole which is a short 100 yard par 3 across water - I bladed it and skipped my shot across the water and it landed within 5 feet of the hole, ugliest birdie I've ever made! And actually just today my friend did the same thing on a different course, but he actually hit some water past the hole, somehow it bounced back and the ball ended up inches from the hole which would have made for the ugliest hole in one history! lol.

The only time I took my girlfriend golfing, she ended up in a bunker just off of the third green. She took 5 or 6 shots getting it out with no luck, sand flying in all directions. Finally she connected cleanly with the ball and chipped it onto the green around 7-8 metres away, hit the flag on the full and fell straight down into the hole.

my buddy was teeing off and doctor topped his drive into a grated culvert about 30 yards in front of the tee box

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

I drove into a green-side bunker on a short par 4,  and then bladed my bunker shot because the ball was severely buried....  the ball hit the lip of the bunker,  popped up,  landed on the green and rolled in for an eagle......   it was certainly a creative way to get an eagle!

I teed off on #3 at the local university course. I'd say it was about 260 to the pond and about 330 or so to the green. I made it to the levee at the water....in the adjacent fairway  (hole #1) to my right. No biggie, I have a perfectly clear shot at the green. The golfcart path crosses the pond, splitting the two holes. I take my swing, but I top the ball badly. The ball flies directly at the water andskips off the water underneath the cart path , lands back on the water surface, skips again and pops up into the air, landing and rolling onto the green. My playing partner looked over at me and simply said, "Did that really just happen?".

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

I had a very bad provisional turn out pretty good. My tee shot was left and directly behind a tree, the only shot was sideways back to the fairway. I tried hitting a low running shot with a little speed behind it to bounce through the rough and still make it to the fairway. Well, it didn't come out low and flew across the fairway and I could hear it clattering in the trees in an OB area. Dropped a provisional and made another attempt at the same shot, this one came out low but too much speed and ended up under a tree in the right rough. Now another attempt at a low shot hit a tree and the ball came directly back towards me and came to rest within 2 inches of my first ball that I thought ended up OB! Pick up my provisional and am now hitting 3 instead of 6! Ended up with a bogey but was way better than the 9 or 10 I almost left myself with!

On a 9 hole course I used to play, there were power lines running across the 5th hole. It was a short par 3 and the lines crossed about 10yards in front of the green. Hit my tee shot thin, clipped the power lines, the ball went straight up and landed softly on the green about 3feet from the pin. Missed the putt, but still, the power lines saved me a couple strokes, as the ball would have flown OB over the hole.

Another odd shot, but one that didn't turn out good. A guy in my foursome a couple weeks back hit his drive on the second hole. The tee box was elevated and surrounded by rail road ties. He topped his drive, the ball struck the ties and launched backwards, down the hill about 50 yards behind the tee box. So what was a ~350 yard hole, ended up being 400+ for this guy.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

150 yards out on a par 5.  Was having a terrible time getting the ball to move on the previous 4 shot, that's right 4 shots and I was still 150 yards out.  It was one of those days.  I skulled the ball and it ran through the fairway, up onto the green and into the hole.

On a short par 3, the 9th hole and I was 2 over par... I missed my first and it ended up in a bunker off the side of the green.  I bladed the sand shot and it was set to go forever... it hit the flag (not the stick) and wrapped itself around it then dropped 1 foot from the hole.. nice par for my best round ever!

I really can't think of any stories of my own, but I watched my dad it an awesome shot earlier this year.  We were playing a 220 yard par 3, over a large pond.  I went first and pushed my shot way right of the green, he stood up to the tee box with a yellow srixon he had just found on the last hole, pulled his 3 wood out, and hit a major top.  The ball skipped across the water 3 times, landed in front of the green and bounced over a bunker, and stopped on the green.  He two putted for par. He has referred to that ball as the "Jesus ball" ever since that day, and now he plays yellow balls whenever he finds them.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!