IGNORED

Long Iron Replacement? Really?

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ha. English is not my strong suit. Obviously i mean all but one were good shots.

I figured that's what you meant. [quote name="dhy8386" url="/t/58865/long-iron-replacement-really/18#post_726077"] Yeh the distance improvement was massive - but to your point the hybrid is one degree stronger than my old 4 iron. There are other factors at play that I am now aware of which are that my old irons had way to much spin and the launch angle on the hybrids is much better than my old 4 iron. The proper comparison is probably a new 4 iron in my set which i would probably hit about 200ish but I still am choosing the hybrids every time.[/quote] Cool, I'm glad you were able to get a genuine improvement.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
Hey guys, just visiting from the year 2043. You guys still worrying about fairway woods, I see. My 20 degree sand wedge takes care of that issue. I use it a lot thanks to my 65 inch long driver, can really get it close in there.

That......is......hilarious! Kudos sir.

I just don’t like the look of a Hybrid. I had a 2 Rescue for a while and never got comfortable hitting it. I can hit my 3 iron 230+ so distances wise I’m fine. I put it back in the bag and gave the Rescue to my son.

I found that with the Burner 2.0 irons I didn't want to hit the 4 or 5-iron. I agree that's 24* or lower is better suited to a hybrid. Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I'm far from a consistent ball striker but I had more success with a 3-5 iron than I have had with a hybrid of the same loft. I also see a lot of people offering comments and statements that don't always indicate that hybrids are that easy to hit. Some people seem to really love them, but others seem to have as bad of luck with them as a fairway wood.

Originally Posted by Fromthecoast

... I also see a lot of people offering comments and statements that don't always indicate that hybrids are that easy to hit. Some people seem to really love them, but others seem to have as bad of luck with them as a fairway wood.

Some people have trouble hooking hybrids. If Hs are the only clubs they hook, they might...

• Try a heavier shaft. RBZ hybrids, for example, test out about a half-flex softer than the shaft indicates (see Second Swing review).
  • If the head is standard, switch to a pro/tour head which has less offset. A couple of years ago, I did quite well trying out Callaway and Adams pro/tour hybrids with an R shaft. The versions with standard high offset heads, however, delivered mostly pulled or badly hooked shots.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Do you get mad that new hockey sticks arent made of wood anymore?

Don't make me go all Al MacInnis on you.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!