IGNORED

How did you get your first hole in one? And have you ever been robbed.

VoidOfEnigmas
Note: This thread is 3003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I have never had one but my grandpa had an ace on a really short par 3, like 140 yards or something, and the guys ahead of us stole his ball out of the cup. So I guess you could say he actually was robbed....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have had one ace and it was a short par 3, about 115 yards. Hit just short and left of the pin and released right into the hole. I was out playing with our local golf pro which made it that much better as he is the one that moved my game to where it is now.

I haven't been robbed but when I was coaching the varsity golf team a few years ago was robbed. It is known as the mountain hole, the green sits about 160 feet below the tee and plays about 100 yards. His ball hit right on the edge of the cup on the fly and pushed the ground into the cup. The ground that was pushed into the cup held his ball from going in and his ball was about 3/4 of the way over the cup. 

No holes in one here, but I've stuck many a short par 3 to less than a foot. Never felt robbed though. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've had 5.  My first one was luck in that it hit an undulation on the right side of the green and it kicked dead left, hit the flag and went in.  Subsequent ones were more at the hole.  

I cannot say I feel robbed because 3 of them were luck on whether the ball landed and it happened to go in. 2 were very precise to the hole, although still lucky they went in as opposed to staying out.   Basically a good shot is exactly that, a good shot.  Whether it goes in is a matter of luck, no more than a good putt from 50 feet goes in because you putted it well enough to give it a chance.  

—Adam

3 hours ago, freshmanUTA said:

Well I have never had one but my grandpa had an ace on a really short par 3, like 140 yards or something, and the guys ahead of us stole his ball out of the cup. So I guess you could say he actually was robbed....

That's an awfully bold move. If someone tried to steal a hole in one ball from me I'd bust their driver on the cart path.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Never had one drop but had three lip outs/pin bangers. Made all three putts BTW.

The latest was just last month. Brand new irons in the bag for that round. #3 is the first par three and the first opportunity to hit my new AP-2 6 iron. Didn't even hit it on the range that day for warm-up.  Used my P and 7.  Anyway, nice little soft fade with a right kick and roll. Tracking.....tracking.....tracking.  BANG! Hits the stick and kicks straight right to about a foot.  Can you imagine the story I could have told Titleist about the very first swing with my 6 iron went in the hole? 

I do feel robbed!!!!  And yes you can get robbed! Kharma is a fickle thing.

My first hole-in-one was uphill par 3 (3rd hole at Fossil Trace) from the back tee (151 yds).  The pin was located at back of the green making the distance about 165 + yds.  I hit a nine iron right at the flag, but because it was uphill, I could not see the ball.  Fortunately, a grounds keeper was watching from the top of the cart path waiting for us to clear the green.  After everyone hit, we went to the green but I could not find my ball.  I was looking at the back rough to see if it got buried in deep rough.  That's when the grounds keeper said "check the hole".  He said it landed about a few yards short of the green and rolled in to the hole.

I did get "robbed" of a hole-in-one about 10 years ago.  This was at a different course where you can actually see the green and the hole from the tee box.  I hit the ball perfect and it landed about 5 yds from the pin about 2 yds right of the pin.  The green slopes from right to left, so the ball was tracking right to the hole and stopped at the lip.  If there was any wind, or if the green was dry, it would have dropped in.  But alas, it was early morning with dew on the green.  It stopped the ball from rolling further.  I guess it was not meant to be. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I got one in the summer of 2014 for the first time. Sank a 6-iron shot a week after getting my irons reshafted.

I have been robbed a couple of times: The closest -- Years ago, I dropped a 9-iron shot two feet behind the pin, and it backed up to 2 inches in front.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

On a par 3 hit a PW to a sloped green and put the ball about a foot past the hole and watched it back up past the hole, barely missing it, then rolling another 18 feet off the fringe from where I three putted for bogey.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Note: This thread is 3003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!