IGNORED

Michelle Wie...Will she ever return to her previous form?

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
She can and did! Great win in her home course. She's now won three times. Oddly, never on the Continental U.S., yet twice in North America and never twice in the same country. She's having a good year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Outstanding. I think she moves the needle. Maybe not Tiger levels, but LPGA is exciting when she's striking it well. Thrilled for her. How cool to win on the course where you grew up. She played fearlessly on the back nine.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

So awesome to see that she won. Hopefully her and Lexie and Ko compete for a decade or two

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Outstanding. I think she moves the needle.

Absolutely. I found myself enthralled with the Dinah Shire a couple of weeks ago because of her, and actually watched the first round of this tournament because they featured her. Missed today though because I was playing. ;). Congrats Michelle!!

I think she moves the needle.

Great win for her career...but I don't think she's moving any needles.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator

Nope. Only "real" golf fans tuned in to watch today. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/59296/michelle-wie-will-she-ever-return-to-her-previous-form/120#post_979568"] Nope. Only "real" golf fans tuned in to watch today. ;-)[/quote]Well, two weeks ago and on Wednesday, she moved MY needle.

Hopefully Michelle and Lexi will keep playing well, think it would be great for the tour and women's golf in general.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My favorite post round celebration.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My favorite post round celebration. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96486/] [/URL]

Very cool. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/59296/michelle-wie-will-she-ever-return-to-her-previous-form/120#post_979559"] She's having a good year.[/quote] #1 in GIR for 2014 so far. That's pretty good form, but we will see if she can keep the momentum rolling. I think April 2014, we may have the answer for the thread's initial question from June 2012: "Will she return to her previous form ?"

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

My favorite post round celebration. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96486/] [/URL]

Wie was not into it at all. Her face was like "are we done yet?" from the start. I'm assuming she's not a dancer.

Wie was not into it at all. Her face was like "are we done yet?" from the start. I'm assuming she's not a dancer.

She looked she was having a lot of fun doing this to me.

She looked she was having a lot of fun doing this to me.

Yeah?  Maybe I misread.  I thought it looked like an embarrassed smile, but I was only guessing based on body language, and if there is one thing that I am most certainly NOT an expert in ... it's reading females. :beer:

The hula is a very spiritual dance for native Hawaiians; many non-natives who spent their entire lives in Hawaii and embraced the culture as their own feel the same way.  It's not so much a dance as it is a form of expression.  I'd classify Wie as a non-native who is true kama'aina and probably takes these things very personally.

Anywho...

Michelle's ball striking is pretty amazing this year.  You realize how good she's been hitting it when you think about all the really short putts she has missed over the last few events, yet she's held a Sunday lead and nearly won more than once prior to this week.  Glad she could finally make it happen.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I was just totally focused on the one on the left an barely noticed whether Michelle was doing it right! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Moving the needle? Maybe a little, keep winning and she will start to draw attention. For me, Michelle playing made me not only tune in, but watch it over the men this week. A final round with Wie is more interesting to me than a 3rd round of the tournament after the Masters...

Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!