The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Instant classic, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I think you win the award for find-of-the-month this month.

I don't mean to poop in anybody's corn flakes (wait ... am I suppose to say pee?  Whatever ... something gross) but I got the impression that the dude wrote that on purpose to be funny.  In spite of the lack of a smiley, I thought the "(anybody?)" addition was him tapping the mic and saying "is this thing on??"

I guess that's possible, but it just seemed so out of nowhere if done intentionally. If it was intentional I think he would've wrote something more along the lines of "Get it? Spiderface...? But yeah, benefit of the doubt.

And so much for having corn flakes for breakfast today.

Bill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could it be an alter ego of the mad genius himself..............GILBERG!!! (play scary horror movie music)

dak4n6

Quote:
I actually really like the CLA. It has a really luxurious look to it. I think everything about it, including the curves and lines just make it a gorges car. That being said. I do have some mixed emotions about its rear. But overall i think it really is a gorges car. But i would still have to go with the bimmer. Mercedes are just to plush for me.

Wasn't gonna post this here until the 2nd offense of the same kind.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Quote:
I actually really like the CLA. It has a really luxurious look to it. I think everything about it, including the curves and lines just make it a gorges car. That being said. I do have some mixed emotions about its rear. But overall i think it really is a gorges car. But i would still have to go with the bimmer. Mercedes are just to plush for me.

Wasn't gonna post this here until the 2nd offense of the same kind.

And all this time I had no idea that there are cars designed specifically to funciton in gorges. Learn somfin every day...

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

And all this time I had no idea that there are cars designed specifically to funciton in gorges. Learn somfin every day...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Nevermind.

It's only funny because GD stole my line and then eff'd it up.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

It's only funny because GD stole my line and then eff'd it up.

Well, in my defense, I was actually exasperated.  I started to write another explanation, this just said 'I give up.'

And for the prosecution ... I absolutely thought of you and remembered that you used the line so well recently.

I don't know, is it still plagiarism if it was a genuine feeling I was having?

Verdict:  Probably.

Well, in my defense, I was actually exasperated.  I started to write another explanation, this just said 'I give up.'

And for the prosecution ... I absolutely thought of you and remembered that you used the line so well recently.

I don't know, is it still plagiarism if it was a genuine feeling I was having?

Verdict:  Probably.

No worries, use it all you like. I know that "exasperated" feeling and sometimes "never mind" is the least messy way out. It's not like I can claim it as intellectual property, now SergioFace ™ on the other hand...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Learn something new every day.  I thought this was a big gaffe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

I tee up the ball. Then I go hide in the bushes and scope out the ball with my periscope until I think it is not looking, this might take 2-10 minutes. Then I jump up  and yell attack!!! Smack it on the run.

Okay I stand behind the ball and pick an aimpoint. Address the ball and set up, slight waggle insinuating the backswing. Then take my swing. Prob 10-15 secs

But I suppose it kinda works under this definition:

Quote:
to bring or introduce into a position or relation by indirect or artful methods: to insinuate oneself into favor.

Judge's ruling?  I still think he was going for "initiating."

to bring or introduce into a position or relation by indirect orartful methods: to insinuate oneself into favor.

What the hell is "orartful"?????

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

What the hell is "orartful"?????

Ha, I think that was a formatting error when copying/pasting from the website.  It should read "or artful."

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Ha, I think that was a formatting error when copying/pasting from the website.  It should read "or artful."

O.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Zachari208

I hope their dicks, i dont want any candy coating, just facts and brut honesty.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I was 16 or 17yrs old.... And played in the US Junior Amateur qualifier in the summer of 1994. The first day was held at Wedgewood Country Club in Powell... I shot a 76 and was in the top 50 of the leader board. And then on the 2nd day at Muirfield Village on the tournament course... I blew my load and nearly shot 100. The course is not easy... And it beat my ass. First it was the longest course I had played to that date... And the course had very long rough. So if you missed the fairway, your ball wasn't going anywhere. In fact, it was hard to find shots in the rough that day.... And I hit more 3i/4i/5i that day than I care to remember.

It was the first time and last time I ever got to play the course.... And while I had a local caddy who's family were members on my bag, with a great deal of knowledge of the course, there are a lot of shots where you need to place the ball accordingly - or run the risk of hitting into a stream/hazard. And unfortunately for me... I wasn't playing well that day and struggled to keep the ball in the short grass. It was one helluva a tough track for me. I think today, if I played it again, it would be easier because I've gotten longer off the tee, and stronger... And would be able to manage my way around the course more so than when I was a 125lbs soaking wet with stick legs that looked like I was sitting on a chicken.

I have to wonder if the caddy's job wouldn't have been a bit easier, and consequently your score a bit better, if his entire family didn't spend the whole round on your bag?

I also wonder how, exactly, one is allowed to priviledge to become a member of your bag??

I have to wonder if the caddy's job wouldn't have been a bit easier, and consequently your score a bit better, if his entire family didn't spend the whole round on your bag?

I also wonder how, exactly, one is allowed to priviledge to become a member of your bag??

First, you're a dbag.  Now that we got that straight... Let me answer your question!

a.) I had never played the course, so we contacted the tournament director and they got us in contact with the course.

b.) The course then made a recommendation on a caddie... A caddie who's Father was a member - and he was in college trying to make a few extra bucks on the side

c.) My caddy knew the course well.  Unfortunately for me... It didn't help.

Actually, he's a GDbag.

Yours in earnest, Jason.