IGNORED

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

jaywalking is ILLEGAL too.

and in many jurisdictions, marijuana is a violation, which is not a crime.  So stick that in your bong and smoke it.

Anyway, weed is part of the fabric of golf culture in america.  Embrace it.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

and in many jurisdictions, marijuana is a violation, which is not a crime.  So stick that in your bong and smoke it.

Any chance we can get your avatar changed to this:

spicoli-dude.jpg

• Upvote 1

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Anyway, ______is part of the fabric of golf culture in america.  Embrace it.

I have no experience with golf in "america", but in Canada I never see it very often. Not as often as when playing ball, but more often than when playing hockey. Much less than when playing Dungeons and Dragons. We also tend to not carry weapons to, from, or on the course.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I have no experience with golf in "america", but in Canada I never see it very often. Not as often as when playing ball, but more often than when playing hockey. Much less than when playing Dungeons and Dragons. We also tend to not carry weapons to, from, or on the course.

Got to protect your stash.

• Upvote 1

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Same here in CA. my wife is a nurse and can also lose her license for smoking the happy lettuce or getting a DUI.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

If you get a possession charge, it can be on your record for a number of years.  That means potential employers are likely to see it. I'd rather not give them any reason not to hire me, therefore, I avoid marijuana.  If you want to smoke it, that's fine. However, to say it is harmless isn't true. It can cause things that may affect others more than the user, such as impaired perception or loss of coordination when used irresponsibly .  The biggest example I can think of would be operating a vehicle under the influence.  That sounds pretty harmful to me.  It comes down to being able to responsibly use anything.  Alcohol, weed, cough syrup, whatever.  If you know your limits and control yourself, it can be safe, but at the same time it can be incredibly harmful if you're negligent.

Troll

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Same here in CA. my wife is a nurse and can also lose her license for smoking the happy lettuce or getting a DUI.

I believe this stands true for anyone within the field of education as well?  Most districts are pretty strict with revoking teaching licenses for elementary teachers.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I believe this stands true for anyone within the field of education as well?  Most districts are pretty strict with revoking teaching licenses for elementary teachers.

Bingo.  I'm currently getting a Master of Arts in Teaching, and one of our first classes dealt with this.  They don't play around.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

wow...I can't believe this thread is still going!!

If you don't want to get paired with a stoner, play nicer courses

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I generally consider professional licenses to be something like a bar membership, medical license, financial license, or other form of governing body seeing over a profession that requires entrance to, and continued membership in.

Even if you throw a CDL into this (not sure if I would consider it a professional license, but for the sake of argument let's do it), can you lose a CDL for mere possession of marijuana?  I don't know of any states where you could.  You could lose your CDL for distribution of controlled substances and marijuana.  You can lose your license for driving while impaired on marijuana.  But mere possession of marijuana absent any aggravating factors?  If so, I would assume that would be a minority of jurisdictions.

I did a quick google search and don't see any jurisdictions that will revoke a CDL for a mere possession of marijuana charge:

Illinois - http://www.illinoistrafficlaws.us/2012/02/11/grounds-for-disqualification-of-illinois-cdls/

Georgia - http://www.ms-firm.com/georgia_ga_cdl_lawyer_attorney.html

I think Ohio might be one of the few states that could possibly carry a CDL suspension for a marijuana possession.  So, there is one professional license (debatable) in a minority of jurisdictions that MAY (but might not) be temporarily suspended due to marijuana possession.  Hardly a huge ordeal.

You do realize that possession of marijuana for a truck driver with a CDL could be considered trafficking/intent to distribute as you are in possession while performing a job that requires travel? There have been cases of this.

I don't know why I'm attempting to educate with someone that has more holes in their logic than laced swiss cheese. This has become as senseless as listening to Mike Tyson.

EDIT: Weed is also not a part of any fabric in America, let alone golf culture. It may be the very fabric that is keeping your mental capacity from advancing beyond that of a three-toed sloth.

There are actually valid arguments on both sides here.  Just last night on the news I saw where in my state (IL) they have changed (softened) the marijuana laws/penalties in Chicago.  While it remains illegal everywhere, the penalties in many cases are very minor, and are going more in that direction.

But, to suggest it cannon have an effect on many jobs and other ramifications is just completely wrong.  And to suggest it is a fabric or culture accross the board in any society or sport is also completely wrong.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

This is how I feel. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Idiot politicians wasting tax payers money. Employers have every right to have people sober on the job.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

You won't lose your security clearance for jaywalking, but you will if you test positive for pot or any other ILLEGAL drug.  Drop this weed is part of golf culture crap, it makes you sound more foolish than all your other posts do which is not an easy task.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!