IGNORED

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Well she obviously looks like she knows the internet like the back of her hand and refers to her dad as jetknicks1. The stick in your butt shorty has a stick in its butt. Do people follow you around on the internet everwhere you go?

Yeah....mighty uncool of me to look down my nose at people who need to take drugs on a golf course. I need to chill.

In my book, if you need recreational drugs to make your life better, then you've got bigger problems than me.

I've spent enough time with users to know what they're like and, thankfully, it never occurred to me, until this thread that there were people so ***ked up that they have to smoke joints on the course.

Funny how they are the ones who get more idignant that those who oppose them.

I agree that an alcoholic might be worse company, but for goodness' sake, smoking dope on a golf course?????

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Yeah....mighty uncool of me to look down my nose at people who need to take drugs on a golf course. I need to chill.

In my book, if you need recreational drugs to make your life better, then you've got bigger problems than me.

I've spent enough time with users to know what they're like and, thankfully, it never occurred to me, until this thread that there were people so ***ked up that they have to smoke joints on the course.

Funny how they are the ones who get more idignant that those who oppose them.

I agree that an alcoholic might be worse company, but for goodness' sake, smoking dope on a golf course?????

LOL....you just need to be a little less concerned about what others choose to do or not do.....seriously, a couple drags off a J would prolly do you some good

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I think it's hilarious that this grumpy old man, with a wet cat as an avatar, is so upset about what other adults choose to do.

You sound like a treat to hang out with.  You are completely ignorant when it comes to any factual information surrounding marijuana.  Please refrain from speaking about something that you obviously know nothing at all about because you sound like a fool.

For the record, I do not smoke marijuana on the golf course.  I do however understand that it is harmless and was originally made illegal for political and financial reasons.  If you took the time to research history instead of mumbling incessantly like a fool, you might know this.

Go back to your grumpy old man bubble and stop worrying so much about what other grown adults do in their spare time.

That's the end of my rant.

Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

I do however understand that it is harmless .

Then you undestand wrong.

You claim to be educated about the history of marijuana , but claim that it is harmless!

And then you say that I am ignorant!

Anyone who thinks that marijuana is harmless has obviously smoked too much of it.

But then, cancer and brain damage aren't really "harm", are they?

Really, you can smoke as much as you like - but don't kid yourself into thinking it is harmless.

As I said earlier, the grumpiest and angriest people in this thread are those who in sist on their "right" to do something that is illegal, antisocial and unheathy.

I have worked with too many adults and youths whose brains are irreparably damaged by "soft" drugs like marijuana.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Then you undestand wrong.

You claim to be educated about the history of marijuana , but claim that it is harmless!

And then you say that I am ignorant!

Anyone who thinks that marijuana is harmless has obviously smoked too much of it.

But then, cancer and brain damage aren't really "harm", are they?

Really, you can smoke as much as you like - but don't kid yourself into thinking it is harmless.

As I said earlier, the grumpiest and angriest people in this thread are those who in sist on their "right" to do something that is illegal, antisocial and unheathy.

I have worked with too many adults and youths whose brains are irreparably damaged by "soft" drugs like marijuana.

I do not use illegal substances such as marijuana but allowing the government to dictate what is "safe" for us to consume in some ways works very well but the politicking of big tobacco and alcohol as well as people deeming that they are protecting people from themselves. I am sorry but alcohol has damaged more livers and brains as well as promoted more violence than marijuana has ever done. Alcohol has proven to be a frequent cause of death, loss of jobs and health. Tobacco is not as bad as the nicotine in fused in it. That drug should be illegal.

Marijuana however has many healing properties and is not linked to violence. I do not feel smoking it is the correct way to use its properties.

The problem with anything is just like golf, it is the indian not the arrow. Shorty you probably have some really good friends that participate and function highly in your society and use pot frequently. They know not to say word one to the whistle blower that judges everyone. People can enjoy alcohol and pot in moderation and some can't. I suppose you never go over the speed limit? Illegal is illegal.

I could go on about how the government should stay out of our business but those "soft" brained individuals ruin it by needing monitored.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Marujuana is harmless and hemp is part of the fabric of golf culture.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Never see it where I'm at, wouldn't play with people doing it either. What you choose to do in the privacy of your own home is none of my business and I couldn't care less if you smoke from the time you wake up til you pass out in a cheeto induced coma but in public and around me, get real.

Some people amaze me, golfers have a meltdown over cargo shorts but illegal drug use is fine and others should "lighten up" hahahahaha.

• Upvote 1

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

I don't believe in deleting things like this. They hide the fact that he said them. MrSandman has done enough now that he can spent a day in the clink.

I know it's none of my business Erik, but what exactly did the Man do to deserve suspension? I've read much worse than what he's said around here the past year or so.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

I know it's none of my business Erik, but what exactly did the Man do to deserve suspension? I've read much worse than what he's said around here the past year or so.

I am not going to engage with Iaacas as he apparently has thin skin on this issue, but my interpretation is this:

-  Augusta is a notoriously bigoted golf course (nobody can argue that point with a straight face)

-  I said that weed smokers are not as bad as bigots (to a person endorsing bigotry by endorsing Augusta)

-  I got banned for a day

Apparently bigots are not as bad as weed smokers, and comments to the contrary are worthy of suspension.  I disagree, but I'm not about to make a big stink about it.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

for people new to arguing about weed on the internet, here's a brief tip:

you cannot argue against smoking weed on the internet (or probably in real life for that matter).

i'm not saying that because there aren't arguments against it, just that you will never, ever win and your ideas/arguments will never be taken seriously.

that's just the way it is. legality, health effects, common courtesy, etc. aren't going to work.

just give up this argument and move on.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by MrSandman

I am not going to engage with Iaacas as he apparently has thin skin on this issue, but my interpretation is this:

-  Augusta is a notoriously bigoted golf course (nobody can argue that point with a straight face)

-  I said that weed smokers are not as bad as bigots (to a person endorsing bigotry by endorsing Augusta)

-  I got banned for a day

Apparently bigots are not as bad as weed smokers, and comments to the contrary are worthy of suspension.  I disagree, but I'm not about to make a big stink about it.

Augusta was historicly racist. A club for white, rich, male golfers. I don't think anyone is debating that fact. As a matter of fact, if not for PGA golfers of other races playing there, I doubt there are a lot of colored members there, nor would they be invited. So yes, you are correct in saying that Augusta is bigoted. At the same time, its a private club, and it is their right to decide who can and cant join. Fact of the matter is, it is irrelevant to the discussion.

Pot is illegal. I don't agree with Shorty's assessment of it, Shorty doesnt have to have any facts to have an opinion, and arguing with people like that is senseless. Pot does not cause brain damage, period. It can cause paranoia and depression to people who are already susceptible to those things. And overuse of it can cause temporary 'burnout', which is what you see in extreme potheads. Quitting for a couple of weeks will and does bring them right back to normal.

Like I said, I do it every feww weeks. Just like ill have 3-4 beer every two weeks. I would prefer pot over booze, for sure.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Hey, Augusta is a private club and has the right to be a bunch of bigots.  That said, they are still a bunch of bigots there.

I don't want anybody with an avatar promoting bigotry to speak down to somebody about smoking weed.  Bigotry is much, much worse than a little pot smoking.

What's in the bag

Hey, Augusta is a private club and has the right to be a bunch of bigots.  That said, they are still a bunch of bigots there.

I don't want anybody with an avatar promoting bigotry to speak down to somebody about smoking weed.  Bigotry is much, much worse than a little pot smoking.

you are comparing apples to oranges, getting bent out of shape about someones golf avatar on a golf website, and making an argument about racism (you can say bigotry, but you mean racism) in a thread about smoking weed is the definition of derailing a thread.

a person's opinion should not be dismissed because of their avatar, especially when it's a golf avatar on a golf website. maybe he supports the PGA playing at augusta to tear down some of those walls, and that's why he has it up.

or maybe that's just an interesting few holes to watch the worlds best play at.

you want to know what's wrong with your argument (besides being completely off base and off topic), you get all mad at the guy for posting something that goes against your belief of not being able to do whatever you want, wherever you want, but you hate augusta because they do what they want, but you don't like and don't think they should be able to do it.

so freedom to do what you want only applies if it fits into your lens of how things should be.

• Upvote 1

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Sorry, but if some jagoff wants to promote bigotry with their avatar, I don't want to hear them complaining about people smoking pot.  They should deal with their own bigotry issues and stop telling others what they can and cannot do on a golf course.

And Augusta is a private course, so they can be bigots.  But that means that anybody using Augusta as their avatar also promotes bigotry.

Sorry, but I don't respect bigotry.

What's in the bag

Sorry, but if some jagoff wants to promote bigotry with their avatar, I don't want to hear them complaining about people smoking pot.  They should deal with their own bigotry issues and stop telling others what they can and cannot do on a golf course.

And Augusta is a private course, so they can be bigots.  But that means that anybody using Augusta as their avatar also promotes bigotry.

Sorry, but I don't respect bigotry.

you are completely unreasonable and simple minded.

by your logic everyone who has ever watched or participated in golf played at augusta is a bigot as well because they've helped support it, certainly more than someone who just has a picture of it.

sounds crazy right? that's because it is. no one has said anything bigoted in this thread, you just don't like his argument so you pick out something completely unrelated and jump on that instead of just talking about your difference in opinion.

stop posting useless nonsense and get on topic or i'm willing to bet you're going to get banned again. it's not hard to figure out, but i'm sure you'll have trouble getting it.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

• Administrator

He's behaving like a troll. He's not been banned, and the "much worse" things you've seen have typically been one-offs. This is constant, repeated trolling and just generally stupid behavior. [quote name="MrSandman" url="/t/59516/how-often-do-you-encounter-people-who-smoke-a-joint-during-a-round/100_100#post_730903"] I am not going to engage with Iaacas as he apparently has thin skin on this issue, but my interpretation is this:[/quote] Yeah, you pegged me wrong. I'm thin skinned on people smoking a joint? I'm fairly certain my only comments thus far have been that I don't play with people who toke up when we play. That's it. I couldn't care less if someone wants to smoke. I do care that you're behaving like a troll. P.S. Post right above mine - you pegged it. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!