IGNORED

What's the hottest weather you've ever golfed in?

divot dave
Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played in 106* last summer walking. Texas summers are hot, and they come with 50% humidity to boot. Being where I am I will be routinely playing in 95*+ and 50%+ humidity during the summer. After a while the sweat and humidity puts a thin layer of slickness between you and the grip. I have to be aggressive in wiping down my grips and glove in order to hold onto it well.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Northern Califronia and while it's not Texas it does get hot here in the Bay Area on occasion. Now to my wuss post. Last summer, I left work early skipped lunch and went to the driving range on a 100 plus degree day. (Dont ask me why) But yeah I fainted halfway through my large bucket.

Not one of my finer moments!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

It's routinely over 110 F here in the Kingdom (Saudi Arabia).  Typically, from July through August it's over 120 F.  We just keep playing.  We also have lights on the front 9 so night golf is nice.  The hottest I've golfed in is 125 F.

Today it's 47 C or 117 F

http://www.arabiangolf.com/

Occam's razor

I haven't been out when it was TOO extreme, the usual Long Island summer in the upper 90's with humidity about the same. Those conditions don't bother me too much- we've played in Orlando in August..at 11 am just to get the cheap rate. The worst thing I come across is when you're standing on the green and it's turned into a large skillet if the sun has been out all day. We don't dawdle when we can almost feel our plastic spikes melting.

Fifteen years ago, I walked, carrying my bag in 109 degree heat. I was the only person on the golf course.The pro shop guy recommended that I not go out there, but it was the only day I could play golf that week. No way would I do that now. I'll still play on a hot day, but tee off early in the am to finish before it gets over 100 (I use a push cart now)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I live in Atlanta and have played it 100+ before.  The temps are bearable but the high temp and high humidity will kill you.  I remember sweating like a "ten cent wh0re on nickle night."  Thank the Lord above for DriTec gear.

if you're gonna play golf in Texas you better get used to 100+ degree days.

During summer it's 100 by 10am and doesn't slip into the 90's until long after dark.

So I went and played yesterday after work. By the time I got there it was 95 with 40% humidity. I decided to walk the course to tough it out like some of you posters in here. I sweated like crazy but there was a nice little breeze... wasn't too bad. Hit one of my better rounds, mostly bogeys, 1 double and 1 triple through 7 holes before it got a little too dark to see the ball off the tee.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by divot dave

So I went and played yesterday after work. By the time I got there it was 95 with 40% humidity. I decided to walk the course to tough it out like some of you posters in here. I sweated like crazy but there was a nice little breeze... wasn't too bad. Hit one of my better rounds, mostly bogeys, 1 double and 1 triple through 7 holes before it got a little too dark to see the ball off the tee.

Well done. A buddy of mine and I were thinking of going out yesterday or today but decided against it. I'll make up for it next week.

Where'd you end up playing? (I'm up in Montgomery County)

A 134 degrees? Why wonder they called the golf course "Furnace Creek".

Doubt there are many creeks around.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

if you're gonna play golf in Texas you better get used to 100+ degree days.  During summer it's 100 by 10am and doesn't slip into the 90's until long after dark.

That was the thing that threw me the first year I moved there from CA. It was northern CA and the summer's were maybe 5ish degrees cooler and dry with no humidity. But what a difference it made. I tried to out-wait the heat and play in twilight hours, but it's still really hot at 5 pm. I was used to at least getting cool nights and cool evenings, but that strategy wasn't as effective here. I still play twilight and super-twilight hours, because at least the sun isn't directly on you and you've lost a bit of the heat's edge. That's still worth quite a bit, IMO.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I think yesterday was the day. I shot 78, tying my best round ever. But it was 34*C, and humid as hell. Didnt see a single golfer drinking beer. Everyone had iced water coolers and the like, and were staying very hydrated. During our league, we dont use carts. But we had a few of them out patrolling the course with those big orange water coolers, making sure everyone stayed hydrated. I had also brought a load of salt tabs that I passed out to anyone who wanted them. All in all the heat was terrible, but everyone was well taken care of.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Last summer I played a round in Florida. The was hot and very humid and the heat index was 114.

I'm not that good, and it's the one and only time my score was lower than the temperature.

I'm 57 and it was brutal for me. Never again.

Temps in low 100's with a heat index in the low 110's.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

I've played in Costa Rica, New Mexico, and Florida, all in the summer. The heat wasn't particularly pleasant in any of those locations.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Played 36 in vegas when it was like 110

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I live in Texas - N. Texas - walked 18 with my son when I was over 50 yr old in 100+ heat without shade about 4 years ago.

That was hot.

I will still play in 100+ weather this season but in a cart. And will be on the range when it's warm, as it was last weekend - mid-90s and sunny.

Bring lots of water.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Living in San Antonio, I lpay often in 105-110 heat daily. The humidity is usually very high (use to live in S. Florida so I understand the level oh humidity). Typically sweet is just pouring from my body.

Last summer was San Antonios hottest summer ever, recorded.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!