IGNORED

What's the hottest weather you've ever golfed in?

divot dave
Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played Saturday afternoon, 95 deg with a heat index of 111. Pounded water all day and kept soaking a towel at the water stations to wipe down my head, face & arms. Just totally wiped out at the end of that round.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played june 30...it was 99 in bethesda and an index of 115*...we teed off at 1:05 and ended at 5:40...i've never, nor will ever play golf in that kind of heat again. un.bearable.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

it was in the mid 90s and pretty high humidity in memphis. it wouldn't have been too bad except i wore a 100% cotton shirt and it just felt terrible. i laughed when my grandfather took a towel from the hotel room with him, but by the 8th hole i could have used a couple.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I play 30 miles north of New Orleans, and use a pull cart--I'm 62 and starting playing again back in October. It was pretty nice until about a

month ago and then really started ramping up. 95 to 103 every day with humidity over 75 %--the days the breeze is down are the

worse. You need to switch to a dry glove every 6 holes and constantly towel off. I carry a 1/2 gallon igloo drink cooler filled with ice and water;

you really need to drink at least that much for 18 holes. I used to only wear 100 % cotton in the summer but about a year ago discovered

that the wicking polyester shirts were way cooler, especially in white. The worse thing is dealing with pop up thunderstorms and several

days in a row of heavy rains even though it knocks the temps down.

I played Curahee in Toccoa last week, it was 107*  That has to eb the hottest I've ever played in. It was crazy.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

I posted a couple of days ago about playing in 111. Yesterday, we played a different course and they had watered heavily right before we teed off. It was 'only' 100 when we started, but the heat/water vapor/humidity (or whatever was making the air stifling) was almost unbearable, and there was not a breath of air. After three holes, I thought, "If it stays like this, I won't make it." The moisture finally burned off and we finished in 111 again. More of the same is predicted today. Man, 95 would feel positively arctic right about now! P. S. Re: the 'half-gallon' post above: Not sure about others, but I'm drinking over 128 ozs. of liquid in this heat and I never have to make a pit stop. Two guys in our group yesterday said they drank 4 bottles of water and made it sound like it was a lot for them. No wonder they looked like they needed wheelchairs walking off 18. I hate to get in anyone's business, but I think I'll make it a point to encourage my group today to inhale fluid. I'd hate to see anyone get heat stroke,

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Last weekend the heat index was up to 110° here in Northeast Ohio. I set up a 7 AM tee-time and it was already 78° outside when I woke up at 4:30 AM. By 7 AM it was 83° and climbing several degrees per hour. By 10:30 when my buddy and I were done, the giant thermometer outside of the clubhouse was reading 101° and I never felt so exhausted in my life.

What a blessing this cold front has been this week so far though, back down to the low-mid 80's and loving it!

• Administrator

Played in 110 degree heat (caddied, actually - Dave played) at French Lick a few years ago.

Just walked 18 at Kiawah Island when it was 95+ this past weekend.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Played in 110 degree heat (caddied, actually - Dave played) at French Lick a few years ago.

Just walked 18 at Kiawah Island when it was 95+ this past weekend.

Walking in 95+ is insane my dude... I would definitely be perched up in a cart with a cold one offering you a towel.

PS: Not that disgusting, yellow TERRIBLE TOWEL that they began making in Ohio either!

Originally Posted by Spyder

Walking in 95+ is insane my dude... I would definitely be perched up in a cart with a cold one offering you a towel.

PS: Not that disgusting, yellow TERRIBLE TOWEL that they began making in Ohio either!

when i caddied the st jude pro am for my grandfather he got a cart exemption because of a recent hip replacement, so i was the only caddie carting around. it was in the 90s and humid, and to make it more embarrassing after the first hole he decided that he didn't need the cart and would rather walk, but i didn't have anywhere to dump it so i just zipped around on the cart all round and ran over and met him at the ropes to give him his club. the other caddies gave me a hard time on the greens, although our pro (vaughn taylor) wasn't complaining when i gave him a ride over to the rib tent in between teeboxes.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Ok, my driver shaft is busted and I didn't want to tee off with my 3 wood all day. So I hit the pitching and putting greens two days ago for a couple hours in 115° . Tied an all time record for that day in Vegas. All I can tell you is, practicing on the putting greens and chipping greens is way, way hotter then golfing a round. Driving the cart around and sitting under a tree every now and again makes a huge difference. I'm usually not affected by the heat to much, but I will never practice in 115 weather ever again. Shooting a round no problem, but practicing, forget about it.

Sincerely, Jim

Ok, my driver shaft is busted and I didn't want to tee off with my 3 wood all day. So I hit the pitching and putting greens two days ago for a couple hours in [SIZE=14px] 115° [/SIZE]. Tied an all time record for that day in Vegas. All I can tell you is, practicing on the putting greens and chipping greens is way, way hotter then golfing a round. Driving the cart around and sitting under a tree every now and again makes a huge difference. I'm usually not affected by the heat to much, but I will never practice in 115 weather ever again. Shooting a round no problem, but practicing, forget about it.

I played early that morning, came home, then went to the range to practice. Like you said, I just wilted in 115 trying to hit balls and putt. Didn't do anything Wednesday because of Tuesday's heat/experience. Yesterday morning was awesome, though. Got to the course and there was cloud cover, something we almost never get in Vegas. Throw a little breeze in and it was a perfect golfing day.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Abu Dhabi in August:

Actual Temperature: 124 I don't even want to think about the heat index.

Relative humidity: 98%

Come get some!! That's why the pros come through in January!

Kuwait and Qatar are higher on the temperature at around 128 but the humidity in Abu Dhabi made it the worst I've ever played in.  Oh and don't think that an early tee time is gonna give you a break because the temps only drop about 10-15 degrees at night over here at this time of year!

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Ok, my driver shaft is busted and I didn't want to tee off with my 3 wood all day. So I hit the pitching and putting greens two days ago for a couple hours in 115°. Tied an all time record for that day in Vegas. All I can tell you is, practicing on the putting greens and chipping greens is way, way hotter then golfing a round. Driving the cart around and sitting under a tree every now and again makes a huge difference. I'm usually not affected by the heat to much, but I will never practice in 115 weather ever again. Shooting a round no problem, but practicing, forget about it.

I agree it feels hotter practicing the short game especially when no breeze is blowing. But --playing, and pullng a cart is rough because of the sweat factor--full swings with damp

gloves and grips can lead to disaster and a nasty mood. One guy in our group never uses his honor on the tee--he's too busy toweling off!

I have played many times in 98+ temps. Many years ago I walked 58 holes in 96 - 98 degree with my then 62 year old father on Okoboji View golf course. There was a spot you could cut across and return to the clubhouse after the 4th hole, almost no one else was out there. We did leave the course after 36 for lunch at Dairy Queen, about 1 hr break. I couldn't do that now and I am 56. Maybe they really were tougher back then. I do frequently practice in hot weather, practicing is tougher than playing but I do believe since I do it a lot your body adapts. Humidity is the other factor. I will take 105 in Phoenix over 95 in say south Alabama or Florida any day. Eastern Nebraska is much more humid than you would expect, only 5-10 % less than Mobile Alabama where I once lived. I believe I read that the higher humidity keeps the temperature down a bit. That would explain why we have more 100 degree days here, ocean breezes also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

did you hear how much they were whinning about how hot it was at the true southern classic in madison MS. i live 15 mins away from madison. it wasnt nothing compare to what it was like a few weeks ago. they arent used to all this humidity we have. now if it would of been in the 100's like a few weeks ago with the same or worst humidity they would really be passing out lol

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!