IGNORED

What's the hottest weather you've ever golfed in?

divot dave
Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im just north of ATL and i played about 3 weeks ago. The forecast said it was going to hit 103. So I look at my weather app on hole 3 and it says 108.  It was complete hell. NO wind, NO clouds, just heat out the ass.

I drunk 12 bottles of water that day and did not pee once.  That tells you how much I was losing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Darksun22

Im just north of ATL and i played about 3 weeks ago. The forecast said it was going to hit 103. So I look at my weather app on hole 3 and it says 108.  It was complete hell. NO wind, NO clouds, just heat out the ass.

I drunk 12 bottles of water that day and did not pee once.  That tells you how much I was losing.

I grew up in atlanta, sandy springs to be exact. I live in Oklahoma now. This past Saturday I started at 8:30am and by the time I finished it was 104. I find it real hard to get motivated to practice when the temp is in the upper 90's.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

I have played about 25 rounds in Las Vegas over the years, but there was one day over 120 that stands out. I think we were the only two people out on the course (Desert Pines), so we played in 2:45 and I tied my career best round of 72!

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I live in Columbia South Carolina where the motto for our city is literally "Famously Hot". During summer, and last month even, we get temperatures in the 100's but with the 100% humidity and no wind the heat index can get as high as 115-120 degrees. It is ridiculous Heat and hard to breathe if you aren't from here but I've lived in SC all my life and love the heat. All my northern friends stay in so I have to play with myself or random groupings but as long as you stay hydrated and maybe soak a towel with water and wipe your head/face/neck, it isn't too bad.

In March (2012) I played 3 rounds in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon). High temperatures were between 105 and 108. 4 to 5 bottles of water per 18-hours. Then 10 rounds in Thailand (Pattaya and Bangkok) where it was a cool 96 to 98.

Yesterday. It was 106, and to us Canadians, that is as bad as sitting in the fires of hell. I hate heat. To me, 70-80* is the perfect temperature.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Yesterday. It was 106, and to us Canadians, that is as bad as sitting in the fires of hell. I hate heat. To me, 70-80* is the perfect temperature.

Amen to that. My wife and I live in southeast Oklahoma, very humid. We are seriously considering moving to the state of Washington where her parents live. If the temp reaches 80 it's a heat wave.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

I'm 62 and my regular golf buddy is 59--we strictly walk and play in Louisiana. Typically 95 with 90% humidity--played the other day with a 78 year old walker who still

caddies for one of the areas top amateurs. He is using a new type of umbrella in a push cart holder that reflects almost all of the sun's heat--the difference under it is amazing

compared to a standard umbrella and they are less than $ 25.

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!