IGNORED

Annoying golfer

scooby7589
Note: This thread is 4053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dave s

Lastly, golf is supposed to be FUN.  If it's not fun for you, might be time to look for another expensive hobby like music or photography to occupy your time.

dave

I'd play in your crowd any day.

The less seriously one takes themselves, it's amazing how much less others bother you.

but I've never seen a drink cart girl that looks like that

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd play in your crowd any day. The less seriously one takes themselves, it's amazing how much less others bother you. but I've never seen a drink cart girl that looks like that

There's plenty of them around here. And they usually "dance" at night or work behind a bar somewhere.

Who do you watch on the tour who you consider annoying?

Furyk for me. The idiosyncrasies before hitting the ball are annoying.

Starting to get annoyed by Keegan addressing and readdressing the ball and his evil eye, and Bubba's constant whining when a shot or a putt goes astray.

Who do you watch on the tour who you consider annoying? Furyk for me. The idiosyncrasies before hitting the ball are annoying. Starting to get annoyed by Keegan addressing and readdressing the ball and his evil eye, and Bubba's constant whining when a shot or a putt goes astray.

Yep, Keegan for the stink eye thing. Sergio for the general pissy-ness

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Speaking of the 'cart girls ...'  Our course has the college-aged young ladies we always catch up with.  Great kids.  And whenever one of the guys makes a sideways comment about one of the girls, the standard answer is, "Dude, you're OLD ENOUGH to be that girl's DAD!!!"

And yeah, we are fortunate to have a great group of long-time friends to play with each season.  Most guys I met when I moved here at age 19.  Many of us have known each other for more than 30 years now.  I forget to count my blessings each day that we're all (for the most part) still here, active and able to play together.

Dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

I'm starting to hate myself for being Mr Rabbit Ears - I'm bothered by everything, it seems.

Velcro glove opening, whispering conversations, the flag waving in the wind while I'm putting (partner doesn't hold the flag down when holding the pin).

I don't say anything, but the noises are killing me.

Don't get me started on the sasquatch footprints on my putting line.......

Rick,

What turned things around for me years ago was listening to my father-in-law rant over his perception that he was 'cheated out of first place' on his senior league.  He recounted a laundry list of slights that happened throughout the season that put his team 1.5 points out of first place.  It was like he chronicled each and every match of the season like the whole league was against him and his partner winning the league.

I'm thinking, wow, this is supposed to be fun and why are you letting what happened with a group of old guys playing a leisurely sport ruin your life?  Then my thoughts quickly turned to, Oh my, please don't EVER let me be THAT guy.

For you, it almost sounds like it's snowballing.  If you analyze anything bad that happens to your game during a round, none of what you mentioned had anything at all to do with any particular stroke you made.  Truth be told, the only thing that truly bothers me on a golf course is having to putt through my shadow on a 4-footer to save par.  That's it!  Everything else that happens out there I'm completely ok with.

dave

• Upvote 1

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yep, Keegan for the stink eye thing.

Sergio for the general pissy-ness

Annoying -

Keegan - I don't mind the focus thing, that's just how he looks - but the constant spitting is annoying on TV.

I'm sure we all have some mannerisms though.

Fat Players - they're supposed to be the 'best' in a physical activity.  Kudos to those that take it seriously enough to train like a real athlete

Fat players that use a belly putter - ok, it's not annoying, just gross

Bill - 

Originally Posted by rehmwa

Annoying -

Fat Players - they're supposed to be the 'best' in a physical activity.  Kudos to those that take it seriously enough to train like a real athlete

Fat players that use a belly putter - ok, it's not annoying, just gross

This thread just went to 20 pages.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

i cannot stand playing with the golfer who sucks but still manages to believe your 300y drive or your 2' putt is his ball.  i played with a guy like that who either needed glasses or a special education tutor.

also in general any snotty person i get paired up with aggravates me equally.  unfriendly people can really destroy the enjoyability of the game.

people who talk during a shot annoy me in that moment, but if they are cool i get over it.  nothing can really trump bad attitude in the annoying category, and good attitude always seems to make up for some annoying habits.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

i cannot stand playing with the golfer who sucks but still manages to believe your 300y drive or your 2' putt is his ball.

Wish I could hit the ball anywhere near 300 yards so I could meet that guy!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by dave s

Rick,

What turned things around for me years ago was listening to my father-in-law rant over his perception that he was 'cheated out of first place' on his senior league.  He recounted a laundry list of slights that happened throughout the season that put his team 1.5 points out of first place.  It was like he chronicled each and every match of the season like the whole league was against him and his partner winning the league.

I'm thinking, wow, this is supposed to be fun and why are you letting what happened with a group of old guys playing a leisurely sport ruin your life?  Then my thoughts quickly turned to, Oh my, please don't EVER let me be THAT guy.

For you, it almost sounds like it's snowballing.  If you analyze anything bad that happens to your game during a round, none of what you mentioned had anything at all to do with any particular stroke you made.  Truth be told, the only thing that truly bothers me on a golf course is having to putt through my shadow on a 4-footer to save par.  That's it!  Everything else that happens out there I'm completely ok with.

dave

Good advice. Its just started recently. I've forgotten that this was supposed to be fun  - I'm probably also using noise/irritants as an excuse for my own bad golf shots/swings/putts/chips/etc.  I had been taking it as a challenge -to try to make putts despite the noise but got out of that habit. I always remember Tigers' stories about his father making all kinds of noise while he was putting to improve TW's concentration and not let that stuff bother him.

Only thing that bothers me on the course is insufficient applause....

Seriously, though, I don't get bothered by noise or people walking around me when I'm trying to putt. I just focus on the line or shot picture and nothing else is around.  Cell phone guy bothers me, but just because he's sitting in his cart and NOT PLAYING.  Pretty much the only thing that bothers me on the course is the guy who's not ready to hit.  Do whatever you want, but when it's your turn to hit, you should be ready.  You shouldn't be standing around staring at butterflies, waiting for 3 sets of eyes to bore through your skull to know it's your turn, and only then do you try and figure out what to do with your next shot.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by tuffluck

i cannot stand playing with the golfer who sucks but still manages to believe your 300y drive or your 2' putt is his ball.

I don't find it annoying, but I get a kick out of the guy who hits his drive far off the fairway--typically in the trees--and is looking for his ball between 25 and 50 yards past where it would have reasonably flown.  Whether they typically hit it 220 or 280 when it flies straight, they somehow think that, even though it sliced 20-30 yards, it still went 220 or 280.  I typically laugh to myself and then ask what they're looking for up there, and proceed to tell them their ball is "somewhere back there" and then begin helping them look for it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I don't find it annoying, but I get a kick out of the guy who hits his drive far off the fairway--typically in the trees--and is looking for his ball between 25 and 50 yards past where it would have reasonably flown.  Whether they typically hit it 220 or 280 when it flies straight, they somehow think that, even though it sliced 20-30 yards, it still went 220 or 280.  I typically laugh to myself and then ask what they're looking for up there, and proceed to tell them their ball is "somewhere back there" and then begin helping them look for it.

That would be me, sorry.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I find it annoying when a high handicapper who can't hit the ball very far will wait for the green to clear when he is really far out and then hit a 50 yard slice into the trees. I guess its kinda funny at the same time to see their disapointment.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I find it annoying when a high handicapper who can't hit the ball very far will wait for the green to clear when he is really far out and then hit a 50 yard slice into the trees. I guess its kinda funny at the same time to see their disapointment.

hahaha, so true!  specifically the guy that waits on his 2nd shot on a 600y par 5 for the green to clear and it's clear his drive only went about 220y...yeah, let's see that 380y 3 wood!

hahaha, so true!  specifically the guy that waits on his 2nd shot on a 600y par 5 for the green to clear and it's clear his drive only went about 220y...yeah, let's see that 380y 3 wood!

LOL! I have seen my share of those too.

Note: This thread is 4053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!