IGNORED

"Best" glove for sweaty hands

Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I've been spending money here and there to try and find the "best" glove for when my hands get sweaty.  Something that's durable and allows my hand to breath a little bit.  So far, I've found the Hirzl kangaroo leather gloves to be best as it seems they absorb the sweat and make for a better grip, but at $25 a glove, I'm sure there HAS to be a cheaper glove that's comparable.  What are your thoughts/glove of choice??

I used to wear one rain glove on my left hand on really hot days.  Worked great.  For me the cheaper synthetic gloves work better in the heat than the expensive soft leather gloves.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

I used to wear one rain glove on my left hand on really hot days.  Worked great.  For me the cheaper synthetic gloves work better in the heat than the expensive soft leather gloves.

Ditto this.  As a bonus, I can rinse the sweat out of a rain glove without really damaging the glove.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

No glove. Reading that this forum's leader does not wear a glove, I decided to give it a go this year. The results are wonderful. My hands sweat less or not at all. My Iomic grips are very good and that helps a lot I'm sure.

Even though I bought gloves in small batches and on sale, I spent a lot on gloves. I seat a lot more than most and I was hard on gloves. In the summer, I was lucky to get three rounds out of a glove.

It may take more than a few years, but this no-glove idea may even pay for my Iomic grips (the grips are supposed to last a few years too).

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

No glove. Reading that this forum's leader does not wear a glove, I decided to give it a go this year. The results are wonderful. My hands sweat less or not at all. My Iomic grips are very good and that helps a lot I'm sure.

Even though I bought gloves in small batches and on sale, I spent a lot on gloves. I seat a lot more than most and I was hard on gloves. In the summer, I was lucky to get three rounds out of a glove.

It may take more than a few years, but this no-glove idea may even pay for my Iomic grips (the grips are supposed to last a few years too).

Gloveless here too.  We seem to get rain every week on league night and we had scattered showers during our company tournament as well. I'm probably biased, but I see more and more players going gloveless now (better grip materials perhaps?) and the slowest 2 players on our scramble team were the ones constantly fussing with their gloves. Waiting on someone to be ready to putt and waiting for the sound of velcro gets old after 18 holes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ditto on the gloveless. Well actually for about the first 15 holes. I live in NC and on some of the more open tracks, it can get pretty hot. My mom picked up some frogg togg towels for something else, so I figure I will use them. I've heard they are really good for keeping your hands cool. I use the Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound grips on my irons, and they are great against sweat.

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

I agree with the gloveless folks.  I stopped using a glove over the past several months of play and love it.  I use the Dri-Tac grips and like the results.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of the Hirzl Trust Feel, I like them for the grip they provide, but they aren't really comfortable. One of the seems on the glove tend to rub my gloveless hand, and after a while will hurt/cause a blister. Plus they are a little on the expensive side, but they are pretty durable.

Another option I've used, was the Foot Joy SPIDR2. Good grip at a much better price.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I've always had sweaty hands, and usually lived in sweaty places (Georgia, Texas, Hawaii, etc).

FootJoy WeatherSof 2-pack is your answer.  They're synthetic, so they don't stretch when wet.  I use two when I play; both are hanging off of the bag, or the canopy of the cart when I'm riding.  I'll change gloves on every hole, or even every other shot.  Just take the glove off between shots and rotate them.  They will always stay dry.

The best thing is that they sell these in a 2-pack for $18.  I think that by rotating them they actually last longer.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

90 degrees Saturday. No glove worked great. One time I needed to dampen and then dry my grip to get the tackiness back.

So, even in hot and muggy conditions, no glove is better than a glove.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

No glove and I wear sweat bands on my wrists.  The bands really help.  For really hot days I will put a fresh pair of bands on at the turn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!