IGNORED

Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.

formula428
Note: This thread is 3123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?

• Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
    • It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.

Playing alone is boring for me. If I have nobody to golf with me I try to get one of the kids or my woman to ride with me so I have someone to talk to and say "woo, look at that shot I just made!" haha

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Playing alone is boring for me. If I have nobody to golf with me I try to get one of the kids or my woman to ride with me so I have someone to talk to and say "woo, look at that shot I just made!" haha

When I play alone, I find that I am great company. No one cheers my good shots like I do. :)

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

It can be. I always fear I'm gonna hole out a par 3 or some long iron shot when I'm alone.

But typically I go, hit a few balls, practice sand shots, touch shots, etc., when I'm alone.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

When I play alone, I find that I am great company. No one cheers my good shots like I do. :)

Haha, I'm the same. I'll congratulate myself when I hit a good shot while playing alone. If I'm with a group I don't because I fear coming across as gloating.

I like to go after work during the week.  Not many of my friends can make it for a 4:30 tee time.  Customers can but that is only once a month or so during the week.  I always enjoy myself and am always excited to pair up with someone new to play with.

Play by myself 2 -3 times a week. That is practice, more realistic and can get the shots you just can't get on most ranges, such as uphill and downhill lies. And while doing this I can work on what I need the most, whatever that is. Just think of the pros and I can guarantee they play alone a lot as their practice.

You know what, I've only ever golfed once by myself and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to make a habit of hitting up the local par 3 course by myself for practice. 15 bucks for a round of 18 and in great shape.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I was playing alone when I made my only hole in one. I usually play with my best friend. We try to play two or three times a week.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Originally Posted by TaylorMadeFan15

Of course it's fun to play golf with your friends, but I prefer playing a round by myself. I shoot the best golf of my life when it's just me, myself, and I.

Same for me!

Playing with other people can be more fun, but the quality of my game is not the same.

I also shoot sporting clays and my scores are best when I don't talk to anyone during the whole tournament. I just concentrate on what I'm doing.

I always prefer to play solo, and will go to the course on off-peak times. I like to play quickly, and joining others always seems to put a drag on the pace. Enjoy the peace and quiet, and play 2 or 3 balls without guilt. I am the only witness to my 3 career holes-in-one.

Originally Posted by TaylorMadeFan15

Of course it's fun to play golf with your friends, but I prefer playing a round by myself. I shoot the best golf of my life when it's just me, myself, and I.

But who's going to believe you when you never do it in front of witnesses?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I play by myself a lot.  Just a few holes, sometimes all 18.  I agree with everyone that I drop an extra ball here and there to work on a shot.  I also do it to take different angles on tee shots and approach shots.  Sometimes I put the driver away and play long irons and sometimes I will use only driver on the tee.  I think it is great for game development.  One thing that has really helped me when playing in a group is to have worked on different spots on the course by myself.  Say I am embarrassed by hitting in the trees and then hitting a tree ending up out but behind my prior shot -- usually an 8 scenario for me.  Playing alone it didn't matter so I just played it out to a bogey, gave me confidence to take the shot in the trees in my next round with the guys.  I find playing alone builds confidence more than hitting some good shots in a group.

I find when I play by myself that I "care" less and don't follow the rules as much in favor of practicing more. I get finished my round and have no idea what I actually shot. I much prefer playing with a random that I get paired with at the first tee than alone.

Driver: TM Rocketballz 10.5°, Stiff Shaft

3Wood: TM Rocketballz Tour 14.5°, Stiff Shaft

7Wood: Maxfli, Regular Shaft

5-PW: TM R7 Draw, Stiff Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58° Cleveland CG14 or CG15

Putter: TM Rossa Daytona

Originally Posted by Fourputt

But who's going to believe you when you never do it in front of witnesses?

The only one that counts.  Me.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I play by myself two or three times a week and with others usually once. The key difference for me is that when I play with other people all of my shots seem to have a lot more meaning. On saturday I played in a group of four and had a couple really crazy shots that I still can remember like I just hit them because me and my friends laughed and talked about it for the rest of the day. I hit the same amount of good shots by myself but they feel so much less significant, especially when I play two or three more balls off the tee for practice.

Another thing is that playing in a group is the only way to prove your skills to other people.  Before this summer I used to only play once or twice a year and was pretty awful, so my friends didn't believe that I had broken 80 until I played with them and shut them up.

Playing by yourself definitely shouldn't feel uncomfortable or weird though.  Just go during off-peak times and you probably won't even have to get paired with someone else.  Use the time to hit two or three balls and get some good practice in on things you struggle with.

Originally Posted by turtleback

The only one that counts.  Me.

Agreed.

Same person that knows that you didn't cheat during a round with friends.

"Me."

I holed out once from about 70 yards.  Still remember it to this day, and always will.  It was what I consider my best shot ever, and probably will be until I get a hole-in-one.  I wasn't playing alone, but I might as well have been because the guys I was playing with were strangers I'd met on the 1st tee and I'll never see them again to have them corroborate my story.  Does it diminish the event?  Not in my mind.  I'm proud of things I do NOT because people praise me for doing them, but because of the feelings of accomplishment I gave myself.

Originally Posted by dave67az

I holed out once from about 70 yards.

Yeah, right.  I don't believe you.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!